Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think he’s said anything wrong tbh

I do because its things that should be said behind the scenes. Its not a good look imo to come out and say you want to stay where you are when your parent club has done their best by you.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking like we want a new keeper. Goodbye Jose?
Maybe, sounds like there was interest in Sa, potentially from Saudi.

Plus, it's a bit of an issue having a GK who can't kick or command his box. Okay, good shot stopper but he's useless at pretty much everything else. A better all rounded GK would suit us more.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yerson is just saying what you would expect him to say really.....BUT it was always potentially going to happen if he did well at villareal....I said it when he went there , there was always the chance he might do well and enjoy it....they are a decent club..rather than a dead end loan at somewhere like Preston or Hull which some wanted to send him on.

It's a decent situation either way really....he comes back and plays well or we cash in ....cashing in was part of the whole point in signing him......we just need to add a big sell on if he goes....

In some ways if villareal offered us 30m for Yerson and Guedes and we could get two forwards it might not be a bad thing....it was probably always a possibility......Villareal sold a lot of players last summer and it would suprise me if Jorge was aware they might spend a bit , next summer....

I wont lose sleep over any of the players out on loan going ....if we strengthen the core group as a result..

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe, sounds like there was interest in Sa, potentially from Saudi.

Plus, it's a bit of an issue having a GK who can't kick or command his box. Okay, good shot stopper but he's useless at pretty much everything else. A better all rounded GK would suit us more.

Good offer for Sa he will go.. New contract protects his value. Maybe Mendes is working on it?

Rui Patricio out of contract this summer too lol. Doubt we would bring him back even as second choice. More likely forest. All rounded keepers are hard to find. Do we want to sign someone with no PL experience ?

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yerson is just saying what you would expect him to say really.....BUT it was always potentially going to happen if he did well at villareal....I said it when he went there , there was always the chance he might do well and enjoy it....they are a decent club..rather than a dead end loan at somewhere like Preston or Hull which some wanted to send him on.

It's a decent situation either way really....he comes back and plays well or we cash in ....cashing in was part of the whole point in signing him......we just need to add a big sell on if he goes....

In some ways if villareal offered us 30m for Yerson and Guedes and we could get two forwards it might not be a bad thing....it was probably always a possibility......Villareal sold a lot of players last summer and it would suprise me if Jorge was aware they might spend a bit , next summer....

I wont lose sleep over any of the players out on loan going ....if we strengthen the core group as a result..
Wouldn't surprise me if wolves would only entertain it with a package deal to take guedes off our hands with the sweetener of a good price on Yerson.
Otherwise I'll just take him back and he will start for us next season no doubt.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if wolves would only entertain it with a package deal to take guedes off our hands with the sweetener of a good price on Yerson.
Otherwise I'll just take him back and he will start for us next season no doubt.
I said that in January.,...in essence we might have to sacrifice Yerson to get rid of Guedes.....as I say it doesn't fuss me either way ....cause we will get a decent fee.......I can't get hung up on any of the loan players cause they haven't contributed.....they can all go for me and get 2/3 in who will contribute....

Obviously Yerson is slightly different...but if we have to sacrifice him to get a forward then so be it..

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im sure theres a lot of clubs interested in RAN Joao and Neto probably Kilman too
Interest is good,it means we have good players capable of making a step up
I would be more concerned if no one was interested in any of our players tbh
We dont have to sell after last summers fire sale, and a quiet January ,so we are well positioned to get top dollar if we do decide to let anyone go
Im sure one will go to boost the coffers and bring a few in,thats the way of things right now,and probably for the next couple of seasons till we get those big losses off the books

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Very dissapointing from him considering his injury issues and we have sent him on the right loan moves to rehabilitate him.

I'd be asking 15 million plus addons and no more loans now. He either knuckles down here and fights for his spot or we just dispose of him.
He hasn't said he wants a move, I read it as, if Wolves don't want him back he wants to stay there rather than being moved again.
Personally I'm not interested in keeping players if they're happy just taking the money and kicking their career down the road.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I do because its things that should be said behind the scenes. Its not a good look imo to come out and say you want to stay where you are when your parent club has done their best by you.
Interviews are pretty normal - if an interviewer asks if a loanee would like to stay, “I’d love to, but I’m committed to my parent club and they will decide” is the standard answer.

He can’t exactly say “**** no, this is a ****hole and I can’t wait to get back to wolves” can he?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
realistically che adams is probably being lined up, its likely we will or attempt to get rodrigo gomes, also talk of south american market and then a keeper.

What else i dont know will we see big player buys unlikely without the sales

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big bids come, they will leave while the club is operating self sufficiency.

Maybe we should use the Brazilian market more?
Being self sustaining doesn’t necessarily mean you have to sell everyone you get a half decent bid for…

We could bring back Mosquera and Chiquinho, then sign someone like Adams…. Then if we could move on a few unwanted players (Podence, Guedes, silva, maybe the likes of Hoever and Cundle) we would be in a position of being self sustaining (I imagine). The only way we NEED to sell the best players is if we want be able to spend relatively big too.

I’m not saying we won’t cash in if we get big bids, I just don’t believe we have to.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
he is an exception though, he believes he is a guru in every aspect of the game - this is why he had the confidence to put his money where his mouth is with Fabio Silva.

There is no coming back from that - Jeff Shi made the worst footballing decision in the history of the world, ever.
But he has ‘comeback’.
Just from memory, signings since Fabio that are currently in the first team; Cunha, Lemina, Sa, Dawson, Gomes, Toti, Semedo, Ran, Mosquera, Bellegarde, Hwang, Sarabia, Doyle, Booby…I’m sure there’s a few more but my mind has gone blank.
You need to start living in the now mate. Forgiveness is a beautiful quality.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good offer for Sa he will go.. New contract protects his value. Maybe Mendes is working on it?

Rui Patricio out of contract this summer too lol. Doubt we would bring him back even as second choice. More likely forest. All rounded keepers are hard to find. Do we want to sign someone with no PL experience ?
Neither Sa or Rui had Prem experience. In fact, if I remember correctly, there was plenty of pant soiling on here because Sa was supposed to be ****e.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interviews are pretty normal - if an interviewer asks if a loanee would like to stay, “I’d love to, but I’m committed to my parent club and they will decide” is the standard answer.

He can’t exactly say “**** no, this is a ****hole and I can’t wait to get back to wolves” can he?
Bang on. He won't have his heart set on Villarreal but he will be more than happy to stay there if the opportunity arises - if we want him to start for us next season then he will play for us next season. Imagine the uproar when Ruben was asked by Sky whether he wanted to stay at Wolves when we were promoted and he said that he's a Porto fan and would much rather live there than Wolverhampton!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bang on. He won't have his heart set on Villarreal but he will be more than happy to stay there if the opportunity arises - if we want him to start for us next season then he will play for us next season. Imagine the uproar when Ruben was asked by Sky whether he wanted to stay at Wolves when we were promoted and he said that he's a Porto fan and would much rather live there than Wolverhampton!
We said no hands off yerson already of course he wants to stay if hes wanted, but its the same here.

Hes in garys plans

Just hashes what keen says but you get the picture

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We said no hands off yerson already of course he wants to stay if hes wanted, but its the same here.

Hes in garys plans

Players often form over romanticised relationships to loan clubs they enjoy as they feel like the loan club wants them and needs them more than their parent club.

Look at how many talented youngsters leave good clubs where with patience they could break through to join their lower placed loan club.

Before I get critiqued for this opinion……

I was loaned out a few times in my rugby career early doors on dual registration and the loans, some where I went and trained a few times a week at my parent club and others where I didn’t go back at all.

There were times, when I wanted the chance to explore staying at the loan club longer….. as you grow to be really part of them when you don’t spend time at your parent club too. And you feel like the loan club want and need you more and that is an amazing feeling when at your parent club you are like 4th choice and still a little way from establishing yourself.

It is a weird feeling and thing to fully articulate being dyslexic, so hope this explains it slightly…..

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
probably an opinion which wouldnt be supported.

But if luton go down and with barkleys contract.

Ross barkley? on the cheap, provides another interesting midfield option and prevents lemina burn out

Definitely a Hobbs-type signing. Someone with Prem experience who has matured and is playing some of their best football.

Would happily take him as another option.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ross barkley? on the cheap, provides another interesting midfield option and prevents lemina burn out
On this seasons form a really good option if the price is right
Still has 3/4 good seasons left in him at 30 similar to Lemina style signing

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'm not against it.

Someone like Barkley would offer something different from our current crop too

Barkley, Lemina, Doyle, Gomes & Bouba would be cracking options in midfield.

Redrockwanderer

Reaction score
I'm not against it.

Watched Barkley on Saturday against Bmth. Seemed to stand out. Very strong in a challenge, quicker than I thought and controlled things in the middle of the park. Definately not against this

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watch Barkley on Saturday against Bmth. Seemed to stand out. Very strong in a challenge, quicker than I thought and control things in the middle of the park. Definately not against this
Barkley probably go back to the vile where wages aren’t an issue

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barkley was decent at Everton, but didn't set the world on fire at Chelsea or Villa (loan). Not sure about his time at Nice, but he wasn't there too long. He's looked good in a poor Luton side, however, he won't stay there, should they go down. He'll probably get several offers and will have a choice of where he ends up. But, some players just fit at certain clubs and I don't know whether Barkley would fit at Wolves (should we even be in for him).
I'm not against him, but over recent seasons, he's had more disappointing ones than good ones. Worth a punt? Wouldn't be on huge money at Kenilworth, but would he settle so well at Wolves as he's done at Luton?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barkley was decent at Everton, but didn't set the world on fire at Chelsea or Villa (loan). Not sure about his time at Nice, but he wasn't there too long. He's looked good in a poor Luton side, however, he won't stay there, should they go down. He'll probably get several offers and will have a choice of where he ends up. But, some players just fit at certain clubs and I don't know whether Barkley would fit at Wolves (should we even be in for him).
I'm not against him, but over recent seasons, he's had more disappointing ones than good ones. Worth a punt? Wouldn't be on huge money at Kenilworth, but would he settle so well at Wolves as he's done at Luton?
Free contract,

the one thing i know from luton friends, is he travels up from london , has a london base with his family and kids

loppers86

Reaction score
But he has ‘comeback’.
Just from memory, signings since Fabio that are currently in the first team; Cunha, Lemina, Sa, Dawson, Gomes, Toti, Semedo, Ran, Mosquera, Bellegarde, Hwang, Sarabia, Doyle, Booby…I’m sure there’s a few more but my mind has gone blank.
You need to start living in the now mate. Forgiveness is a beautiful quality.
having an attack is non-negotiable at all levels of football.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Id expect to see south american links again

Yuri continues to score for corinthians i wouldnt be surprised if we asked again
Yuri would be good business if it happens. Shame about his dodgy agents and ownership issues.

Joao Gomes will command good money. Will be hard to replace him if he does leave.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not against it.

What about the no ********* policy.? He'd fail that but he's a bloody good player of course.

Back
Top Bottom