Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matheus Cunha

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not baiting when I say this, but I think he's the most talented player we've had in this era.

I genuinely think Cunha could explode next season if we sign a quality striker that can complement his style of play, i.e. a strong, dynamic forward that excels with interplay. I think that's the type of striker GON wants. It should have been Gyokeres but hopefully we can identify something similar in the summer.

LW - Cunha/Bellegarde
ST - New ST/Hwang
RW - Neto/Sarabia

Boulaye Dia on a cut-price deal after their relegation would be nice, something tells me Salernitana won't pick up the phone though after the recent fiasco (player refusing to play now)...

Georginio Rutter from Leeds if they bottle promotion would fit us very well. 21 year old striker that links play very well, hasn't scored a great deal but has 15 assists and generally leads the line very well. They paid £30m for him last January, so they'd expect to recoup a similar fee so could be out of our price range, but no chance he wants to play in the Championship for another year so could force the issue.

If we want a "ready-made" option that would have minimal resale value, En-Nesyri has one year left on his contract at Sevilla... I don't think there will be a better time for us to try and make that move. Imagine him in the middle with Cunha and Neto supplying!

loppers86

Reaction score
would say him and neto jota and jimenez are in the top 25.

With neves the highest up the list from the modern crop
i would say Cunha is closing in on Neto and Jota now.

I said before he’d be playing in the knockout stages of CL and a regular starter for Brazil within three years.

I was wrong, it will be within two.

Additionally, he is a fantastic character, always cheerful, loves the club and his goal celebrations really wind up the opponents.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looks good (he looks good)
He looks fine (he looks fine)
Matheus Cunha’s on my mind
And he’s scoring all the time
Singing oh a diddy diddy dum diddy do
Scoring past the Albion, scoring number 2

He looks good………..
Please tell.m me this is an original for us for once.

Absolutely love it!

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know we need to sell a big player but, please, don’t let it be Cunha.
I think he's the least likely.

He clearly loves it here, and is still reasonably new to the club.
He cost us over £40m so from a PSR pov would need to be a huge fee
He hasn't expressed a wish to move elsewhere, whereas Neto has made some overtures to the press already

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He hasn't expressed a wish to move elsewhere, whereas Neto has made some overtures to the press already
That’s a really good point reference the fee.

Both him, Gomes and Lemina have only been here just over 12 months.

Neto will go 100% and it’s RAN who we will really have to fight to keep. I expect massive bids for him from big clubs.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s a really good point reference the fee.

Both him, Gomes and Lemina have only been here just over 12 months.

Neto will go 100% and it’s RAN who we will really have to fight to keep. I expect massive bids for him from big clubs.
I think Neto will push to go, and given his injury issues it might not be a bad deal all round. I would hope for £60m, but realistically only in increments and incentives. I don't think there's as much money around as previous seasons, so the market is much reduced. His injuries will inevitably put teams off too.

I don't think RAN will necessarily push to go, but everyone has a price. North of £45m would turn our heads I feel.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Neto will push to go, and given his injury issues it might not be a bad deal all round. I would hope for £60m, but realistically only in increments and incentives. I don't think there's as much money around as previous seasons, so the market is much reduced. His injuries will inevitably put teams off too.

I don't think RAN will necessarily push to go, but everyone has a price. North of £45m would turn our heads I feel.
The big clubs can afford him. Salah will go to Saudi for £100m plus and Arsenal will be coining it after a successful season in PL and champions league. £60 million over 6 seasons should keep them within FFP limits too.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

After the goal yesterday I think all the big clubs will be looking at him. Neto won't go until he can prove he can play for a sustained period without injury. If Neto is said to be worth £60 mil, Cunha must be about the same imo. Cunha is irreplaceable for the money we have.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agree re Neto, we don't have the luxury of a talented bench like top clubs have got. We need our best XI largely available, barring the odd injury that is to be expected in a season. Simply, we can't afford to carry a player of Neto's potential value when he's only available 50% of a season on average.

He'll do well as a rotational option for someone like Arsenal or City, but we need someone more reliable, even if they're bound to be of a lower quality. Plus, such a big fee would allow us to strengthen our squad as a whole.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After the goal yesterday I think all the big clubs will be looking at him. Neto won't go until he can prove he can play for a sustained period without injury. If Neto is said to be worth £60 mil, Cunha must be about the same imo. Cunha is irreplaceable for the money we have.
i don’t think it’s as simple as one goal will all of a sudden make clubs sit up and look at him.
The fee we paid for Cunha means the fee we need to be higher for it to be worthwhile than compared to Neto.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree re Neto, we don't have the luxury of a talented bench like top clubs have got. We need our best XI largely available, barring the odd injury that is to be expected in a season. Simply, we can't afford to carry a player of Neto's potential value when he's only available 50% of a season on average.

He'll do well as a rotational option for someone like Arsenal or City, but we need someone more reliable, even if they're bound to be of a lower quality. Plus, such a big fee would allow us to strengthen our squad as a whole.
absolutely this.

Lawndog

Reaction score
Don't know if it's already been mentioned but Cuhna has now scored 5 in his last 3 'starts'..........admittedly his goals were vs only Chelsea and forest, lmao, but......

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine Neto Cuhna and a peak Raul! I would love a Solanke/Wilson signing this summer, I’ve said it before we are a centre forward abd an centre half away from Villa, truly we are.
Probably a couple more depth wise but not that far off its true
We need the right sort of CF though
Its no good having a Haaland type,although i would take him lol,we need one that works hard on and off the ball
We already have Sarabia, and Neto for that matter, who are great with the ball but idle with out it
Hardly ever seen a challenge from either,and we are not good enough to carry show ponies

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably a couple more depth wise but not that far off its true
We need the right sort of CF though
Its no good having a Haaland type,although i would take him lol,we need one that works hard on and off the ball
We already have Sarabia, and Neto for that matter, who are great with the ball but idle with out it
Hardly ever seen a challenge from either,and we are not good enough to carry show ponies
Both Sarabia and Neto work their *******s off, especially Neto.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both Sarabia and Neto work their *******s off, especially Neto.
No they dont
If you watched the game at the weekend is that what you call working from Sarabia?
Neto does a bit more but very rarely covers for Semedo
They are both great on the ball and do a lot of running up front i agree,but in todays game the forwards are expected to drop deep when needed to,not stand around waving their arms around
I love Neto and like Sarabia but neither cover their wing backs with much intent
We can probably get away with it with Neto as his pace when fit is a huge asset,Sarabia not so much
So a CF that does the same is not what we want or can get away with

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He reminds me of Thierry Henri. Has that same stride, all the time in the world and is beginning to look like scoring every time he plays.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He reminds me of Thierry Henri. Has that same stride, all the time in the world and is beginning to look like scoring every time he plays.
The only thing missing from Cunha previously was finishing. If he develops that too, and he seems well on the way, he is the real deal. Those of us who urged patience are well and truly vindicated.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I dont think Neto's injuries are the issue people make out to be, but i dont disagree its going to affect his value. Until this season, i wouldnt say his injuries have been a result of his body breaking down. One was just a poorly managed injury that got worse, the other was caused by a bad tackle.

This season, you could argue we simply overplayed him after his first hamstring injury. He was asking to come off in the United game because he wasnt feeling right and GON refused to sub him. Then he pulled up a couple of times in the following games ( twice iirc in the Brighton game ) before he succumed to another hamstring injury in the Fulham game.

Its pretty obvious to me when you look at our injury issues its players being run into the ground. Neto at a Man City wont have that issue because he wont be playing all game, every game like he does here. I reckon he will leave us cheaper than he is probably worth and somebody is getting a bargain because he will be able to be managed better.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Sorry if I've missed this, but why is he out, reaction to his hamstring, separate injury, God hates us?

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love his interviews, a big grin on his face and a gigantic word salad comes out. No clue what he's on about but love it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom