Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Gary’s De-Presser

Stourwolf

Reaction score
I would imagine most, if not all, the players are very happy playing for us. Do you really believe they’re thinking they’re being let down by a ‘disfunctional club’?
They probably do feel let down, we have heard comments from a few players regarding the squad size.Players have ambitions and must be disappointed with the seasons ending due to neglect of the squad, and running players into the ground.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I,m out now.the team news / kick off time. Rather watch at home with a beer now

I know many who are doing the same due to the costs of getting there….

One has said with the cost of a train fare this is one that he cannot justify paying all the expense for.

You cannot disagree with those fans in making that decision not to go in fairness

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stupid question. If you put your ticket up for resale and it doesn’t sell can you still use it?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stupid question. If you put your ticket up for resale and it doesn’t sell can you still use it?
I'm pretty sure that the answer is no as they will have disabled your smart card for that game. Perhaps if you contact the ticket office they could do something....

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do wonder what our senior professionals and best players think about the situation we are currently in with injuries and total lack of squad depth.

Players like The Pitbull, RAN, Neto, Cunha etc are young and have ambitions, but must be thinking if those ambitions are with Wolves.

The club needs to show those players they have ambitions to match their own and it has to start in the summer!
I would imagine they’re just getting on with it and not having hissy-fits like some on here. We are where we are, worse things happen at sea, we’re safe in the Premier League, live to fight another day, see what the summer brings…etc etc

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Seems crazy that you couldn't use it if they didn't sell it. Surely they'd only disable it when it was re-sold? There must be a couple of hundred up for resale and I looked just to try to buy one only to be told it wasn't for sale until the game is sold out, even though the ground appears to be sold out!

watts

Reaction score
With all these injuries I bet Noah Lemina still won’t play, what has the lad got to do to get a game, if we’re potentially putting a 15 year old in why not give Noah a chance for 45

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With all these injuries I bet Noah Lemina still won’t play, what has the lad got to do to get a game, if we’re potentially putting a 15 year old in why not give Noah a chance for 45
Thought he was injured?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Impress GON in training.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
He’s injured back in training next week

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would imagine they’re just getting on with it and not having hissy-fits like some on here. We are where we are, worse things happen at sea, we’re safe in the Premier League, live to fight another day, see what the summer brings…etc etc

From personal experience from when I was lucky to be paid to play a sport, and when I worked in football.

When the squad isn’t well run in terms of numbers and you get thread bare and you are forced to be playing too much and others now in the starting lineup and matchday squad are the youth who aren’t ready or players who are just not to standard, believe me players do moan about it with each other and their coaches and representatives the longer it goes on and results aren’t good. No matter how well the coaches have done to build a strong squad. Players are only human.

I have seen players who are publicly happy, demand talks with owners to see what the future is and if the answers aren’t convincing, the player ask to leave at the end of that season……

They will rarely show it publicly, but the moaning and hissy fits do happen…… us as fans outside of the set ups don’t see them.

Not saying that is happening with us, but it wouldn’t surprise me if a few aren’t happy behind closed doors with the situation we are in currently with the playing squad numbers who are fit.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spiers commenting on GONs bemoaning of the injuries on the Atletic podcast:
"Well they've had some injuries but not the amount Chelsea and Newcastle have had. Newcastle has a full team out and still beat Spurs easily last week and you didn't see Eddie Howe complaining after that"

Now what may be the difference between our squad and the squad of those 2 clubs I wonder..

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We might be in a better situation right now if the FA cup replays had already been scrapped…..
Would have had that proper 2 week break.
May well still have gone through on penalties.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just sold mine back. Cant justify it tonight now. Plus two games coming up that hopefully we have a team for.
A bit of me wonders whether GON is thinking the same, rest players for this one and get as fit a team as we can for 2 more winnable games later,the small squad,tired players may just be a timely excuse to put a weak side out for this one,who knows?

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't speak for others but personally l really hope that happens! I want the club to be successful.
…but that’s the issue right there. This site is awash with the worst type of accusations that could be levelled at the owners of a football club. Yet the evidence runs contrary to those accusations. What was it last year…’Fosun are asset stripping getting ready to sell’?
Yet the get out is always ‘I hope they prove me wrong but…’ And, even if they do prove you and the others wrong, we may get a single apology, if we’re lucky, but then you’ll find something else to moan about.
I’ve loved this time with Fosun as our owners. There have been many more ups than downs and we’ve been treated to some absolutely majestic footballers playing for us. Yet I can’t help thinking that a lot of posters on here just can’t see the wood for the trees. Even this season, with a thin squad has been great. Football isn’t always about winning or making the right choices. It’s about drama, a story, a shared lived experience, the jeopardy. I think that’s lost on many people.

Last edited:

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
15 year old going on the bench could be a win win for GON .
1 . Highlights to Fosun we very obviously need players .
2 . Get a real battering off Arsenal and GON can say we really were to the bare bones with a 15 year old on our bench .........media , what did you really expect ?

Last edited:

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
"Well they've had some injuries but not the amount Chelsea and Newcastle have had. Newcastle has a full team out and still beat Spurs easily last week and you didn't see Eddie Howe complaining after that"

Now what may be the difference between our squad and the squad of those 2 clubs I wonder..
Poor from Spiers. There should be context to this and Spiers should know better.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poor from Spiers. There should be context to this and Spiers should know better.

Why shame on spiers?

He has made a fair and factual point….. both of those clubs have had more injuries than us but haven’t been left playing lads who are taking their GCSE’s or A levels…….

They haven’t struggled because they have the mythical thing that fosun don’t like called suitable and actual squad depth!

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Next time a sasa or a Fabio wants to go out on loan mid-season say no.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Eddie Howe has complained loads this season about injuries. Spiers just cherrypicking the facts there to suit him.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Along with most others I'm horrified at the current state of affairs and understand fully GON's dark humour iro a missed Science lesson. But, as a club we came perilously close to exceeding the limits of PSR so where we could have spent £m's recruiting additional players is difficult to understand. We have made some serious blunders in the recent past but that is water under the bridge, and it's no good repeatedly revisiting the scenes of the crimes. The worry for me is that the summer will not witness a spending spree other than funds from sales, and if we don't have fully fit players to sell there won't be much comfort to be found there!
We've been told to expect more players in the £10m-£15m bracket as opposed the £25m-£50m one.

Let's hope the club have identified that spending £40m on two players is more beneficial than one, rather than slashing the spending by half. We must have a larger squad of senior pro's.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We've had so much bad luck with injuries lately. I'm not writing us off today because you never know, but it's just become a lot harder

surreywolf

Reaction score
They could have bought in better squad cover in January but actually made us weaker when Gary thought we would be stronger at the end of the window. They have ruined what could have been an excellent season by leaving us too light. Two players added without paying massive fees such as the likes of Fofana who went to Burnley would not have seen us breach FFP. They screwed up in January and it has cost us an FA Cup Semi final place and potentially a Europe spot.

I just don’t agree sorry - we were on course for a terrible season and we haven’t had one. Of course we all want more, but we’ve not done badly

Europe was crazy talk to be honest

Let’s see if they do better in the summer. Hopefully Hobbs and O’Neill will be rewarded for their promising work so far

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Spiers is such a lowlife, turning up at stab O'Neil in the back like this.

Most easily pimped fake journalist hanging round the club.

If the club want to undermine O'Neil, he is the **** stirrer they would pick.

Really not a good sign.

The club still look they are steadily heading for the worst scenario.

Back
Top Bottom