Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

West Ham (H) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
IMG_6157.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

Here we go again. Hope everyone is well. After a decent point (and an ok performance I thought) on Tuesday night, we’re back home for an important game. Of our last 8 league games left, 5 are at Molineux, and we need to make the most of that. Starting today!

Not an easy game this. West Ham are a good side, very unpredictable, but as we’ve seen already this season, they can punish a team who don’t perform. We were absolutely hopeless at their place, let’s hope we can be a lot more competitive today.

In terms of line up, the big dilemma is whether Cunha is fit enough to start. Even on Tuesday you saw the difference in the team once he came on. Hopefully he’s got an hour or so in him.

Sa
Bueno Kilman Toti
Semedo Lemina Gomes Doherty
Sarabia Cunha Ait-Nouri​

Bentley, Dawson, Bueno, Traore, Doyle, Hwang, Fraser, Chiwome, Lemina

As has been said all week, we don’t want the season to start fizzing out. It’s been a really enjoyable one, yeah some ups and downs as always, but overall it’s been very positive. It’s important that the feel good factor that Gary and the lads have built doesn’t disappear as the season ends. Picking up wins (especially at home) is the best way to keep up momentum and positive vibes. We’ve also got the fact that most of our games left are against sides with something to play for (title, Europe, relegation) so we know the other team will be up for it, we have to be as well.

Whether you’re following from Wolverhampton, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
One thing that maybe in our favour is that West Ham have a big European game coming up next Thursday so they might not field a full strength team?

In saying that, they’ll still be a tough nut to crack so we need an early goal to settle the nerves.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing that maybe in our favour is that West Ham have a big European game coming up next Thursday so they might not field a full strength team?

In saying that, they’ll still be a tough nut to crack so we need an early goal to settle the nerves.
Might have been the case if they were mid-table but they are hot on United’s heels and it’s so tight in that race for 7th I’d be amazed if they rested players.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The starting XI isn't great apparently, but can't say I've seen it, just rumours on Twitter.

If I somehow come across it I'll put it in here.....but wouldn't be the first time team news has been leaked recently.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Three points would be very nice today. Win and we go above West Ham.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might have been the case if they were mid-table but they are hot on United’s heels and it’s so tight in that race for 7th I’d be amazed if they rested players.
Also my thoughts. I can't see them resting anyone. I'd prefer that we were playing them AFTER a European tie, when players might be knackered, but it is, what it is. Tough game and I can't see us keeping a clean sheet, so we have to score a couple to win. Can we?

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A WHU season ticket holder who is a friend, doesnt think Moyes will rest anyone in the starting lineup.

Apparently one of the delusional fans' gripes against Moyes is that he runs the first team into the ground.

He is not impressed by their options off the bench either.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
A WHU season ticket holder who is a friend, doesnt think Moyes will rest anyone in the starting lineup.

Apparently one of the delusional fans' gripes against Moyes is that he runs the first team into the ground.

At least they won't have a bunch of lads sitting on the bench trying to finish their homework.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A European 6 pointer. Very important.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also my thoughts. I can't see them resting anyone. I'd prefer that we were playing them AFTER a European tie, when players might be knackered, but it is, what it is. Tough game and I can't see us keeping a clean sheet, so we have to score a couple to win. Can we?
Didn’t we play them last time after a European tie, gulp ………

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I doubt it. Saturday to Thursday is loads of time to recover and prepare.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The starting XI isn't great apparently, but can't say I've seen it, just rumours on Twitter.

If I somehow come across it I'll put it in here.....but wouldn't be the first time team news has been leaked recently.

Hope this isnt true or West Ham could have a field day today.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
I want a win so my prediction of 4 point from 9 comes to fruition, but after recent games can only see a loss unfortunately

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Are you sure he was talking about their manager?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Their best route into Europe is likely the Europa league…..

So I can easily see them resting players to focus on that.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Bueno Kilman Toti
Sarabia Cunha Ait-Nouri​

Not a bad team that, would be good to have Dawson and Hwang on the bench.

I’d possibly play Bueno instead of Doherty but that’s a decent lineup there.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 41654

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!

Here we go again. Hope everyone is well. After a decent point (and an ok performance I thought) on Tuesday night, we’re back home for an important game. Of our last 8 league games left, 5 are at Molineux, and we need to make the most of that. Starting today!

Not an easy game this. West Ham are a good side, very unpredictable, but as we’ve seen already this season, they can punish a team who don’t perform. We were absolutely hopeless at their place, let’s hope we can be a lot more competitive today.

In terms of line up, the big dilemma is whether Cunha is fit enough to start. Even on Tuesday you saw the difference in the team once he came on. Hopefully he’s got an hour or so in him.

Sa
Bueno Kilman Toti
Sarabia Cunha Ait-Nouri​

As has been said all week, we don’t want the season to start fizzing out. It’s been a really enjoyable one, yeah some ups and downs as always, but overall it’s been very positive. It’s important that the feel good factor that Gary and the lads have built doesn’t disappear as the season ends. Picking up wins (especially at home) is the best way to keep up momentum and positive vibes. We’ve also got the fact that most of our games left are against sides with something to play for (title, Europe, relegation) so we know the other team will be up for it, we have to be as well.

Whether you’re following from Wolverhampton, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

Love that you got cunha in there!

If he is fit enough for a half, we have to start our best team. Would rather get a good 45 out of him with the starters than him having to try and influence the game when someone like traore is on……..

Also him and ait nouri in tandem should be an exciting prospect too on the counter!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No expectations today from me. Lots of empty seats I see online. Very hard game today. Interesting to see what our line up is.

Hope we win. Come on you Wolves!!

We normally do okay at home against wet spam.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another game that i would take the draw right now
WHam have a good front line and Bowen is in great form
Cant see anything but a loss im afraid,but ive been wrong plenty of times before lol
Can just hope we put up a fight as usual and Cunha gets more minutes,oh and Semedo doesnt get booked again

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No expectations today from me. Lots of empty seats I see online. Very hard game today. Interesting to see what our line up is.

Hope we win. Come on you Wolves!!

We normally do okay at home against wet spam.

We got an email offering us seats for the game yesterday afternoon in the disabled area for my wife.

This is the first time in a fair while that has happened.

But not a surprise with the costs to go and the number of the first string that aren’t playing.

Especially if disabled, where the club don’t have an adequate number of spaces for the tickets they sell…… so the costs to go do add up.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doc? We may as well play with 10 men.

The more l see him the less l want to see him ever again. As finished as a one legged horse....

Edited to add: If he does play l would love nothing more than for him to get the winner and leave me with yolk running down my face. I can never understand so-called fans who want anything other than a win.

Last edited:

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Other than Doc I think that starting 11 is about as good as we have got atm

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If that is the team, and it may well be,it probably means Doc as LWB where he is even less effective
Why when Hugo is available?
I genuinely dont get GONs thinking if thats the set up
I would play Hugo and get Lemina or Gomes to man mark Bowen and cut off the supply lines,but what do i know?
I think people are thinking of the Hugo Bueno from 12 months ago ....granted the lad has had a stop start season but he has been very poor defensively this season..... although Doherty isn't brilliant, I can see why O'Neil prefers him....to be fair when Doherty covered for Rayan when he was at the afcon we got a few results... .

Back
Top Bottom