Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could it be that by any chance even slightly that he is keeping his options open?;):D
I think that is a fair assessment lol
As his contract doesnt run out till end of June he will make his decision well before then i would assume
His wages arent a problem i believe he is on around £35k a week,so its preference really as other clubs such as Celtic and Crystal Palace are being mooted in the rumours

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Going to be a busy summer! Already this morning I’ve read on various places that we need to get rid of Kilman, Doherty, Hwang, Chiquinho, Sarabia. They’ll all need replacing on top of the fact that we’re low on numbers as it is.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going to be a busy summer! Already this morning I’ve read on various places that we need to get rid of Kilman, Doherty, Hwang, Chiquinho, Sarabia. They’ll all need replacing on top of the fact that we’re low on numbers as it is.
Why would be getting rid of so many?

Forced to sell or a clear out? Seems a bit too radical on the back of a decent season.

Evolution not revolution. Typical trash talk from the press.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Why would be getting rid of so many?

Forced to sell or a clear out? Seems a bit too radical on the back of a decent season.

Evolution not revolution. Typical trash talk from the press.
Not so much the press as our own fans. Nothing like a couple of defeats to bring it out of people.

Personally I’d be doing everything to keep this whole squad together, bring in 2 or 3 quality additions and maybe add a couple of the loan players in too (Mosquera, Chiquinho).

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not so much the press as our own fans. Nothing like a couple of defeats to bring it out of people.

Personally I’d be doing everything to keep this whole squad together, bring in 2 or 3 quality additions and maybe add a couple of the loan players in too (Mosquera, Chiquinho).
Kilman maybe as for the others not really going to make much so what’s the point in selling?

Doc he’s good for the dressing room, really can’t see him leaving if I’m honest.

Sarabia same he’s part of the leadership group. Maybe a Saudi offer?

Kilman - if the right offer comes £40m then sell him!!

Chiquinho - worth keeping even as bench option, young enough to improve under Gary.

Hwang - depends on the offer over £35m have to take it. He brings in a lot of value from the Koreans I’d keep him.

People overreacting to a few losses so what we’ve got major injury crisis atm.

Sell list

Neto 60m
Kilman 40m
Podence 5m
Guedes 15m
Fabio 10m

£130m that’s enough for us to bring in 6 players to improve the squad balance

Last edited:

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Kilman maybe as for the others not really going to make much so what’s the point in selling?

Doc he’s good for the dressing room, really can’t see him leaving if I’m honest.

Sarabia same he’s part of the leadership group. Maybe a Saudi offer?

Kilman - if the right offer comes £40m then sell him!!

Chiquinho - worth keeping even as bench option, young enough to improve under Gary.

Hwang - depends on the offer over £35m have to take it. He brings in a lot of value from the Koreans I’d keep him.

People overreacting to a few losses so what we’ve got major injury crisis atm.

Sell list

Neto 60m
Kilman 40m
Podence 5m
Guedes 15m
Fabio 10m

£130m that’s enough for us to bring in 6 players to improve the squad balance
Nobody is buying Kilman for more than £20m. He is a Premier League defender but nothing more than a bottom half player. Tosin is better and he's on a free.

Likewise nobody is paying more than £15m for Hwang given he's broken a lot and he's limited technically.

I think you're right with the others though.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nobody is buying Kilman for more than £20m. He is a Premier League defender but nothing more than a bottom half player. Tosin is better and he's on a free.

Likewise nobody is paying more than £15m for Hwang given he's broken a lot and he's limited technically.

We should have taken the £35m from Napoli for Kilman.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto and any players out on loan are the only ones we should be selling. We’ve got a good core, no need to break that up, we just need 3 or 4 additions to that. Kilman is a strange one, I like him but he is extremely passive sometimes.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto and any players out on loan are the only ones we should be selling. We’ve got a good core, no need to break that up, we just need 3 or 4 additions to that. Kilman is a strange one, I like him but he is extremely passive sometimes.
Keep what we have and add Chiquinho, Mosquera and Adams (or similar) and we’d have a strong squad with everyone back fit.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree about keeping the core...

For me we just need to sell as many of the loan players as possible, except Yerson.....Raise the money for a forward and a number 2 goalkeeper.....then bring in another forward on a free ... Che Adams , ihannacho....

Anything else then can depend upon selling Neto....

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Let’s see, for those prices for Kilman and Hwang represent low value and maybe worth keeping. We would have to replace them for less would be very difficult

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Let’s see, for those prices for Kilman and Hwang represent low value and maybe worth keeping. We would have to replace them for less would be very difficult
I think you could get Harwood-Belis for less than £20m and there will no doubt be free/ in last year of contract players for much less than that

Kilman is 27 next season and in his prime. He's not going to improve much more if at all and we have Mosquera coming back so the opportunity to sell Kilman for a good price is diminishing.

I agree with you on Hwang. I would keep him as when he's on form and fit he's a good striker. But that perfect window is hard for him to maintain hence his value.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If guedes and mosquera play well until the end of the season we could generate quite a lot of money when we sell them.
Allied to podence and fabio money we could be talking 45 million. I call that a good start.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If mosquera is going to play he has to extend his contract.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't want a repeat of stoke here. Sell him.

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
If Forest go down not sure how much it would cost to get Chris Wood? Premier proven and big, mobile and scores goals. Unsure if he fits GONs system. Otherwise I would be happy with Che Adams and Danny Welbeck.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Forest go down not sure how much it would cost to get Chris Wood? Premier proven and big, mobile and scores goals. Unsure if he fits GONs system. Otherwise I would be happy with Che Adams and Danny Welbeck.
Wood and wellbeck are too old imo.

Plus wellbeck is another fairly injury prone one I think?

Adams would be good as a safe bet, then perhaps take a bit of a punt on one of the foreign lads we’ve been linked to.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Max is average tbh , sell for 30 mill then get Tosin .

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would definitely sell Kilman if we got a decent bid. It seems he needs Dawson to hold his hand and I'm not sure we'll squeeze another season out of him as a starter.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wood and wellbeck are too old imo.

Plus wellbeck is another fairly injury prone one I think?

Adams would be good as a safe bet, then perhaps take a bit of a punt on one of the foreign lads we’ve been linked to.
I certainly wouldn't want Che Adams as my main striker in the PL. In the squad perhaps....

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I certainly wouldn't want Che Adams as my main striker in the PL. In the squad perhaps....
Not in an ideal situation.

But we have been good this season, and I think Adams probably improves us. Get Cunha and Neto either side of him and he may produce.
It would surely be better than one of the kids or Bellegarde as a false 9?
He’d probably be a similar standard to playing Hwang as a 9, but with slightly different attributes.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As per previous windows, I think we can extract Matt Hobbs to announce we are looking to bring one or two in, need to be sensible, got to fit in with club ethos etc. And as per previous windows we’ll be scratching around for potential signings as the new season kicks off.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not in an ideal situation.

But we have been good this season, and I think Adams probably improves us. Get Cunha and Neto either side of him and he may produce.
It would surely be better than one of the kids or Bellegarde as a false 9?
He’d probably be a similar standard to playing Hwang as a 9, but with slightly different attributes.
Adams improves us compared to no recognised striker l agree. The Hwang comparison is an interesting one given that in truth he's had one really good three month spell for us but been rather meh otherwise.

Rabid Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As per previous windows, I think we can extract Matt Hobbs to announce we are looking to bring one or two in, need to be sensible, got to fit in with club ethos etc. And as per previous windows we’ll be scratching around for potential signings as the new season kicks off.
Also saying GON prefers a small squad.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon Mosquera comes back in, possibly Chiquinho, a free or two and then we reinvest half of whatever we can bring in.I don’t think it will be a hugely exciting summer tbqh. Most of the speculation will be on sales

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First two out the door for me are Neto and Hwang
For how often they play they won’t be missed
Hopefully get around £60million for them
Then I’d get rid of Kilman , Chiquinho , Podence , Guedes , Sarabia
Loan out Chirewa , Chiwome and Fraser.
Surely that generates enough cash to get two strikers , a winger , a defender ?
Hope we get business done early as we will need to bed new players on for the assault on 13th place next season

Back
Top Bottom