Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What shoould Wolves do next with Fabio Silva?

What should Wolves do next with Fabio Silva

• Sell Fabio for between 10 - 15 million with add-ons

Votes: 251 66.6%
  • Loan with an option to buy at 20 million

Votes: 27 7.2%
  • Dry loan to another club and assess in the summer

Votes: 31 8.2%
  • Keep Fabio at Wolves and use him in a meaningful way.

Votes: 51 13.5%
  • Other

Votes: 17 4.5%

• Total voters

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Hooked. He was rotten.
To be fair he’s not a left winger but he didn’t do himself any favours today on such a big stage rolling around at the slightest touch! I really believe he has talent and showed at Anderlecht and PSV that he can play at a decent level but for some reason he just isn’t kicking on like we had hoped/expected. Hard to defend him anymore unfortunately.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair he’s not a left winger but he didn’t do himself any favours today on such a big stage rolling around at the slightest touch! I really believe he has talent and showed at Anderlecht and PSV that he can play at a decent level but for some reason he just isn’t kicking on like we had hoped/expected. Hard to defend him anymore unfortunately.

But the Belgian and Dutch leagues standards are so low…… they are championship level leagues.

He has good one off games in the Europa, which shows there is a good player in there!!!!

He just rarely produces it with any consistency when the opposition are of a good standard that is getting closer to prem standard

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
But the Belgian and Dutch leagues standards are so low…… they are championship level leagues.

He has good one off games in the Europa, which shows there is a good player in there!!!!

He just rarely produces it with any consistency when the opposition are of a good standard that is getting closer to prem standard
Agreed mate. Now is the time to sell because we have shown just how much we need a Premier League ready centre forward and Fabio obviously isn’t that and also doesn’t seem to fit the profile of striker that GON likes. It’s a shame really as like most when we signed him I had massive hopes for him! Think uncle Jorge owes us at least one for this plus Nunes and Guedes!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed mate. Now is the time to sell because we have shown just how much we need a Premier League ready centre forward and Fabio obviously isn’t that and also doesn’t seem to fit the profile of striker that GON likes. It’s a shame really as like most when we signed him I had massive hopes for him! Think uncle Jorge owes us at least one for this plus Nunes and Guedes!

I think we did well out of Nunes….. so he gets a thumbs up from me on that. As so far, he hasn’t shown why he has nearly £100m in career transfer fees…… but we got good cash and Doyle out of the deal….. so I am happy here lol

Guedes and silva he owes us massively!! As FFP wise they have killed us!!!

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we did well out of Nunes….. so he gets a thumbs up from me on that. As so far, he hasn’t shown why he has nearly £100m in career transfer fees…… but we got good cash and Doyle out of the deal….. so I am happy here lol

Guedes and silva he owes us massively!! As FFP wise they have killed us!!!
Would be interesting to have a total of fees paid and fees received to Uncle Jorge vs non Jorge fees since Fosun took over. Suspect net positive (certainly so if Neto is sold).

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would be interesting to have a total of fees paid and fees received to Uncle Jorge vs non Jorge fees since Fosun took over. Suspect net positive (certainly so if Neto is sold).
You think Mendes had made us more money than cost us?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Slow mo, he was going down before he was touched. He's a cheat.

So he did what pretty much every professional footballer does and got a penalty out of it...

I'll never ever understand grown men going after a kid in the way you have relentlessly gone after Silva, hope you're proud of something and it's made you feel special in some way

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So he did what pretty much every professional footballer does and got a penalty out of it...

I'll never ever understand grown men going after a kid in the way you have relentlessly gone after Silva, hope you're proud of something and it's made you feel special in some way
Irish Wolf, therefore not a Rangers fan i would guess.

And yep, you’re right,
it’s downright pathetic

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
what’s that based on?

i’ll remind you if this when you next critique the club regarding finances ;)
I'm sure we'll get a few quid for him, maybe £5m, maybe a bit more, but more likely £5m and add ons. There's just no denying that he doesn't look remotely like a PL player though and he's 22 in the Summer.

Some teams blow big money on players regularly and hardly ever play them before letting them go at a loss, we weren't really in a position to do that though, he was a very bad call. Even if we had gone big on him it should have been structured according to the success people imagined he would have.

It's also no good people saying 'he's not a wide player', because he sure as hell isn't a #9.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For FFP purposes, selling him for £5m is effectively a loss. I'm sure we owe Porto more than that, probably upwards of £10m.

It's very likely that he will get loaned out again, unless a club is willing to stump up £10m+ for him.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Get whatever we can for him in the summer and move on.
If he’d been fantastic for either Anderlecht or PSV, I’m sure he would have had a proper chance to establish himself last or this season. It just hasn’t happened in now three leagues that are not at the same level where he needs to excel.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
For FFP purposes, selling him for £5m is effectively a loss. I'm sure we owe Porto more than that, probably upwards of £10m.

It's very likely that he will get loaned out again, unless a club is willing to stump up £10m+ for him.
I think that is right.

This is my maths we signed him for £35m on a 5 year contract in summer 2020.

So for amortisation we were writing him down at £7m a year for 2 years.

So by Summer 2022 he was £21m. He then signed an extension taking him to 2026, so that will be £5.25m a year for 2 years so far. That gets him to £10.5 on the books.

However I'm going to say we have more slack in PSR than we need to worry about now and selling him for £5m+ add ons and taking that hit won't be worse than loaning him out for another year and taking the £5m in amortisation anyway.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that is right.

This is my maths we signed him for £35m on a 5 year contract in summer 2020.

So for amortisation we were writing him down at £7m a year for 2 years.

So by Summer 2022 he was £21m. He then signed an extension taking him to 2026, so that will be £5.25m a year for 2 years so far. That gets him to £10.5 on the books.

However I'm going to say we have more slack in PSR than we need to worry about now and selling him for £5m+ add ons and taking that hit won't be worse than loaning him out for another year and taking the £5m in amortisation anyway.
Everything will help in the summer, if we get a decent loan offer (£2m fee?) covering all of his wages, that's worth more to us now than selling him for £5m.

Plus the potential that if we find the right club, i.e. an Anderlecht or PSV, and he scores a bunch in a mediocre league, it could increase his market value. I'm not sure his market value can get any lower than it will be in the summer.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Everything will help in the summer, if we get a decent loan offer (£2m fee?) covering all of his wages, that's worth more to us now than selling him for £5m.

Plus the potential that if we find the right club, i.e. an Anderlecht or PSV, and he scores a bunch in a mediocre league, it could increase his market value. I'm not sure his market value can get any lower than it will be in the summer.
I don't see us trying to push the PSR limits in the Summer though, we'll have survived our potential issues and be trying to break even (although that might be the rules anyway). Obviously is someone will give us £2m for a 12 months loan and pay all his wages, then we potentially gain a bit, but is anyone paying a £2m loan fee for a player valued at £5m?

Jeff's ego is the only reason we don't sell IMO.

Back
Top Bottom