Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

West Ham United Football Club verdict

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should change our name to Ait-Nouri Wanderers right now. We were totally dominant up to the minute he went off, fell to pi ces immediately afterwards.

Defensively, as for most of the season we were crap under any form of pressure.

And of course another VAR decision which could be interpreted many ways.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very frustrating day.

I knew we would be incapable of putting together two good halves of football and to expect the worst after that bright first half. We just never played after the break and invited them to come back into it. Another match where you wonder what on earth the coaches are telling them during the break.

The two goals against us were both entirely of our own making, especially the dilly-dallying around that lead to their penalty.

VAR with the perfect crowning to the game with that decision. The player was offside but their keeper was never going to save it in a million years.

The season can't really end soon enough and it's hard to see us winning many(any?) more games. A backline "organised" by Kilman just won't stop conceding goal after goal at this level.

Last edited:

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A pretty solid First Half, is ruined by a second half nightmare, which once again nails us to the floor.

We lost that fight, that zippiness and that positivity going forward in the second 45.

It was a really silly penalty to give away and the wind no doubt helped with what is known as an Olympic Goal, but why on earth was no one marking the far post, knowing it was a player like Ward-Prowse who has that ability?

Obs the referee’s decision and the collective anger at it will grab the headlines, but we have to seriously wonder how our back line has gone to pieces?

The hope really does kill you in football…

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West ham looked as if they were on valium in the 1st half and was clearly going to come out and pressure us in the 2nd period. With our make shift team and knackered players hammers pushed forward condencing the space, then with ait nouri who was our release option up front having to be subbed we had to rely on a half fit cunha to take on the roll.
With the kids coming on to make up our eleven the visitors took advantage of our lack of squad depth even though we didn't give up trying. The var decision finished us off, it was a great header by kilman but thats where the game is being killed of its instant joy as we have to wait on every decision to be watched by tv angles in a studio. Arguably the decision could have gone either way but we all knew which way it would be as the rules vary from one official to another on interpretation.

Last edited:

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
You gave Doherty a 7….? He was the one that passed back to Toti for the Hammers’ first goal. He gets no more than a three and that’s being generous. That last ditch intervention when he was out of position was the only thing of note he did.

Apologies, I thought that was Joao but having seen the ‘highlights’, can see it was indeed Doc. I thought he was excellent first half. Linked up really well with Doyle down that side, created a good chance for Doyle and had that last-ditch intervention.

As it was him who laid it off, then yeah, a ‘7’ is too high. Can’t be ***** to change it though.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another worrying performance made worse by GON as it went on.
Deserved nothing

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Losing RAN was probably the reason we were **** second half. Still felt we probably deserved a point over the 90, which ain't bad considering the forward situation.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was looking for the last time a player scored straight from a corner in the Premier League, which was Douglas Luiz against Arsenal. Notice something? Like how the player on the line physically impedes the goalkeeper, compared to Chirewa *maybe* visible in Fabianski's periphery at most today? Refereeing in England is unfit for purpose.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remind me to keep my mouth firmly shut. I had just said that Doc was playing better than l expected to the bloke next to me when the damned penalty incident happened. A good claim back of the ball followed by a hospital ball....

We really didn't look like scoring before our penalty. They had momentum but didn't look like scoring before theirs. After that they absolutely dominated. The kids brought on as subs ran around but were completely ineffectual. Cunha is nowhere near match fit either.

Last edited:

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It wasn't VAR that ruled it out, and they got a clear advantage from Semedo being fouled...

My point is, that it was a soft contact on his foot.

VAR could have over turned it for minimal contact and it not being enough to make him go down.

Clearly having played rugby where if the referee is in the wording of the law is correct even if you disagree with the application you accept it as you put them in the position to make the decision that while you disagree with it being given in the laws of the game is correct you just accept it.

I am not happy about the decision…….

But he wasn’t wrong based on the wording of the law for that situation

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wearily reminiscent of the Lage season where all the tremendously good work for the first two thirds of the year was undone in the final straight by a combination of a small squad, a lack of mental fortitude and an inability to manage the crucial games.

For all the deserved plaudits O'Neil has earned, I would suggest someone locks him in the bogs at half-time to keep him away from the dressing room, because the pattern of shocking second halves after excellent first ones is far too frequent to be coincidence, and it can't all be down to opposition managers rubbing a magic lamp and tweaking strategies.

Disappointing.
Genuinely, once RAN went off, I’m struggling to think of a poorer set of players quality wise that we’ve had available for a premier league game since we last got promoted.

I’m baffled that folk are expecting anything better with these players to be honest.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was looking for the last time a player scored straight from a corner in the Premier League, which was Douglas Luiz against Arsenal. Notice something? Like how the player on the line physically impedes the goalkeeper, compared to Chirewa *maybe* visible in Fabianski's periphery at most today? Refereeing in England is unfit for purpose.

Sa is a flapper though, just not good at commanding his box or kicking. West Ham were well aware of the former, constantly crowded around him on set pieces.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seven games remaining, four of them at home, and I don't fancy us to win a single one of them and expect us to lose at least 6 of them (we might draw Palace).

Result never in doubt once the second half whistle blew.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Says it all. The officiating in this country is a shambles.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t fathom that second half performance, so so frustrating. Been a horrible run of games since Coventry.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, that’s the end of the season now bar the shouting. A must not lose, and we lost it. Shot ourselves in the foot in the second half after a very promising performance until then, and got a VAR shafting for good measure - the season in microcosm really. Overplaying at the back was a big problem - whoever passed it back to Toti when he had a man up his ass (leading to the handball penalty) started the collapse.
Doc.....

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuinely, once RAN went off, I’m struggling to think of a poorer set of players quality wise that we’ve had available for a premier league game since we last got promoted.

I’m baffled that folk are expecting anything better with these players to be honest.

Remember that the yearly ticket price increase was to increase funds to make us more competitive……

Yet somehow we have become less competitive year on year since that announcement and didn’t have a pot to **** in to do any business in Jan and didn’t do anything after all the sales till Nunes was sold……

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa is a flapper though, just not good at commanding his box or kicking. West Ham were well aware of the former, constantly crowded around him on set pieces.
I am not specifically referring to West Ham's second goal (Sa was simply weak on that one), but rather the goal we had ruled out. Chirewa was just sort of stood there, while Fabianksi also just sort of stood there like a lemon in no man's land, and the goal is ruled out because Chirewa wasn't blocking his sight of the ball but in his peripheral vision or something. But for Villa against Arsenal, a player is in an offside position, physically grappling Ramsdale and preventing from getting to the ball and the goal stands. It's all a bit of a farce.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fuçked off with that because we gifted them their goals, they are liquid dog sh¡t and they're 7th .

Just needed to defend second half after a good first half, but having nothing up front causes us problems at the back too. On the positive side, I like how GON has allowed players to express themselves, if Lopetegui were still our manager who knows where RAN would be now, there's no way he'd be right wing.

Season will just fizzle out now.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clear infringement as he stood on his foot against a subjective opinion of interfering with play when he had no chance of saving it, you're just being contrary, no difference there I guess.

The point I am making is, to a West Ham fan they will be angry that was disallowed in the first place.

And there is no subjective opinion on the goal we had disallowed…….

He was offside and standing in direct line of sight for the header. **** poor that it was applied, but in the wording of the law it was correct.

Both sets of fans have a decision to be upset with.

I am not being contrary…… I have said I am disappointed it wasn’t given, but I can see why it was done. Sorry but the laws of the game are the laws of the game.

He shouldn’t have been stood there…… he allowed the VAR to get involved and then they applied the law as they were able to do.

How is saying that a contrary view?

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON raging with the decision, and said that both Moyes and Fabianski have said it was a goal too.
Fabianski absolutely wasn't getting there regardless, but that isn't considered as per the laws, so not sure how anything but offside can be given with our player moving across the GK and thereby obscuring his vision.

Back
Top Bottom