Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Gary’s De-Presser

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He has done the job and kept us in the PL, so if he has overplayed them to achieve that, then good job...

...every team has injuries, but any with their best 3 attackers?

...was October when Pedro, Cunha and Channy last played together.

He speaks fully and honestly (maybe too much, but I like that), but as a result, then seems to leave himself open to misinterpretation.

If we not robbed of 10(?) points by PGMOL, maybe GON could have rested players...even attract a striker or 3 in Jan...

Maybe it helps the team with the 'them v us' spirit.

Gets 6pts out of 9 this week, happy enough, but prefer 7 or 9.

Suggest let's all wait and see how we do...seems the same dread factor as before the City game.

Last edited:

loppers86

Reaction score
I have just watched the press conference in full and I am very impressed with everything GON says about the team and the situation facing the team over the last 6 games . There are a lot of guys on here who should take a good look at themselves and be ashamed of their constant winging every time we have a set back . I will be there tomorrow and Wednesday and next Saturday to do what Gary has asked for which is to cheer on the players .
I won’t be there because i get depressed when we get hammered, and sure as eggs is eggs this will be a hammering. if they score early im going for 0-6.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Digraceful Fosun did not spend all the money available on more players. Do the better informed know how much we had to spend in Summer Xmas on the desperately need players?

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It really doesn’t matter what team we put out tomorrow. Everyone has been on the beach since we lost to Coventry.
That is not true. Our players have never stopped trying. This is on bad luck and Jeff. And I'm a Fosun lover, by the way. But this is extremely poor. However, it's simply not fair to claim our players haven't tried.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can honestly see Arsenal getting double figures tomorrow evening

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
If only there was a thread for people who have something to say but don’t need a new thread…. :D

Has anyone guessed your uniform yet @Redhillwolf ? I’m guessing it’s BurgerKing ;)
Oh yeah!…that could have been the thread but went straight for the first GON thread I could find. Think there are lots of guesses going round and lots of people seem to be having fun in doing so! :) The first guess was the correct one though ;-)

SingleMalt

Reaction score
The worst thing about this complete farce is experience tells us that its very possible that not a great deal will change next season.
We all expect several big names to leave and it's highly likely that only a fraction of the incoming money will be reinvested as Fosun have abandoned any idea of progression. The tiny squad idea is from the top and GON will have to like it or leave.
The tiny squad comes from Nuno and we’ve failed to rectify that since he left. First we got things massively wrong with Lage and then had to spend millions on getting Lopetegui to bail us out. The amount of money we’ve wasted in the last few years is astonishing really and has held us back massively.

One thing I would say is that when a team screws up this badly in the PL they usually get relegated and at least we’ve avoided that. I just hope we can now rebuild intelligently and that Gary gets the team he wants.

surreywolf

Reaction score
Yep. It is so poor. Cant say they werent warned about this ridiculous small squad mantra. It has backfired massively.

Erm, it really hasn’t

We avoided points deduction thanks to transfers, and yet stayed up comfortably

Won’t be much fun against Arsenal, and potentially rest of the week

But backfired? No - that would have been us being in relegation trouble with these injuries

And we’re not. Hate to tell you this but they’ve actually done a good job considering where we were going into last season

Real test coming up in summer, no doubt though

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's not give up too soon, even if that news hit us all hard. We have some bloody good players; a mostly solid defence; a midfield that can compete with the best; a young centre forward who's a true Wolf and who will give everything; we've got a Spanish international; a young manager learning his trade and who will learn from this moment....how to inspire, how to believe, how to keep fighting; we've got the best supporters in the League when at our loudest, and we're at home under the lights. ****, if it was easy we'd all support the plastics, be Man Utd fans and always semi happy and semi ****ed off, because we'd have never experienced pure joy or utter despair. **** it, we are Wolves. One pack. Winter is coming. It's hard out there and we will howl and fight and together devour the bison.
Glory is built on such foundations, not bought at Harrods in over elaborate wrapping paper.

Wolves ay we, proper club, proper team, proper fans. **** the rest.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People are already revising this season into a failure based on this limp ending then.
At the start of the season all of us would have bitten an arm off to have 43 points with 6 games to go, with a probability of finishing no worse than 13th.
Successful season in my view, no matter what happens now.

surreywolf

Reaction score
Not good team news today and frustrating to hear kids will be playing against arguably best footballing side in the division

Nevertheless we could EASILY have been in a far far worse situation and I do think some of the comments on this thread are people just nashing teeth and posting same old stuff

Real test will be in the summer surely to see how the club builds on really promising first season from GON. But even he knows he’s only just proved himself, and the real work starts in year two

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A good defensive display needed from the experienced players.

Reactions: Ian

NewOrder306

Groupie
Reaction score
Really?!!! I thought it was going to be much worse than this….
43 points 6 games left.......In August hands up who would have taken !! (or even dreamt that :rolleyes:)

Are we a bunch who only sing when were winning (seems whinging) - or are we there when the chips are down (especially the orange ones ;))

SO COME ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such a shame that such a promising season, in which the players have given absolutely everything, will end this way.

That said, we all know that Jeff's ineptitude could've cost us much more if this had happened earlier in the season, so small mercies I suppose.

I don't expect things to change though under Fosun anymore.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At the start of the season all of us would have bitten an arm off to have 43 points with 6 games to go, with a probability of finishing no worse than 13th.
Same.

17 players out the door, a games teacher in charge and not a pot to piddle in. Had us to finish bottom on some miserly points total down there with Derby.

It has been an extraordinary season with many wonderful moments. We've played some great football and witnessed tactical astuteness up there with the best in the game.

We are blessed.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank heavens these injuries didn’t happen a dozen matches ago or we would have been in deep, deep trouble.

The situation is embarrassing and Mr Shi has said how he sympathises with GON, who I will repeat for the umpteenth time has done a brilliant job.

Mr Shi, as a lifelong Wolves fan will you please ensure we keep this current squad and head coach together and add 3-4 new signings in the summer. Otherwise **** off!

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Biggest irony is, we actually have decent squad depth, it’s just it’s all out on loan. Even bigger irony, a lot of the ones out on loan were some of our most expensive signings.

That couple of years back end Nuno reign, into Lage, with Sellars and Shi ruling the roost has absolutely crippled us.

loppers86

Reaction score
We are relegation certainties for next season.

Back
Top Bottom