Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Season ticket prices 24/25

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you want me to answer that I will. I worked till I was 74, not in teaching I might add. After thirty years at the chalk face I left the profession and went truck driving. I had a LGV licence when I was teaching and spent holidays working. I used to European work mainly.

I paid my stamp and my income tax, never on the dole or sponging of the state and I think I have earned my retirement as an octogenarian.
Respect to you. I’ll have done my 50 years in August for some really **** employers.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It wouldn’t just be season tickets and match day tickets though, would it.

Probably an extra £1 for a pint, extra 50p for a pie, 10p for Bovril and 20p for a packet of crisps. All prices will increase at the kiosks.

Prices in Sir Jacks restaurant will probably increase as well.

It all helps!
Mate, honestly, any extra we get stung for this summer will make no difference to the amount we do or don’t spend on players.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've had a 94/95% renewal rate since promotion so all we say here is nonsense anyway. It would just be nice not to be gouged on price and for the club to explain why they are putting the prices up? They cannot be bothered to paint the stadium.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah probably hiding in the wanderer pub! It is genuinely the only time I ever remember sitting in my seat.
Sat down a few times when the stewards had that fruitless drive to get us all seated. They'd get half the stand sitting down, before " stand up, if you love the Wolves" would start.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As an OAP with a season ticket in the Upper Steve Bull, I would like to throw my three peneth into the debate.

My starting salary as a secondary teacher in 1965 was £710 per year which after stoppages left me in the region of £50 per month. Mortgage lenders would lend you two and a half times your salary. So approximately £1750. My first bungalow cost me £4100.00 and the mortgage payment was £26.00 a month. I had to save £2350 in order to purchase it.

We didn't have mobile phones to purchase or Sky to pay for and my car was kept going with spares from the scrap yard.

Take the mortgage payment of your monthly take home pay and. It didn't leave a great amount to live on, but we managed.

It is all relative I know but we OAPs have earned the right for a little perk now and then. We don't get a free TV licence by the way. While a meal out and a pint cost the same as my kids are charged. Petrol and electricity, water rates and community charge are also the same.
Once again, you're indulging in misconceptions. What I find strange is that your generation ignores all the statistics in front of them but continues to indulge in lazy stereotypes about young people nowadays wasting money on Sky TV etc and that's seemingly why they can't manage to get on the housing ladder like you were able to.

Just look at the statistics, it's obvious as to why. The generation growing up now will have a worse standard of living than the one before them, which is true for the first time in hundreds of years. So, shouldn't the club be looking to help say the U25s rather than continuing to subsidise OAPs? Many of which will be in a much more secure financial situation by comparison.

Attachments

• images (5).jpeg
    images (5).jpeg
    8.7 KB · Views: 17
  • house-prices-1960s.jpg
    house-prices-1960s.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 17

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As for disposable income, if us OAPs had to pay full price many including myself could not afford it. It would be a kick in the teeth after all these years.
And what do you say to those young people who jump from concession price to adult? Isn't that a kick in the teeth?

Prices should be lower across the board but if getting rid of the OAP discount helps to keep adult prices down as a whole then that's something the club should do.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sat down a few times when the stewards had that fruitless drive to get us all seated. They'd get half the stand sitting down, before " stand up, if you love the Wolves" would start.
I’m in the middle of a row, right behind the goal but half way up so they’d always given up by the time they got to me. I used to love the annual letter off Moxey about persistent standing! Hoddle was enough to make me sit down for a couple of games though!

Mancwolf56

Groupie
Reaction score
Once again, you're indulging in misconceptions. What I find strange is that your generation ignores all the statistics in front of them but continues to indulge in lazy stereotypes about young people nowadays wasting money on Sky TV etc and that's seemingly why they can't manage to get on the housing ladder like you were able to.

Just look at the statistics, it's obvious as to why. The generation growing up now will have a worse standard of living than the one before them, which is true for the first time in hundreds of years. So, shouldn't the club be looking to help say the U25s rather than continuing to subsidise OAPs? Many of which will be in a much more secure financial situation by comparison.
That’s a bit of a sweeping statement about ‘your generation’. I currently benefit from the senior discount but I agree that any discounts should be aimed at younger fans.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't we have sections?

- (Very) Young Wolves plus parents in lower BW (discount);
- Singers and standers in South Bank (no discount if sing and stand all game);
- Singers and sitters in North Bank lower (no discount);
- Quiet group and tourists in upper BW (premium);
- Pie throwers and people who don't need to wee in Steve Bull (no discount but pie which explodes on impact);
- OAPs in temporary stand (discount, no coat and free double-strength cigs);
- Vapers and non-vertigo sufferers in North Bank upper (no discount).

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not managed to get on to the site recently, but I wanted to add this to the pensioner season ticket debate.

When I became an octogenarian in January this year, my pension increased by 25p per week. A whole twenty fine pence.

I would welcome suggestions on what I should spend it on.

A week later I received a letter from HMRC informing me my tax code had changed because of my increased income!!!

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe boring but about this time last year I used the season ticket prices to make an educated guess on the 2024-2025 prices. Just extrapolated the lines.

BW upper centre £880
BW wiiings £805
Steve Bull upper £755
Sir Jack Hayward £653

I couldn't do Stan Cullis at the time because I was missing some information. I didn't have the U21 or concessions data either.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe boring but about this time last year I used the season ticket prices to make an educated guess on the 2024-2025 prices. Just extrapolated the lines.

BW upper centre £880
BW wiiings £805
Steve Bull upper £755
Sir Jack Hayward £653

I couldn't do Stan Cullis at the time because I was missing some information. I didn't have the U21 or concessions data either.
The North and South Banks have always been the same price.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not managed to get on to the site recently, but I wanted to add this to the pensioner season ticket debate.

When I became an octogenarian in January this year, my pension increased by 25p per week. A whole twenty fine pence.

A week later I received a letter from HMRC informing me my tax code had changed because of my increased income!!!
Happy to be the bearer of good news the State Pension increases each April so you should have had some better news this month.

the genius

Reaction score

Maybe a freddo?

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talk that they're going up by more than 10%.

Don't know if that's everywhere or just certain stands.

Ridiculous if true but nothing will change until fans vote with their feet.

Will have to see if that is the hike, where my cut off point is l think.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a chance. Would love to hear the reasoning behind any increase.

Actually no I won't because it'll be bull**** about increase costs due to current climate that they're having to pass onto fans.

I mean whatever rubbish Shi spews out of his gob has pretty much been pure lies since that first 'morons of the roundtable' thing they did a few years ago

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a chance. Would love to hear the reasoning behind any increase.

Actually no I won't because it'll be bull**** about increase costs due to current climate that they're having to pass onto fans.
No doubt a number of fans will eat it up but you only have to look at the poor state of the ground and lack of investment in the squad to know that it's all *******s.

FOSUN are done and the well is dry, sooner fresh investment arrives the better.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every year at this time, this does my head in.
As usual at this time of the season, if the team are safe they seem to line up as if they are already on their jollies, like last night in a very winnable fixture.
Merit placing in the EPL: circa £3.1m per placing.
We drop places we give up games... £3.1m per placing... so the club spunk 2-3-4? placings in this jog in. £3.1m divide by £700 as an average cost of a ST equals 4,420 ish STs. On the years we get hit with a ST price hike because of reasons of this and that... yet these merits/placings seem to not matter.
One game, one placing can mean the same revenue as 4,420ish ST sales..
Jeff, please get them to try harder and then you might not have to put the begging bowl out to the fans at each ST renewal.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This Summer is going to be a good one if you're on the ST waiting list. Apart from the re-mortgage payments that is.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Sounds like leak a 12% rumour and when it's 6% we're all supposed to be grateful.

The fact that we appear to have sold 3k seats to non-STH last night shows what a joke the '10 thousand waiting list' is.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I’m on the waiting list and been to every home game but 1
Well if there's a 12% rise I'd be very optimistic if I was you! As you've demonstrated, you don't need a ST to get into games as it is, so it's hard to imagine there are 10k people who want to come to them all. Missing Nuno's first two seasons would have been awful, since then it's been very mixed!

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’ll be the same old **** of we need the fans to cough up more if we want to be competitive, but they weren’t willing to cough up themselves in January which has cost them more than they will gain by putting prices up. Scandalous if they’re putting prices up over 10% after what they’ve done this season.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a season ticket until 2020 and had to stop work to care for my wife who has dementia . Fosun are taking the pish. We also have one of the lowest wage bills in the prem and the smallest squads in the whole of the football league. How embarrassing is that. They should be ashamed. I'm done with it I'll watch it on the box.
Penny pinching ,pound foolish. Amateur hour.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Well if there's a 12% rise I'd be very optimistic if I was you! As you've demonstrated, you don't need a ST to get into games as it is, so it's hard to imagine there are 10k people who want to come to them all. Missing Nuno's first two seasons would have been awful, since then it's been very mixed!
The point is that people on the waiting lists come to games and whilst it’s not difficult to get tickets for each home match there’s still an average waiting time of 4/5 years for season tickets

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bet they're fuming that we can't win a game for toffee at the minute.

They'll be waiting for Luton as the last chance. Beat them, stick the price increase up. Oh how easy it would've been for Jeff if he could send the news out as we all prepared for Wembley if we'd have beaten Coventry.

The number of people saying they'll pack it in on social media is incredible. I'm hoping this might be the one time that we can pull together, but Ercall's comment last night was a reminder of just how hard it is.

When the news is announced, don't forget we really have the power. If we do all join forces, an increase will not happen.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
where were the 4-5k waiting list last night? It doesn't take much of a drop off in performances to change loyalty.

A new season ticket holder is alot less likely to renew than someone coming for 15 years

Back
Top Bottom