Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Will Fosun realise?

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not an opinion because you’re a “negative” it’s an opinion because you can’t possibly know the current figures, you’re working purely on guess work so surely you can see that because it’s guesswork it can’t ever be anything other than opinion?
"Purely on guess work".... :rolleyes:

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not an opinion because you’re a “negative” it’s an opinion because you can’t possibly know the current figures, you’re working purely on guess work so surely you can see that because it’s guesswork it can’t ever be anything other than opinion?
It's an educated guess on something that we have a lot of information available for.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's an educated guess on something that we have a lot of information available for.
Do we have lots of information? We have the SUGGESTED fees we sold players for, nothing else apart from what our TV money is. We don’t have definitive figures on any outgoings whatsoever.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we have lots of information? We have the SUGGESTED fees we sold players for, nothing else apart from what our TV money is. We don’t have definitive figures on any outgoings whatsoever.
Yes we have the revenues, the wage bill from last season, we have everything you need other than the outgoings as you say.

In theory, you're correct. We don't actually know Neves went for £47m, even though it was announced everywhere. He could have actually gone for £10m. He may have even gone for free!

If that's your argument then I can't really argue with it but it's not very sensible.

In the real world, we can make educated guesses on what was widely reported as fees and not contested by clubs at the time.

As you pointed out earlier, my claim isn't that Wolves are slightly off with their claim. I'm saying they're a significant amount away, so we don't need exact specifics. For example if Neves went for £44m instead of £47m, it doesn't really change my point.

As I keep saying, I welcome you to make an educated guess on what our losses will be for 23/24.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite a strong sense from Press conference, that he wont be here next season.
Only read bits on the BBC:

He continued: "I know the club have invested an awful lot of money over the years and they're not in a position to do so at the moment. It's left us in a situation where we are short, but there wasn't too much that could be done about it. We tried, we worked hard on it, and in the end financially we couldn't get anything done that we felt would help us. It's something that I think it's important we learn from for next season."

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Manager in ‘wants more players’ shocker.

Public astounded.
You obviously have a point in general.

When a manager has left a club after complaining and another has claimed that he is working with the worst squad depth in England then it's slightly different - which you know full well.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have been given the figure of 83m as net profit on player trading.

This only confirms what could already be worked out:
Sales of Nunes, Neves, Collings, Coady, Jimenez and other smaller fees, (approx 145m)

Against purchase of Cunha, Belledgarde, Bueno, (approx 60/63)

confirmed by official figures.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He continued: "I know the club have invested an awful lot of money over the years and they're not in a position to do so at the moment. It's left us in a situation where we are short, but there wasn't too much that could be done about it. We tried, we worked hard on it, and in the end financially we couldn't get anything done that we felt would help us. It's something that I think it's important we learn from for next season."
We is an important word in this, if he was off it would have been they.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sales of Nunes, Neves, Collings, Coady, Jimenez and other smaller fees, (approx 145m)

Similarly we have previous season's figures for revenue, broadcasting split, amortisation, wages, operational costs.

All of this data allows for informed estimates, rather than "pure guesswork".

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes we have the revenues, the wage bill from last season, we have everything you need other than the outgoings as you say.

In theory, you're correct. We don't actually know Neves went for £47m, even though it was announced everywhere. He could have actually gone for £10m. He may have even gone for free!

If that's your argument then I can't really argue with it but it's not very sensible.

In the real world, we can make educated guesses on what was widely reported as fees and not contested by clubs at the time.

As you pointed out earlier, my claim isn't that Wolves are slightly off with their claim. I'm saying they're a significant amount away, so we don't need exact specifics. For example if Neves went for £44m instead of £47m, it doesn't really change my point.

As I keep saying, I welcome you to make an educated guess on what our losses will be for 23/24.
My estimate is between 40-60m profit, depending on where we finally finish in the league.

Based on profit from player trading, lowered wage bill, lowered interest payments, higher merit payments for higher finish, cup run.

Assuming operational costs and amortisation costs remain broadly the same, (it could be that amortisation costs are down...that information is not released.)

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Good comments from Gary. Reasonable and rational. Understands and accepts the limitations on the club. I like how he uses “we” and “us” in his comments…….means he’s a team player with the board.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I listened to the press conference and didn’t get the impression he won’t be here next season, I would be shocked if he wasn’t to be honest. He’s still a novice and I can’t see anyone else bigger than Wolves going for him even if he wanted to leave.

The way he said his comments about making sure the club doesn’t repeat the same mistakes next season though… I dunno, I get a slight hint of deja vu here with Lopetegui in that it feels like what he’s been told in terms of investment in the summer has changed or is changing.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Similarly we have previous season's figures for revenue, broadcasting split, amortisation, wages, operational costs.

All of this data allows for informed estimates, rather than "pure guesswork".
Still wouldn't be comfortable using a series of educated guesses to call people liars.

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Basically that GON has to be careful as a young coach to question the board. He may be letting the links get to his head, he knew what he signed up for when he took the job. Pushing against the board is not a good look. That he had a manager who did this in press conferences Steve Evans for new players and it annoyed him and actually worked against the manager.

He has also heard very good things about GON when at Bournemouth from friends and if he wants to go to the very top he has to get better and smarter at when to question the board.

I forget the rest, sorry me adhd. Mind like a sieve haha
He also said that if the club hadn't been truthful with Gary, then he had a right to speak out.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What about all the other costs associated to the club? Do you know them for the current year? Annual contract bonuses, paying off of JL and his huge back room team, recruitment costs, scouting costs. The standard business costs that everyone is seeing big increases on like electricity, general insurance, player insurance, medical costs, transportation, training ground costs, business rates. All that’s just off the top of my head but there will literally be 100s of costs we don’t know about in the current year.

It’s pure guesswork, to suggest any different is just folly.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He also said that if the club hadn't been truthful with Gary, then he had a right to speak out.
That bit is key. Though the press conference before villa when the United link was mentioned he was gushing about how much he loved the club, how much he loved being here and how good his relationship is with Hobbs. Not the words of a man who was lied to I don’t think

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I used to think the same about Simon Jordan, love him now
Don’t listen him that much, but when I do, he talks absolutely perfectly about football, managers, owners, player, everybody.

He is great to listen to, pulls no punches, is very knowledgeable, intelligent and talks so much common sense.

Gerrimmin!

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm quite confident that Keen and Judah could have an entire week with the books and not make sense of them. Same with Madeley. It's not their specialty, and, frankly, I don't get the impression they're exactly polymaths.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Listened to most of the interview and heard nothing to lead me to believe he was in any way thinking of leaving
In fact almost the opposite

He has said many times before how happy he is here,of course hes not happy with how things have unfolded with injuries and a small squad,but he has never intimated he was lied to when he signed up or since

The mistakes he referred to was the club spending too much in previous seasons to bolster the team in January,and hes hoping they learn from that
That said had we not spent in the January window previously we would be looking at relegation right now,its swings and roundabouts really

Will he be backed in the summer? Who knows? Certainly not with big money signings but clever buying and loans more likely

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Listened to most of the interview and heard nothing to lead me to believe he was in any way thinking of leaving
In fact almost the opposite

He has said many times before how happy he is here,of course hes not happy with how things have unfolded with injuries and a small squad,but he has never intimated he was lied to when he signed up or since

The mistakes he referred to was the club spending too much in previous seasons to bolster the team in January,and hes hoping they learn from that
That said had we not spent in the January window previously we would be looking at relegation right now,its swings and roundabouts really

Will he be backed in the summer? Who knows? Certainly not with big money signings but clever buying and loans more likely
Quite amazing really…….one poster listens to Gary’s comments and get a sense that he’s leaving in the summer and another poster hears the opposite.

Incredible.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
One day, the truth will come out about the real numbers at Wolves, and some posters here are going to feel incredibly vindicated.

Oh boy are they going to tell everyone so.

It will be glorious.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One day, the truth will come out about the real numbers at Wolves, and some posters here are going to feel incredibly vindicated.

Oh boy are they going to tell everyone so.

It will be glorious.
But will it change anything?
Personally I don’t bother with the figures? What’s the point? I have no input whether the numbers are good or bad.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite amazing really…….one poster listens to Gary’s comments and get a sense that he’s leaving in the summer and another poster hears the opposite.

Incredible.
I guess its what you want to hear really
If your in the Fosun out camp you will always take a negative stance on anything really

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only read bits on the BBC: "I know the club have invested an awful lot of money over the years and they're not in a position to do so at the moment. It's left us in a situation where we are short, but there wasn't too much that could be done about it. We tried, we worked hard on it, and in the end financially we couldn't get anything done that we felt would help us. It's something that I think it's important we learn from for next season."
Don't worry, Gary insisting the club has to learn from financial mistakes isn't a criticism of the board for how they've run the club financially - he's just non-judgmentally describing the facts. People assuming the position of "moderate" told me so...

Last edited:

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm quite confident that Keen and Judah could have an entire week with the books and not make sense of them. Same with Madeley. It's not their specialty, and, frankly, I don't get the impression they're exactly polymaths.

But madely could budget an amazing holiday for you though hahahaha

Back
Top Bottom