Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Season ticket prices 24/25

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guessing we're going to hear soon about it's been a fabulous season and Gary is the saviour, but we need to back him, so we all need to dig a little deeper. Even though every extra £1 a game on a ST contributes about £400k to a turnover of £170m.
Amazes me that people still think that increased ticket prices make a significant difference to the transfer budget.

A £60 increase for season ticket holders would just about cover another Luke Matheson or alternatively pay Sarabia for a couple of months.

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Amazes me that people still think that increased ticket prices make a significant difference to the transfer budget.

A £60 increase for season ticket holders would just about cover another Luke Matheson or alternatively pay Sarabia for a couple of months.
Electricity bill needs paying ;)

Nige

Reaction score
They should consider doing so, or at least target it more effectively at those who actually need it. You've got younger people who are paying ever extortionate rents after years of high inflation hitting their wages while many pensioners own assets (i.e. homes) worth hundreds of thousands with both a state and private pension to help support.

Help those who need it, but the club shouldn't be subsiding those pensioners who are quite frankly in a much better financial situation than a lot of working-age people who are expected to pay full price.
Ouch !! That Hurt. Lets not forget there are a lot of poor pensioners out there. Also those increases in rents due to high inflation would also of effected them years ago.. Remember every Generation is given the same treatment by our Elites

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It wouldn’t just be season tickets and match day tickets though, would it.

Probably an extra £1 for a pint, extra 50p for a pie, 10p for Bovril and 20p for a packet of crisps. All prices will increase at the kiosks.

Prices in Sir Jacks restaurant will probably increase as well.

It all helps!

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least Forest have communicated their prices/reasoning via a press release - I'm fairly sure we just (for the last two seasons) send out the renewal emails and dont comment on the increased rates. At least thats what seemed to be our tactic under Vinny Clark. Thank god we have cut ties with him now*.

*Apart from handing Levy, the company where he is CEO all our sports merchandising, as well as the hospitality they already do at Wolves.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not similar. Just not such a large difference.

I swear some season ticket holders consider themselves martyrs. You get a guaranteed ticket and you get first choice of where you sit. That plus something like a 10% reduction wouldn’t be unfair. IMO anyway.

Currently if someone who has bought a membership only goes to one game, sits in the central part of the BW, isn’t a child or an OAP, the game they go to happens to be considered a category A game… they pay over £100 I think.
What’s a south bank season ticket holder pay per game? £23 is it?..
haha try £33

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re your last line, South bank season holders pay over £32 a game.

haha try £33
Ah, don’t know where I got 23 from. Maybe that was a few years ago… or the GH stand.

30 ish seems ok. If I were a south bank season ticket holder I’d start to resent it if it went over 35.
I’m not trying to argue season tickets are cheap, more that the extra they stick on for a membership and match by match ticket price is becoming too much.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah, don’t know where I got 23 from. Maybe that was a few years ago… or the GH stand.

30 ish seems ok. If I were a south bank season ticket holder I’d start to resent it if it went over 35.
I’m not trying to argue season tickets are cheap, more that the extra they stick on for a membership and match by match ticket price is becoming too much.
i don’t think it’s a bad price, and we can’t expect prices to stand still.
similarly it shows the need for the club to generate income in alternative ways

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If FOSUN were really that bothered about growing our matchday revenue they'd get on with knocking the Steve Bull and building a new stand with much more corporate facilities that they could charge top £ for.

But they're not, just seems like they're content bleeding the current fanbase dry for every penny. This is problematic as it won't grow the fanbase long term, without a capacity increase kids will continue to be unable to get a season ticket and will simply grow up to support other clubs.

For example, I know a few kids in my local U7s team who I help coach that have been going with one of the parents down the Albion recently, because they can get tickets. Odds are, they'll either grow up to support them or another side, but it won't be Wolves in any case despite living in the local area.

And in any case, there will come a point where they've sucked the maximum money they can put of the current fanbase they've got. Once again, without stadium expansion, this is all pretty pointless. All you'll get is a ****ed off fanbase for an insignificant increase in revenue in the short term.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
If FOSUN were really that bothered about growing our matchday revenue they'd get on with knocking the Steve Bull and building a new stand with much more corporate facilities that they could charge top £ for.

But they're not, just seems like they're content bleeding the current fanbase dry for every penny. This is problematic as it won't grow the fanbase long term, without a capacity increase kids will continue to be unable to get a season ticket and will simply grow up to support other clubs.

For example, I know a few kids in my local U7s team who I help coach that have been going with one of the parents down the Albion recently, because they can get tickets. Odds are, they'll either grow up to support them or another side, but it won't be Wolves in any case despite living in the local area.

And in any case, there will come a point where they've sucked the maximum money they can put of the current fanbase they've got. Once again, without stadium expansion, this is all pretty pointless. All you'll get is a ****ed off fanbase for an insignificant increase in revenue in the short term.
And that’s the conundrum. We’ve yearned for a sustained period in the promised land for a long time and now we’re here tickets are in demand.

Yet we drop into the Championship and supply suddenly outstrips demand.

To stay where we are we have to invest in the team first. We know what happened before when we put the ground first.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Klopps last home game those tickets will go for ridiculous amounts. Mind if any of ours sell to a dipper they should be banned for life.

Might be on my own but....
Sorry but for one game I would fleece the Bin dippers, £30 a ticket and sell for over 2K. pays for my season ticket for next 2/3 seasons. Plus they would be surrounded by wolves fans and Hear that Man City have won the league.

Banks's Mild

Groupie
Reaction score
My bad. To be fair I don’t think the club should be changing for a membership in the first place it seems like a blatant money grab and you can’t keep your place on the season ticket list without one.
Trouble is how many fans from other clubs like L'pool, Utd etc would become members just to get a ticket when we played them if it was free. You get a few in anyway but would be loads more for those games if that was the case. Plus by charging it presumably gives the club an idea of the level of support over and above season ticket holders as by purchasing one you are preusmably intent on going to a few games at least.
If I gave up my season ticket I would always have a membership to go to a few games a season and don't actually think the membership price is a massive issue but do think the individual match tickets are very much over priced even allowing for the ticket cash added back ( I assume that is still the case )

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trouble is how many fans from other clubs like L'pool, Utd etc would become members just to get a ticket when we played them if it was free. You get a few in anyway but would be loads more for those games if that was the case. Plus by charging it presumably gives the club an idea of the level of support over and above season ticket holders as by purchasing one you are preusmably intent on going to a few games at least.
If I gave up my season ticket I would always have a membership to go to a few games a season and don't actually think the membership price is a massive issue but do think the individual match tickets are very much over priced even allowing for the ticket cash added back ( I assume that is still the case )
For those games you’d sell to fans with a previous purchase history.

NSWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
As a member who only misses the odd home game, the initial membership price seems to be mostly covered by the cashback eg my C Palace ticket price reduced by over £5. Done this several times this season. Don't want away fans getting free membership cards.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think supporters of the likes of Liverpool or Man Utd would be foolish enough, as their "best thing since sliced bread" status in the media would be tarnished.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not similar. Just not such a large difference.

I swear some season ticket holders consider themselves martyrs. You get a guaranteed ticket and you get first choice of where you sit. That plus something like a 10% reduction wouldn’t be unfair. IMO anyway.

Currently if someone who has bought a membership only goes to one game, sits in the central part of the BW, isn’t a child or an OAP, the game they go to happens to be considered a category A game… they pay over £100 I think.
What’s a south bank season ticket holder pay per game? £23 is it?..
I think it's about £32 a match in the south bank.

Don't think it's been £23 since the championship.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play to those who renew and fair play to those who don’t I totally get it

We are still the pack ay we

Got rid of mine last summer, pained me to do it. But the travel cost up from Surrey, plus I’m now tied into an astronomically high Liz-Truss madness mortgage meant something had to give.

As a ‘millennial’ can I also add to the OAP debate that I think the discounts should be means tested not just based on how old you are :laughing:

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it's about £32 a match in the south bank.

Don't think it's been £23 since the championship.
Can remember when it was £3 cash on the turnstile. Different days. Ground facilities now much better and the games changed somewhat since the early 80s, tough even allowing or that and inflation it feels like it was better value for money back then

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can remember when it was £3 cash on the turnstile. Different days. Ground facilities now much better and the games changed somewhat since the early 80s, tough even allowing or that and inflation it feels like it was better value for money back then
I'm sure I'm not alone in missing standing on the South Bank.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not alone in missing standing on the South Bank.
I do miss it, though I don’t think I’d want to go back to how the south bank was back then, proper standing in an up to date ground yes.

bigwolf

Reaction score
haha try £33

My view is £33 per game represents excellent value.

Watching regular football in a league that has the best quality in the world for that price is very good.

I accept that for some it's a stretch and paying for a family it can really add up.

But on a single ticket basis £70 a month for two games represents just 3% of the average net salary in the UK of £2.3k.

I watched Liam Gallagher and John Squires at the Civic last month and it cost about £80 I think for 45 mins. Don't get me wrong it was great but comparatively it's far more expensive.

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As an OAP with a season ticket in the Upper Steve Bull, I would like to throw my three peneth into the debate.

My starting salary as a secondary teacher in 1965 was £710 per year which after stoppages left me in the region of £50 per month. Mortgage lenders would lend you two and a half times your salary. So approximately £1750. My first bungalow cost me £4100.00 and the mortgage payment was £26.00 a month. I had to save £2350 in order to purchase it.

We didn't have mobile phones to purchase or Sky to pay for and my car was kept going with spares from the scrap yard.

Take the mortgage payment of your monthly take home pay and. It didn't leave a great amount to live on, but we managed.

It is all relative I know but we OAPs have earned the right for a little perk now and then. We don't get a free TV licence by the way. While a meal out and a pint cost the same as my kids are charged. Petrol and electricity, water rates and community charge are also the same.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might be on my own but....
Sorry but for one game I would fleece the Bin dippers, £30 a ticket and sell for over 2K. pays for my season ticket for next 2/3 seasons. Plus they would be surrounded by wolves fans and Hear that Man City have won the league.
It might well not be for one game though.... If the person you sell to gets in bother you can kiss goodbye for good to that ST or indeed any tickets at Molineux.

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If you want me to answer that I will. I worked till I was 74, not in teaching I might add. After thirty years at the chalk face I left the profession and went truck driving. I had a LGV licence when I was teaching and spent holidays working. I used to European work mainly.

I paid my stamp and my income tax, never on the dole or sponging of the state and I think I have earned my retirement as an octogenarian.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you want me to answer that I will. I worked till I was 74, not in teaching I might add. After thirty years at the chalk face I left the profession and went truck driving. I had a LGV licence when I was teaching and spent holidays working. I used to European work mainly.

I paid my stamp and my income tax, never on the dole or sponging of the state and I think I have earned my retirement as an octogenarian.
I'm not asking for your life choices, I'm just asking why you expect to recieve a discount/perks because you've done what the population is expected to do?

Surely any discounts should be based on income, not because of your age? Fair play for working past your retirement age, by the time I retire the state pension will be a thing of the past, although I too will have payed my taxes/ stamp all my life.

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm not asking for your life choices, I'm just asking why you expect to recieve a discount/perks because you've done what the population is expected to do?

Surely any discounts should be based on income, not because of your age? Fair play for working past your retirement age, by the time I retire the state pension will be a thing of the past, although I too will have payed my taxes/ stamp all my life.
I have a reasonable pension from teaching and a state pension as well. I can't complain about that, however, you have to manage on that and cut your cloth accordingly. No chance of extra earnings, eg. Overtime or cash in hand jobs.

As a school boy I cycled from Stafford to every home match, and to some away games, nearly getting thrown into the Trent with my bike at Nottingham.

As for disposable income, if us OAPs had to pay full price many including myself could not afford it. It would be a kick in the teeth after all these years.

Travel is not getting any cheaper and my cycling days are long over.

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have a reasonable pension from teaching and a state pension as well. I can't complain about that, however, you have to manage on that and cut your cloth accordingly. No chance of extra earnings, eg. Overtime or cash in hand jobs.

As a school boy I cycled from Stafford to every home match, and to some away games, nearly getting thrown into the Trent with my bike at Nottingham.

As for disposable income, if us OAPs had to pay full price many including myself could not afford it. It would be a kick in the teeth after all these years.

Travel is not getting any cheaper and my cycling days are long over.
Ps we have a bus to Uttoxeter on a Wednesday so that rules out getting to Molineux on Saturdays , and I don't possess a bus pass

Back
Top Bottom