Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't understand people creaming their pants at the thought of selling Kilman. Doubt we replace him with anyone better.
I wouldn't want to sell him as I rate Max very highly, but if Man United come in with a massive offer, all of that fee is pure profit for the purposes of Financial Fair Play. It potentially gives GON a warchest to balance the squad in the summer.

Also very interested to see Mosquera in this side, who's starting regularly for Villarreal now and if we didn't already own him, he'd be the type of player that other Premier League clubs would be looking at.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to sell him as I rate Max very highly, but if Man United come in with a massive offer, all of that fee is pure profit for the purposes of Financial Fair Play. It potentially gives GON a warchest to balance the squad in the summer.

Also very interested to see Mosquera in this side, who's starting regularly for Villarreal now and if we didn't already own him, he'd be the type of player that other Premier League clubs would be looking at.
I'm not sure Max would be pure profit, but for what we paid for him it practically would be. He played senior football before he came here as a 21 year old so we didn't bring him through our system, think he played for the u23's. I'm pretty sure Maidenhead have a sell on fee as well.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure Max would be pure profit, but for what we paid for him it practically would be. He played senior football before he came here as a 21 year old so we didn't bring him through our system, think he played for the u23's. I'm pretty sure Maidenhead have a sell on fee as well.
Maidenhead's sell-on clause is reportedly capped at quite a low number, from what I remember when the Napoli rumours came in last summer.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't understand people creaming their pants at the thought of selling Kilman. Doubt we replace him with anyone better.
I think we could replace him with somebody at his ability for less than we would get for him. At the end of the day, that's our model now. If we can get 40 million for him and replace him for 20, that's good business.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maidenhead's sell-on clause is reportedly capped at quite a low number, from what I remember when the Napoli rumours came in last summer.
Another poster reassured me that the killman sell on fee was capped at 2 million. I find this hard to believe as Scott sellars was in charge then and wouldn't have the wherewithal to place a cap on it. This is a guy who allowed traore to go to Barcelona and run his contract down.

Last edited:

Mancwolf56

Groupie
Reaction score
I know its way to early to be worrying about relegation battles, but they sure need to strengthen this squad if they are losing Neto and/or RAN / Gomes.

I know they will bring in some big bucks, but they will be hard to replace and next season the league is going to be so much stronger. Ipswich, Leeds, Leicester, Southampton are most likely to get up and Forrest and Everton will be stronger and have no points deduction.

OK Leicester might be in trouble, but its going to be a much stronger league in my view.

When you look at our fully fit squad, its almost inconceivable we could be in that relegation fight, but I am not so sure. Neto was a big part of our goal scoring this season, Hwang could easily revert to being useless in front of goal, and there is no saying any new players will work.

We are in real need of adding three or four quality first teamers along with the return of Mosquera and Chiquinho.

Its a big summer window that's for sure. We should be ok, but they have to get it right because I think the margins are going to be very fine next season.
I might be wrong but it seems every season people claim the teams coming up will be stronger. Leicester, Leeds and Soton all got relegated last year for a reason and Ipswich were in the third tier this time last year.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman is decent in a back three but at best average in a back two. Obviously if he goes push the buyer as high as possible. My view is that if we’d paid anything close to the £35m+mentioned above I’d have expected a lot more from him.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
United are really, really bad at this transfer business.
Shhh....

I don't mind Kilman, but surely Santi Bueno shows that with a good eye you can buy a CH for a lot less than United would pay us. To my mind we need to seriously upgrade to play a back 4 regularly, players who can look decent in a 5 are available. So £50m for Kilman and a £10m replacement with £40m for a striker is a no brainer!

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right please May I add my tuppence worth?

Fosun have spent they just haven’t spent well at times with Fabio, Guedes and Sasa 80m of players that haven’t cut it. Add to that Vitinho and trincao loans and we are up to 100m spent for little return.

This summer I would like to see sensible business and squad depth. Reluctantly, Neto and Kilman to go for 90m the pair. Guedes, Fabio and Podence at 10m each Doyle signed together with Macatee , Adam’s on a free , Brazilian Bruno for 20m . kaminski from Luton and Morris for 15 M the pair if Luton go down. Trawl South America gor another Gomes type signing but as a winger . We end up with greater squad depth and in profit

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another poster reassured me that the killman sell on fee was capped at 2 million. I find this hard to believe as Scott sellars was in charge then and wouldn't have the wherewithal to place a cap on it. This is a guy who allowed traore to go to Barcelona and run his contract down.

According to a source local to the club we signed him for, it was around 7 million if Napoli met our valuation.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shhh....

I don't mind Kilman, but surely Santi Bueno shows that with a good eye you can buy a CH for a lot less than United would pay us. To my mind we need to seriously upgrade to play a back 4 regularly, players who can look decent in a 5 are available. So £50m for Kilman and a £10m replacement with £40m for a striker is a no brainer!
It’s our model now, sell to buy.
we ain’t spending £40m on any player for a good while though!!
If Kilman can go for £50m and we can get better for £10m why don't United sign that player?
I wouldn’t say better player but i think he’s replaceable, and because United are stoopid
But someone can't be crap and want 50m....it doesn't make sense....
There’s always a middle ground that this place forgets when we aren’t winning every week. He’s a good player, but hes
not on the premium list for me like the RAN, Gomes, Cunha and Neto pile.
I view him like Hwang and Semedo, for the right inflated price, available,

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s our model now, sell to buy.
we ain’t spending £40m on any player for a good while though!!

I wouldn’t say better player but i think he’s replaceable, and because United are stoopid

There’s always a middle ground that this place forgets when we aren’t winning every week. He’s a good player, but hes
not on the premium list for me like the RAN, Gomes, Cunha and Neto pile.
I view him like Hwang and Semedo, for the right inflated price, available,
Yes off course it's our model.....but selling Kilman for 50m won't make Neto stay if he gets offers or stay fit if he doesn't......

For me 50m for Neto makes a lot more sense... obviously if the offer is there...

Off course we need to raise money....that doesn't mean sell everybody......sell the loan players , get a striker in, a free transfer striker and a number 2 keeper.... surely that is possible.....that's ading to the current squad not depleting it....If Mosquera was definitely the answer then surely Man utd would buy him...

Last edited:

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anything over £40 million and I would sell Kilman personally. Great for FFP and would surely mean we could invest without needing to sell RAN or Gomes (presuming Neto will also move on).

Kilman is an odd one for me. Talented, and I think would do pretty well at Utd given his overall skillset, but for us I think he is quite replacable? Especially if Mosquera is good. There were also rumours of us looking at that young Belgian lad from Genoa? This would perhaps be one of those good deals all round?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman is decent in a back three but at best average in a back two. Obviously if he goes push the buyer as high as possible. My view is that if we’d paid anything close to the £35m+mentioned above I’d have expected a lot more from him.

Totally agree. I dont get the Kilman love in with some personally. He's as poor in a back 4 as everyone said Coady was, yet he never gets the same stick as Coads. He's decent, but the only reason we are talking about 35-40 million is based on him being English. We wouldnt get anywhere near that if he was Scandinavian or South American.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be a gamble in defence....relying on a ageing Dawson, not very good Santiago Bueno, a untried Yerson and a kid from Belgium.....it's the premier league we are in...

I get people sentiment but Kilman is our main man to a point at the back... especially in terms of minutes...

I'm not convinced about Santiago Bueno...he may need replacing....

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes off course it's our model.....but selling Kilman for 50m won't make Neto stay if he gets offers or stay fit if he doesn't......

For me 50m for Neto makes a lot more sense... obviously if the offer is there...

Off course we need to raise money....that doesn't mean sell everybody......sell the loan players , get a striker in, a free transfer striker and a number 2 keeper.... surely that is possible.....that's ading to the current squad not depleting it....If Mosquera was definitely the answer then surely Man utd would buy him...
You make a huge assumption here that football is indeed logical!! ;)

Neto for me for £50m goes too, as well as. I love him, but he clearly wants to play a higher level, but those injuries make him more sellable than say RAN or Cunha.
I think Kilman is a good player worth £30m in today’s market. As we don’t want to necessarily sell that makes it £35 - £40m.
Whereas Guedes is probably worth £15m but as we don’t want him or he doesn’t want to be here we would be lucky to secure half.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You make a huge assumption here that football is indeed logical!! ;)

Neto for me for £50m goes too, as well as. I love him, but he clearly wants to play a higher level, but those injuries make him more sellable than say RAN or Cunha.
I think Kilman is a good player worth £30m in today’s market. As we don’t want to necessarily sell that makes it £35 - £40m.
Whereas Guedes is probably worth £15m but as we don’t want him or he doesn’t want to be here we would be lucky to secure half.
None us off can be sure what will happen in the summer, you are right...

I just don't get this sell , sell everybody mantra that is peddled by a few constantly on here....does me nut in...kilman is the new scapegoat largely at the back as they struggle to have a go at Semedo...

Yes granted we will need to sell somebody but as I say it doesn't mean we keep a Rayan , João by selling Max.....they maybe become disallusioned a bit with it...Kilman isn't anymore easily replaced than anybody and will be just as easy to get wrong....

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still think a lot of people are discounting that scenariao where we lose RAN, Neto and Gomes tbh. IF the right teams come in for them, even if we want to keep them, they will be off.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
None us off can be sure what will happen in the summer, you are right...

I just don't get this sell , sell everybody mantra that is peddled by a few constantly on here....does me nut in...kilman is the new scapegoat largely at the back as they struggle to have a go at Semedo...

Yes granted we will need to sell somebody but as I say it doesn't mean we keep a Rayan , João by selling Max.....they maybe become disallusioned a bit with it...Kilman isn't anymore easily replaced than anybody and will be just as easy to get wrong....
well we have to sell someone, but the Mox is extreme as you well know.
If i could pick two those would be the two.
In terms of FFP impact etc

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still think a lot of people are discounting that scenariao where we lose RAN, Neto and Gomes tbh. IF the right teams come in for them, even if we want to keep them, they will be off.
Exactly....that's where I'm coming from with Max....it isn't about Max , it's this deluded scernerio where everybody is happy to stay, when in reality the bloke who has kicked the most minutes for us in our small squad is Max who will be the one who is happy.....

It might not be a scernerio where is only Max we have to sell.....

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
well we have to sell someone, but the Mox is extreme as you well know.
If i could pick two those would be the two.
In terms of FFP impact etc
Max made sense last summer for FFP.....but surely we ain't in such a deep whole this summer...if it's about strengthening surely we have other areas to raise funds for strengthening before Max...

If fosun want pure profit sell Hugo Bueno and a few kids who ain't contributing...

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn’t that how self sustainability works? Sell high and buy lower priced until your luck runs dry

Big offers come in… Players will leave and they will be replaced. The new system will take some getting used to for some fans.

We aren’t the club of 2019 - Hobbs

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still think he's a Rolls Royce of a defender and under-rated by many.

Back
Top Bottom