Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Arsenal comms thread.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He needs options, but has little to do except try and retain possession in a defensive game we were never going to win with that lineup.

He did have options. Not many, but they were there at times and for whatever reason, he never took them. Arsenal play a high line, the space was there. And Chirewa did make several runs, especially in the first half, of a kind that top passers spot and try for. Every one was ignored.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why the **** are we getting rid of players when we've got literally 11 senior players?
Shows the disparity in finances, and more accurately the ability to spend what money you have, when we have to put a school kids on the bench, yet man city can have players on theirs worth as much as our squad.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched on Directv on a JetBlue plane heading to Florida. Nice to get to watch the game. Result unfortunately was as expected. A very tough game against a team that’s just broken their record for consecutive away clean sheets, with a squad that’s barely able to field a senior team. Proud of the performance.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do the research….. I am correct……. The socks aren’t made by “tech guys”, shirts are, but the socks the lads play in are the same as you buy in the club shop…….
Research socks? What? Ay? Who? Me?
No.
I must instead watch the wife grind oats for tomorrows breakfast.

I don't disbelieve you, I just chuckle at it.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He did have options. Not many, but they were there at times and for whatever reason, he never took them. Arsenal play a high line, the space was there. And Chirewa did make several runs, especially in the first half, of a kind that top passers spot and try for. Every one was ignored.

Maybe he was playing to tactics. We didn't set out to win that game really, probably we didn't have the personnel...a bit of a borefest but we didn't collapse which is not bad seeing what was on the pitch at the end. Basically Chirewa with Lemina as foil....pretty poor options.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Research socks? What? Ay? Who? Me?
No.
I must instead watch the wife grind oats for tomorrows breakfast.

I don't disbelieve you, I just chuckle at it.

Mate, it is stupid…… i agree with you……

The dawn of sports medicine and sports science found it all out. It is proper boring stuff lol

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched on Directv on a JetBlue plane heading to Florida. Nice to get to watch the game. Result unfortunately was as expected. A very tough game against a team that’s just broken their record for consecutive away clean sheets, with a squad that’s barely able to field a senior team. Proud of the performance.
Fancy!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

First time we’ve flown JetBlue or on a plane with Directv. Amazing really. Free WiFi too, hence why I’m tapping away now. Only downside is that there’s a 30 sec lag between the tv feed and Liam’s X posts, so I unfortunately knew about their second goal just before they scored.

Thought Kilman and Gomes played well. Was a bit worried about Lemina when he went down. While I didn’t think it a penalty, I would not have been surprised if that had been given had the teams and score been reversed…

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Sa had an excellent game. He was off balance to save the shot when realistically he was probably expecting the ball to be played back across the goal. It was a very good opportunistic goal which would have probably beaten most 'keepers.
His kicking was terrible.

IOMWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
You think Sarabia contributed anything other than taking corners?
Edit: maybe you should follow the
Off field issues aside, the performance deserved more people staying to applaud them off.

South Bank superb tonight.
Totally agree and many did to be fair but apparently I should have been following the thread rather than supporting the players and their performance in very difficult circumstances!

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree and many did to be fair but apparently I should have been following the thread rather than supporting the players and their performance in very difficult circumstances!
Well if you had you would probably realise there was no criticism of Chirewa, which is what I assume you were referring to?
Nobody can be defending Sarabia after that cameo

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely pointless game, over before it started. But well done for not getting absolutely pumped, lads.

Gary following his defeated press conference yesterday by seemingly saying to Arteta “go easy on us” as they met outside the tunnel just before KO.

Boubacar played well.

Is it August yet?

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They gave a good account of themselves, could’ve been a hammering.

Sa poor for that second though.
Sa is pain in the ****. With the ball at his feet, he’s a car crash, but then two minutes later he’s pulling off a worldie from point blank range…but then, gets beaten at his near post when it’d be less difficult to save it. I can’t get my head around it. Is he good, is he ****? Can’t quite figure him out.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Sa is pain in the ****. With the ball at his feet, he’s a car crash, but then two minutes later he’s pulling off a worldie from point blank range…but then, gets beaten at his near post when it’d be less difficult to save it. I can’t get my head around it. Is he good, is he ****? Can’t quite figure him out.
Bit of both I think. For a mid table side who paid £7m I think he’s done alright for us.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Arsenal were poor…….but they still won at a canter……Tells you everything really.

Couldn't expect anything else with all the injuries and tbh, a third of our squad would struggle to get a game in the Championship so all a bit predictable at the moment.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if you had you would probably realise there was no criticism of Chirewa, which is what I assume you were referring to?
Nobody can be defending Sarabia after that cameo
I am going to defend Sarabia. I want him him next season because he has a lovely touch and fantastic weight of pass. I don't think he can be a number 9.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Honestly seeing our squad at the moment, I don't want to lose anybody before we sign players. Once we get 4 or 5 in then maybe we can let one go!
Exactly! To me it’s utterly bonkers that we’re all agreeing the squad is too small, and yet there’s conversations about who would be first out of the door. We need to keep everyone if we can and add to the squad.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Exactly! To me it’s utterly bonkers that we’re all agreeing the squad is too small, and yet there’s conversations about who would be first out of the door. We need to keep everyone if we can and add to the squad.
The amount of times I say exactly this.

Back
Top Bottom