Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be lucky to get a new corner flag unless we sell and then maybe push the boat out for a full selection of 4 flags.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ain’t he part of the experienced head leadership group
i think we will get a good back up keeper who we hope to become the number 1, in say 12 months...let them bed in....not just chuck them in....increasing the depth at the same time as having a eye on the future....you are no further forward if you just replace and get a big injury....Bentley has served a purpose but isn't good enough to compete with Sa ...never mind replace or cover..

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Jorgensen would have to be the Bentley replacement- surely we are all learning that football is now a squad game not just about having a first 11.

Sa is not great with his feet and prone to a brain fart but at least he can keep the ball out of the net- Bentley can't even do that. Sa needs some good quality competition- he just isn't good enough to be an undisputed no1. And Jorgensen is the right profile to slowly take over from him over a period of 2 or 3 years as he gets used to the League and Sa drops off.

Add in the fact he is already working daily with Mosquera and we have the Guedes card in our back pocket, means this one has a good feel to it.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unbelievable that you think someone who has been in a role for so long knows "nothing" about the sport.

He didn't make a judgement on players abilities... someone else did that and he made the decision it wasn't financially viable, or likely to work in our favour.
Surely Hobbs knows the budget .

Why is he not jjst giving Hobbs a budget and the final say with the manager?

Jeff’s input should purely be advising them what the budget is

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was because he didn't think Vinicius was any better than Fraser. 100% a decision based on judgement of a player.

I accept that this is all speculation, but the source is excellent.
I was quite happy to let your first post go without comment, as it at least had a whiff of possibility.
However, on this post I’m calling embellished bull****.
Even if I try and believe your post, it makes my head hurt.
Jeff does not make football decisions. I can imagine him saying something like ‘we can’t afford player X, can we get to the end of the season with the kids?’ But to imagine Gary O’Neill and Hobbs were sat in a room and Jeff said ‘we’re not signing Vinicius, because I think Fraser is better’ is absolutely preposterous. Honestly, I know there seems to be an audience on here for that sort of made up nonsense but it doesn’t mean you should post it.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Surely Hobbs knows the budget .

Why is he not jjst giving Hobbs a budget and the final say with the manager?

Jeff’s input should purely be advising them what the budget is
Shi doesn't know the budget until he heads to China for his end of year review in July. At that point Guo either gives him an additional transfer budget (ala 22/23) or they agree to make do (ala 23/24).

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was quite happy to let your first post go without comment, as it at least had a whiff of possibility.
However, on this post I’m calling embellished bull****.
Even if I try and believe your post, it makes my head hurt.
Jeff does not make football decisions. I can imagine him saying something like ‘we can’t afford player X, can we get to the end of the season with the kids?’ But to imagine Gary O’Neill and Hobbs were sat in a room and Jeff said ‘we’re not signing Vinicius, because I think Fraser is better’ is absolutely preposterous. Honestly, I know there seems to be an audience on here for that sort of made up nonsense but it doesn’t mean you should post it.
Didn’t Jeff say Fabio Silva was the best player in the world in his age group or something along those lines? It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if it was true, although I agree it seems far fetched!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The day that we rely on Jeff Shi's assessment of an individual player's football ability is the day that our club is in deep dog pooh.

Spending £35m on Fabio silva “the generational talent” when he was available for less the 10m the summer before shows he shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near the transfers of the club when it comes to how much we spend.

Or even have the ability to know what good or bad is…..

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t Jeff say Fabio Silva was the best player in the world in his age group or something along those lines? It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if it was true, although I agree it seems far fetched!

Has to be far fetched as he really wasn’t……

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lol…you seriously believe Jeff thought that all by himself? :tearsofjoy:

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that Jeff was the main reason behind us signing Fabio? Along with some nudging in the right direction by a certain agent.
Jeff was naive enough to believe someone I guess he trusted.

TelfordWolf

Reaction score

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Mosquera wanting to stay at Villarreal…

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This was what we thought would happen if he played well.

If he goes permanently I would ask for 15 million with 20% sell on clause. If he wants to go out on loan he needs to sign a 1 year extension (has two years left with us).

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like a 'play me or sell me'.

In fairness, if he's starting for Villarreal and playing well, that's a fair stance to have.

He should have the opportunity to play for us next season. If he's good enough for them, he's good enough for us.
Start him or sell him

loppers86

Reaction score
I can safely say Jeff Shi knows nothing about the qualities of players and the actual game of professional football. Most CEO's don't, he's no exception.
he is an exception though, he believes he is a guru in every aspect of the game - this is why he had the confidence to put his money where his mouth is with Fabio Silva.

There is no coming back from that - Jeff Shi made the worst footballing decision in the history of the world, ever.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Linked with Ndidi

We need someone who can cover lemina...he can't play at full pelt for 90 mins every week and remain at his best..bouba aye the man... Rodriguez is on a free transfer from Betis as well....been linked before...

Ndidi obviously ideal as well....

Last edited:

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Very dissapointing from him considering his injury issues and we have sent him on the right loan moves to rehabilitate him.

I'd be asking 15 million plus addons and no more loans now. He either knuckles down here and fights for his spot or we just dispose of him.
I don’t think he’s said anything wrong tbh

Back
Top Bottom