Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ait Nouri (Don't sell)

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s our best player and, sadly, is probably one that we’ve got minimal chance of keeping hold of in the summer - especially if Neto’s injuries this season mean that we don’t get an offer anywhere near our valuation.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry if I've missed this somewhere else but a bit alarmed to see on the BBC site that Man City have 'opened talks with Wolves over the possible signing of RAN'. I just hope this is gossip but you have to think he'd be ideal in the City side; he's made to play for Pep. This is going to be an anxious summer as all out top players will be linked with moves away. To give GON a chance next season imo we need to hold on to RAN, Gomes, Cunha and Neto.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Sorry if I've missed this somewhere else but a bit alarmed to see on the BBC site that Man City have 'opened talks with Wolves over the possible signing of RAN'. I just hope this is gossip but you have to think he'd be ideal in the City side; he's made to play for Pep. This is going to be an anxious summer as all out top players will be linked with moves away. To give GON a chance next season imo we need to hold on to RAN, Gomes, Cunha and Neto.
Summer is coming mate, rumours going to be going round. Neto and Ait-Nouri to Man City would be thick end of £150m to rebuild the squad. Love them both, but hard to turn down.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto, not too bothered about as I think his injuries will knock any deal on the head this summer. I can't remember a better attacking FB at Wolves in decades tbh. He's irreplaceable. Cunha too, possibly Gomes too. I know GON has the ability to bring players on but even with money in the bank from some big sales it may/will end up as a consolidation season as the new players/team bed in. If possible I'd rather keep the present side together and raise funds by selling all the loanees + 1 or 2 others.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Summer is coming mate, rumours going to be going round. Neto and Ait-Nouri to Man City would be thick end of £150m to rebuild the squad. Love them both, but hard to turn down.
£150m would be great business IF we can keep O'Neil. That will only happen if he's given sufficient funds from these potential sales.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£150m would be great business IF we can keep O'Neil. That will only happen if he's given sufficient funds from these potential sales.
I know I might be dreaming but surely if we could keep our big hitters and raise funds from other sources we would not need to spend so much reinforcing a stronger team?

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Clubs of our standing have no choice now. The FFP rules everybody is celebrating means clubs like ours have to sell valuable assets.

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
Thing is with Neto he seems very injury prone, performs magnificently for half a season if not slightly less then becomes not available!

If another “bigger” club came in for him with a larger squad to rotate then 35-40mil would represent a good deal I reckon?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need to keep RAN for another season. You can afford to be losing him and Neto in the summer when will be having to bring in more players as it is for a bigger squad and then having to replace players like them on top. I could live with Neto leaving but RAN as well I am really uncomfortable about. You cant be letting too many of your best players go in one fell swoop.

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
Might be a joke but that’s all both Ran and Neto would realise financially in the current climate, stick or twist?

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would not be surprised to see Neto stay a bit longer, maybe until Jan as clubs might want to see how he has recovered from injury.
RAN, sadly i think will have clubs queuing up for him, he is our most saleable asset by a long way. I can also see Kilman, Semedo and Sa leaving; they have all been here a while now and are at the peak of their value and at the right time to sell compared to remaining contract length.
Big summer for Hobbs and hopefully we can invest wisely with the income from those 4 plus several of our loanees.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spot on there really do need to keep said players

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spot on there really do need to keep said players

With RAN, we have Hugo Bueno who is also good enough and under contract til 2028, then we bring in a good young player at a good price and nurture him too.

We don't have the same quality replacement for Gomes or Cunha's position.
RAN is the most saleable asset given Neto's injuries, and if it's Man City we need to get a lot out of them. We bought him for 10mil, sell him for 40 after 3 years and that's the sort of business we just have no option but to do now.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With RAN, we have Hugo Bueno who is also good enough and under contract til 2028, then we bring in a good young player at a good price and nurture him too.

RAN is the most saleable asset given Neto's injuries, and if it's Man City we need to get a lot out of them. We bought him for 10mil, sell him for 40 after 3 years and that's the sort of business we just have no option but to do now.
How about we keep our best players, bring in the 2-3 players the squad needs to last the season. And go for a season of glory.

Then review the situation.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How about we keep our best players, bring in the 2-3 players the squad needs to last the season. And go for a season of glory.

I don't run the accounts..we'll have to wait and see i guess !

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RAN to PSG? Had been heavily linked before?

Neto £40m is low, but injuries and sizeable add ons (games, success, sale) may be reasonable.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think you're just following the party line. There must be other options rather than selling RAN, Neto and Cunha. These are the 3 GON must build his 'new' team around next season. If we have to sell say Hwang, Kilman and H Bueno to keep these 3 so be it. GON has shown what he can do but he needs the tools to do the job; if every summer we produce 2 or 3 players that we have to sell what's the ****ing point?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Except our actual profit would be £20M as we have to pay his former club £10M

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
unfortunately if the opportunity appears to play for a bigger club going for trophies players will want to move, all we can do is get as much money as possible.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know I might be dreaming but surely if we could keep our big hitters and raise funds from other sources we would not need to spend so much reinforcing a stronger team?
Apparently we budgeted to finish 17th this season, but It looks like we could finish 13th.

There is a £2.8 million difference for every place we finish higher than 17th, so that could mean £11.2 million added to the coffers.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently we budgeted to finish 17th this season, but It looks like we could finish 13th.

There is a £2.8 million difference for every place we finish higher than 17th, so that could mean £11.2 million added to the coffers.
My wife uses the same logic to justify her shopping purchases. She says 'it costs £200, but I got it in a sale for £150, so I have £50 left to spend'.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Reading Citeh forum, they mainly seem less than enthusiastic about a potential RAN signing, particularly for £60 million. If (stress the word) we can keep hold of him, Cunha & Gomes, good times lie ahead for next season, surely.

Pete

Groupie
Reaction score
I think that prices will be lower alround due to FFP so we should get paid less but will have to pay less. It all depends on what GON and Hobbs want to do, stick with the squad or try to improve it.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I think that prices will be lower alround due to FFP so we should get paid less but will have to pay less. It all depends on what GON and Hobbs want to do, stick with the squad or try to improve it.
This is the false dichotomy we need to understand I think. We can't simply keep the players we have (talented by thin on numbers) and add numbers, we don't have the cash. We can't sell all our talented players and expect to buy a new team to replace them. So, as Hobbs has intimated, it's about making one or two judicious sales, buying maybe five or six key good squad players and spreading the load while not losing the real threat.

I'd say in decades we hardly lost a player that upset me, Keane, Lescott, Jarvis you could count them on one hand, now we have to get used to not falling too deeply in love (not Neves obviously, he'll always have a special place in my heart!).

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the false dichotomy we need to understand I think. We can't simply keep the players we have (talented by thin on numbers) and add numbers, we don't have the cash. We can't sell all our talented players and expect to buy a new team to replace them. So, as Hobbs has intimated, it's about making one or two judicious sales, buying maybe five or six key good squad players and spreading the load while not losing the real threat.

I'd say in decades we hardly lost a player that upset me, Keane, Lescott, Jarvis you could count them on one hand, now we have to get used to not falling too deeply in love (not Neves obviously, he'll always have a special place in my heart!).
Agree also need to learn from the past, negligible return on Traore and Raul if we had sold at their peak at least £70M plus the dross we wasted money on. Some of our best additions cost very little in comparison for managers and players 3-5 year cycles.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My wife uses the same logic to justify her shopping purchases. She says 'it costs £200, but I got it in a sale for £150, so I have £50 left to spend'.
That sums us up as a club atm, YGRWI.

Shopping at Lidl, when we should be shopping at Waitrose, lol.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The players (& their Agents) will also have a big say.
If a big club come calling (& offer more money and a better chance of silverware) then we will have to let go and do what we can to extract the best deal for them.
It is just the way it is.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rinse City for all we can on this one; RAN couldn’t be a more perfect fit for them. I genuinely don’t think there’s a better left back/left wing back in the league.

Back
Top Bottom