Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Arsenal (H) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
IMG_6199.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

Here we are again. After a decent point on the road last weekend, it’s the first of three home games this week where we can hopefully put a few more points on the board.

I’ve seen words like “disaster” and “disgrace” used this week to describe our season. I think that’s well out of order to be honest. Could it have been better? Absolutely. But let’s be brutally honest, we’d have taken 11th and safe with 6 games to spare at the start of August. It’s a shame that the injuries have meant the season has dropped off, but let’s not forget everything that’s happened before.

In terms of line-up, we’re pretty much down to the barest of bones. Anyone who is fit will be involved. I reckon some of you ought to bring your boots later just in case.

Sa
Santi Kilman Toti
Doherty Lemina Gomes Bueno
Sarabia Fraser Doyle

Tough ask at the best of times, but with all the unavailability of players, we’re right up against it. Arsenal have had a good season but they’re probably at the point where they know one more slip and the league is gone. Under the Molineux lights, with a full squad, I’d have fancied us to at the very least make them work bloody hard for a result, and maybe even got something. As it is, I think we could find it too much today.

I reckon as a fan all I can do and all any of us can do is turn up, make a right racket and support a group of players and coaching staff who have given it their all this season. You just never know in football.

Whether you’re following from Wolverhampton, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stuff the game Jade….. What an amazing picture of Noddy that is! The best yet!

Agreed, what a great picture of a young Noddy Holder.

Regarding the game, despite the injuries I think we will give Arsenal a good game. I thought Wolves could win, but with so many players out, I will settle for a draw.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really expecting too much from today. Extremely tough game even with a fully fit squad.

I think I've set my hopes at seeing a decent defensive display and some promising performances from our youth prospects. I imagine the young lads are going into this with complete freedom as there is absolutely no expectation on them so hopefully they can show their best.

Leemack

Reaction score
With the missing players I am going into this hopeful not expectant so keep it tight, don't ship a shed load of goals and give it a good go and who knows.

It's very 'us' to do something so let's see. The Kick off time is something else I don't want to go into but it's ridiculous

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tough one today. Hoping for a positive result but expect a loss. Hopefully not a heavy loss which could destroy the confidence of young players. Expecting very little means I’ll be able to enjoy the game for what it is

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I struggled to wade through the hysteria on the other thread.
What’s the situation? Cunha, Semado and RAN are all now injured too?

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It would be a lot easier for you to seek out Gary's presser from yesterday if you Don't want to read through the posts.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Cunha Semedo Dawson bellegarde neto are definitely out
Possible that ran maybe on the bench but I doubt it

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, I hope this is a game for a young or fringe player to step up to the mark and make a name for themselves, although like most, I fear the worst. I think in this game I would sit Lemina and Gomes deep, and maybe play Doyle behind a front 2, or even alongside Laurence with Fraser up top. I think we have to try something different, and, be prepared to use subs and mix things about to keep Arsenal guessing

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Looking at our injury situation, I wonder if we’ve dodged a bullet not getting through to the semi final. Absolutely gutted not to see Wolves at Wembley but with so many injuries to key players, I’m not sure how competitive we’d be.
I think necessity will dictate we set up very defensively tonight and thank goodness we’re safe.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going to be a tough one today. I’d play the fastest U21 on LW and say when we get the ball head down and run and we’ll try to knock over top. Pace is the only threat which could knock them back - but without Neto, Cunha, RAN or a fit Hwang we don’t have it with Doyle/Sarabia who are clever 1-2 players.

In absence of pace I’d play Traore in a roaming false no. 9 and look to stay in game for 60 mins if possible.

Sa
Bueno Kilman Toti
Doc Lemina Gomes Doyle Bueno
Sarabia Traore

PS - for those who haven’t seen separate thread mate’s son is doing 100 penalty kicks across various grounds for cancer (I assume at HT). Raising 100k. Please be supportive

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I read somewhere that we have a 15 year old on the bench, or possibly starting, and he is really happy as he got out of science in the week to train with the first team!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Must be the easiest week ever to pick the side anyway. Sa and all the fit outfield players. Only a question of which of the midfielders gets shoehorned in further forward, however given the amount of cover the defence will need maybe that doesn't matter, basically a 5-5-0. Still give it everything on the pitch and in the stands.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Noah Lemina is ever going to start or get some minutes then it must be today?

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 42060

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

Here we are again. After a decent point on the road last weekend, it’s the first of three home games this week where we can hopefully put a few more points on the board.

I’ve seen words like “disaster” and “disgrace” used this week to describe our season. I think that’s well out of order to be honest. Could it have been better? Absolutely. But let’s be brutally honest, we’d have taken 11th and safe with 6 games to spare at the start of August. It’s a shame that the injuries have meant the season has dropped off, but let’s not forget everything that’s happened before.

In terms of line-up, we’re pretty much down to the barest of bones. Anyone who is fit will be involved. I reckon some of you ought to bring your boots later just in case.

Sa
Santi Kilman Toti
Doherty Lemina Gomes Bueno
Sarabia Fraser Doyle

Tough ask at the best of times, but with all the unavailability of players, we’re right up against it. Arsenal have had a good season but they’re probably at the point where they know one more slip and the league is gone. Under the Molineux lights, with a full squad, I’d have fancied us to at the very least make them work bloody hard for a result, and maybe even got something. As it is, I think we could find it too much today.

I reckon as a fan all I can do and all any of us can do is turn up, make a right racket and support a group of players and coaching staff who have given it their all this season. You just never know in football.

Whether you’re following from Wolverhampton, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!
What a picture I remember Noddy at that age, old as a conker tree me

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A game I'm unable to make unfortunately due to other important commitments, but can only see us being given a football lesson with only one outcome. Good job goal difference isn't important to us in our mid-table position.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep it respectable today and try to keep some legs for bournemouth and luton games. You never know we may be able to get a draw out of this with a full Molineux treating it like a cup game.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be tempted to rest Sarabia and Lemina as they have started ro look knackered recently and just except we're going to get dicked. Focus on Bournemouth and Luton.

Sa
Doc Kilman Bueno Toti Bueno
Doyle Gomes Boubs
Chirewa Fraser

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good old Noddy (looking young today). UTW.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didnt Liverpool rock up here with a very young team many years ago and win by a bagful ?
Its not impossible but highly unlikely we get anything but a mauling but what better incentive for the youngsters?
Lets hope for at least a fighting defeat if nothing else

rubyloo

Reaction score
You never know we may be able to get a draw out of this with a full Molineux treating it like a cup game.
We need a Man U qtr final or Man City 3-2 vibe to stand any chance. Absolutely nothing to lose so I really hope we get behind the team tonight. Molineux - let’s be ‘avin you.

Tom

Reaction score
Only 4 single tickets available to buy in the whole ground. But hundreds been posted for resale but unavailable to buy on the ticket site?? So anyone making a late decision for a pair of tickets can’t go?? Bizarre marketing decision from the ticket office!! ‍♂️

Chriswwfc

Reaction score
Does anybody know why the ticket site won’t let me buy a resale ticket?

It says you can’t while tickets haven’t sold out but also says they’re sold out?

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only 4 single tickets available to buy in the whole ground. But hundreds been posted for resale but unavailable to buy on the ticket site?? So anyone making a late decision for a pair of tickets can’t go?? Bizarre marketing decision from the ticket office!! ‍♂️
They won't release until all the others have been sold ; it's a frustration but club already sold the ticket I suppose.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Sort of thing that can always get pulled out the bag, a result in a fixture like this I mean.

Weirdly I am not too nervous. Which is never a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom