Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Teams Who Can’t Catch Us 23/24

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Burnley still got a game against Sheff U, so we already can't finish bottom!
True but we still cant name a team that mathematically cant catch us can we lol
We know the bottom 4 almost certainly wont catch us,but thats not the name of the thread
I dont think we will finish any lower than 13th but rest is up for grabs

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So….I think we can only be relegated by goal difference now….for that to happen.

Luton must win all 6 games - takes them to 43 points.

Forest must win all 6 games - takes them to 43 points.

In winning those 12 games Luton will have beaten Everton and Brentford and Forest will have beaten Everton.

This means that Everton and Brentford can only reach 44 points if they win their remaining 5 games each.

….but…..Everton and Brentford have to play each other. If either win then the loser would drop to 41 points. So if they draw then both can reach 42 points - and if we lose our remaining games then it would go down to goal difference!

So, to go down we’d need 25 results as follows…

- Luton to win 6 games (including against Brentford, Everton and Wolves)
- Forest to win 6 games (including against Everton and Wolves)
- Brentford to win remaining 4 and draw vs Everton
- Everton to win remaining 4 and draw vs Brentford
- Wolves to lose remaining 4 games (in addition to Luton and Forest above).

The above assumes no further points deduction for Everton (or were already safe) and no successful appeal from Everton or Forest from points deduction.

Yes - I need to get a life….

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So….I think we can only be relegated by goal difference now….for that to happen.

In winning those 12 games Luton will have beaten Everton and Brentford and Forest will have beaten Everton.

This means that Everton and Brentford can only reach 44 points if they win their remaining 5 games each.

….but…..Everton and Brentford have to play each other. If either win then the loser would drop to 41 points. So if they draw then both can reach 42 points - and if we lose our remaining games then it would go down to goal difference!

The above assumes no further points deduction for Everton (or were already safe) and no successful appeal from Everton or Forest from points deduction.

One of my all time favourite characters in any comedy was Sir Humphrey Appleby from Yes Minster. Before going off into some superb but incomprehensible description of how the Civil Service / Government worked he would often say " It's very simple Minister ! " Your superb theory that must have taken a good while to work out immediately reminded me of Sir Humphrey :):):)

Lawndog

Reaction score
One of my all time favourite characters in any comedy was Sir Humphrey Appleby from Yes Minster. Before going off into some superb but incomprehensible description of how the Civil Service / Government worked he would often say " It's very simple Minister ! " Your superb theory that must have taken a good while to work out immediately reminded me of Sir Humphrey :):):)
Brilliant, Norman!!!!!

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Now safe from relegation (st points appeal)

zedkiel60

Groupie
Reaction score
Luton are at Man City on Saturday, i'm pretty confident we/ll be safe by 17.00hrs :sunglasses:

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

do you do the times crossword :)

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£3.1m per place. Beat Palace and we are at least 13th. Really feel we should be ahead of Fulham and Bournemouth but for VAR (I know we’d be 6th with correct VAR call) but 10th/11th feels reasonable to me for season.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every place better than 17th should go straight to GON’s transfer fund
£9.3m ahead of schedule (minimum), presumably there are bonuses which will eat into that amount but feels like £6-7m gain vs expected. Covers buying Doyle.

In reality who we sell (and when in window) will dictate the opportunity with the budget.

Still expecting 2 of the following 5 to go (no insight!).
Neto - £40m (plus add-ons)
RAN - £50m
Semedo - £15m
Gomes -£35m (plus add-ons)
Sa - £15m
Kilman - £35m

Plus fringe players
Guedes, Podence -£10m

And risk of a Cunha, Hwang, Lemina having heads turned.

Gut feel - bring in £100m and spend £60-70m possibly some money left for Jan and for stand (either Steve Bull or second temp stand) and to keep us in a positive position for future investment.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£9.3m ahead of schedule (minimum), presumably there are bonuses which will eat into that amount but feels like £6-7m gain vs expected. Covers buying Doyle.

In reality who we sell (and when in window) will dictate the opportunity with the budget.

Still expecting 2 of the following 5 to go (no insight!).
Neto - £40m (plus add-ons)
RAN - £50m
Semedo - £15m
Gomes -£35m (plus add-ons)
Sa - £15m
Kilman - £35m

Plus fringe players
Guedes, Podence -£10m

And risk of a Cunha, Hwang, Lemina having heads turned.

Gut feel - bring in £100m and spend £60-70m possibly some money left for Jan and for stand (either Steve Bull or second temp stand) and to keep us in a positive position for future investment.
Reading quickly, I thought who on earth is this Jan. Hadn't seen him mentioned previously.

Back
Top Bottom