Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe a thin squad attacking wise pulls together and we win the cup and/or make 6th place. Would be fantastic.

But its doubtful, and made that much more doubtful be the failure to bring in 2 attackers, which is what Oneil wanted.

I draw attention to the possible knock-on effects, because that is how football works for clubs like Wolves.

Every 3-5 years we will get the chance of a top 6 finish and a good go at the Cup, if we are well-run. Its vital that those chances are pursued full on.

Its the only way the club can maximise its potential, as there will come inevitable pressures to sell the best players, and they wont stick around if the club fails to show ambition.

In my view, Fosun just blew one of the opportunities, and we will see in the summer the price that will be paid for that.
So far the worst case scenarios are the ones panning out.

Injuries.....no replacement.......knocked out of cup........losing position in the league......Oneil being talked about leaving the club............
best players being tapped up in the press..........

How far will the domino effect continue??

Its a kind of vandalism, the degree to which Shi/Fosun just failed to give the coach any tools to make a go of it, a negligence
wrought out great potential and promise, driven by concerns that have nothing to do with Wolves.

That's the key point to reflect on: was the fiasco of January the result of Fosun being the current owners?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lets hope if we are planning to sign Che Adams we learn from past mistakes.
1. He signs by June or not at all.
2. We have other strikers in negotiations.
3. A striker is on the books by Mid July.
We should have been looking at options for over 9 months by now.

Last edited:

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** me id spunk every penny of Neto money on gimenez if that was realisitic, mans a baller
Just put it up cause it mentioned we've been looking in Holland.....think spurs have been liked with Gimenez....might be unlikely for us but ya never nw.....we should definitely be asking about Guirassey though....

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pavlidis is a likely option, guissaray would be a bit of a coup as has other suitors but again would fit the bill. He will score goals if he gets to the premier

I expect Adams plus another

I also forsee a big change this summer as Hobbs works to build what Gon wants and the players get into the Gon methods, and actual preseason! With a coach again

Last edited:

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pavlidis is a likely option, guissaray would be a bit of a coup as has other suitors but again would fit the bill. He will score goals if he gets to the premier

I expect Adams plus another

I also forsee a big change this summer as Hobbs works to build what Gon wants and the players get into the Gon methods, and actual preseason! With a coach again

All depends on what FOSUN want, unfortunately. Hobbs wanted to bring in someone in January but FOSUN wouldn’t release the funds.

Back
Top Bottom