Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d say anybody can train and complete a marathon, not much to do with genetics. However 100m sprint is a different beast. You either have it or you don’t.
You can be taught to improve technique and get faster. However it’s marginal gains it won’t make a Fabio into an Adama.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d say anybody can train and complete a marathon, not much to do with genetics. However 100m sprint is a different beast. You either have it or you don’t.
Anybody can train and complete a100m sprint. Same applies to both the sprint and the marathon, you'll need to train very hard, but to win it, the hard work needs to be coupled with some biological advantages.

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
I really hope I’m wrong but I struggle to see anything other than the summer being another disappointment. If my maths is correct Fosun have had approx 15 windows since they took over and from those I can only really think of 3 decent ones…
1. When they brought in Neves, Jota and Boly etc.
2. When we got promoted and Jimmy, Rui, Jonny and Donk came in.
3. Last January when we were really in the sticky stuff.
The rest have all really been a bit meh! Cutrone, Fabio, Guedes, Nunes, Podence, Vallejo, Campana spread out over the years, all failing massively among others.
My biggest concern seems to be the amount of times we’ve all said “surely they wouldn’t be letting him go without somebody lined up?!”….yet it always happens!
Like I said I really hope I’m wrong and I’ll be forever grateful for what Fosun have done but I just wish they had a plan when it comes to recruitment…it has been disappointing to say the least on the whole.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know its way to early to be worrying about relegation battles, but they sure need to strengthen this squad if they are losing Neto and/or RAN / Gomes.

I know they will bring in some big bucks, but they will be hard to replace and next season the league is going to be so much stronger. Ipswich, Leeds, Leicester, Southampton are most likely to get up and Forrest and Everton will be stronger and have no points deduction.

OK Leicester might be in trouble, but its going to be a much stronger league in my view.

When you look at our fully fit squad, its almost inconceivable we could be in that relegation fight, but I am not so sure. Neto was a big part of our goal scoring this season, Hwang could easily revert to being useless in front of goal, and there is no saying any new players will work.

We are in real need of adding three or four quality first teamers along with the return of Mosquera and Chiquinho.

Its a big summer window that's for sure. We should be ok, but they have to get it right because I think the margins are going to be very fine next season.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know its way to early to be worrying about relegation battles, but they sure need to strengthen this squad if they are losing Neto and/or RAN / Gomes.

I know they will bring in some big bucks, but they will be hard to replace and next season the league is going to be so much stronger. Ipswich, Leeds, Leicester, Southampton are most likely to get up and Forrest and Everton will be stronger and have no points deduction.

OK Leicester might be in trouble, but its going to be a much stronger league in my view.

When you look at our fully fit squad, its almost inconceivable we could be in that relegation fight, but I am not so sure. Neto was a big part of our goal scoring this season, Hwang could easily revert to being useless in front of goal, and there is no saying any new players will work.

We are in real need of adding three or four quality first teamers along with the return of Mosquera and Chiquinho.

Its a big summer window that's for sure. We should be ok, but they have to get it right because I think the margins are going to be very fine next season.

I think we should all pray Leicester come up…… with their points deduction, it is one relegation spot almost guaranteed!

Also, if Everton get nailed again for points this season, they will have to sell a load of players to get back in line, so they should be weaker than this season!!

Massive summer ahead!!!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Lets not talk about relegation

Gon has us in 10th 42 points 8 games to go and we got 41 points last year

Chiquinho comes in, mosquera is going to be a cb and cover rb

We arent going to lose neto/gomes and ran i expect 1 of 3

Equally we will have money to spend, i think we will and see some good signings

Currently id say its ran playing himself into a move, followed by gomes, and doubts abot neto injury record

Id be tying RAN definitely down to a new deal if we can asap, and even gomes, both signed on chump change for premier league teams

But still more likely neto moves

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lets not talk about relegation

Gon has us in 10th 42 points 8 games to go and we got 41 points last year

Chiquinho comes in, mosquera is going to be a cb and cover rb

We arent going to lose neto/gomes and ran i expect 1 of 3

Equally we will have money to spend, i think we will and see some good signings

Currently id say its ran playing himself into a move, followed by gomes, and doubts abot neto injury record

Id be tying RAN definitely down to a new deal if we can asap, and even gomes, both signed on chump change for premier league teams

But still more likely neto moves
We will certainly see signings
Good or not is another matter
I think we will go into the South American market again,and thats always a gamble
We wont be splashing 20/30mil on players,more like the 10/15 mil bracket imo
I hope we get 3/4 decent quality additions,but finances will dictate as always

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Free Agents found so far available in the summer…..

Mathew Ryan - GK
Koen Casteels - GK
Marius Wolf - RB
Ben Johnson - RB
Nathan Wood - CB
Juan Miranda -LB
Sergi Cardona - LB
Callum O’Hare - CAM
Josh Brownhill - DM
Alex Berenguer - Wing
Danny Welbeck- CF
Liam Cullen - CF
Oli McBurnie - CF
Che Adams - CF

Not saying sign them all. Just some realistic names for us to check out……

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Free Agents found so far available in the summer…..

Mathew Ryan - GK
Koen Casteels - GK
Marius Wolf - RB
Ben Johnson - RB
Nathan Wood - CB
Juan Miranda -LB
Sergi Cardona - LB
Callum O’Hare - CAM
Josh Brownhill - DM
Alex Berenguer - Wing
Danny Welbeck- CF
Liam Cullen - CF
Oli McBurnie - CF
Che Adams - CF

Not saying sign them all. Just some realistic names for us to check out……

Adams and Welbeck I'd enquire about.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jose not going anywhere ever
View attachment 41619

The thing about him is, I think he cares too much sometimes!

As if he makes an early mistake, he often compounds it later as he clearly tries hard to make up for it.

I would never question the blokes heart or want to play well for the badge!

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Only a year long partnership which is strange, these type of things tend to run on abit

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was really good for them last season too. Kinda bonkers that they benched him for Trafford, how many points has that cost them this year alone?

The fans were calling to bring him back in nets after 4 games…….

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I predicted this could happen a few weeks ago. Varane out of contract in the summer, Martinez very injury prone, Lindelof rubbish, Jonny Evans about 40. Homegrown and he'd walk into their side, as much as our fans like to scapegoat him he's top drawer, and I can see Max thriving in a better team like Jota has.

It may be a mutually beneficial deal, as any fee we get for Max would be pure profit, potentially giving GON a bit of a warchest in the summer to reshape the squad without having to sell the likes of Neto, Cunha, Gomes, RAN etc.

It's a relative position of strength for us too, with Dawson, Toti, Bueno, Mosquera already on the books.

That being said, homegrown captain under contract till 2028, and it's Man United, so we should be demanding a premium, after turning down £35m last summer from Napoli.

Back
Top Bottom