Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Villa verdict

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just home, haven't read other posts, will do. I don't often post after a game, but I mostly enjoy reading others' views, but today I'm posting because I'm really proud of this team. We have players who are really skillful, players who are brave, players who give everything for eachother and the team. We have a young manager who's learning and who is very able, he's certainly won me round. We need a larger squad, for sure. With a fully fit Neto and Cuhna we win that game, without a shadow of a doubt.
I've always been a Wolves fan, it's been a main part of my life.
Today we lost to a team in 4th position: we could easily have won. But, regardless, I love these players and this team. Wolves ay we.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn’t watch so I can’t comment much. Sounds like RAN should of scored

Kilman could of blocked on of their goals?

Semedo played well

That’s all I took from reading about it.

Roll on Burnley

TelfordWolf

Reaction score
OK we're missing all our first choice attack. I get that. However, if Lemina up front wasn't the answer against Cov, how would it be the answer against Villa!!!!!? We all know he's better, we're better, with him and Gomes in midfield. Big **** up from GON, again! Having said that, RAN has to put that chance away. Put it away then worry about being offside, which he wasn't. Their first goal - no complaints. Their second goal, lucky to say the least. We've had a good run against them, so **** it.
How do you fit Gomes, Doyle and Lemina in the team? They’ve all got to play at the moment with zero depth. Playing them all centrally q wouldn’t work either.

Vtrpres

Groupie
Reaction score
I was poo poo ed when I said we would finish 15th with this squad.
It has to be said kids or not four or five of the 11 we finished up with today are not Premiership players,
I thought Villa were mediocre today and Emeri knows it.
RAN should have buried it and Doc the old man had the only other chance.
So poor defensively today for me. The atteck cant be poor because we havent got an attack.

Last edited:

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
One thing I didn’t understand from their second goal and shows the lack of cohesiveness in our back line at the moment was Toti running to the player with the ball even though Bueno was there and then pointing to the runner rather than blocking the space himself!…it meant Bueno then having to go which was too late and Toti in effect doing nothing!

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
a little reminder how far we have come.... disclaimer the following image may offend ..lol

View attachment 41508
tumblr_nwy7e2eNHP1s9a9yjo1_250.gif

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
About what was expected given the state of play. Fosun have a lot to answer for for this shambolic small squad

At least we'll win the FFP Cup..

Joking aside I do accept the need to get our house in order to comply but dear me its left this squad paper thin and we're now paying the price.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Played well in parts. Our kid centre forward made some good runs in the first half on the shoulder of the defender but no one would pass to him.

Fairly even game.. We were getting back into it at the beginning of the 2nd half and the pressing was better. Unfortunately they fluked a goal.

Can't believe Villa are 4th. They look average to me considering we didn't have a forward line.

Need to beat Burnley on Tuesday. Hopefully Cunha will be back.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Five players missing, two possibly for the season. This is no longer a side that can compete with much of this league and we will slide down the table as a result.

Still been a brilliant season with many highs and lots of wonderful football.

Had us to lose 3-0 and think that we will lose or draw most of our remaining games. Again, still been a brilliant season with many highs and lots of wonderful football.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't see the point about moaning about the same thing every time we lose a game.

We all know our squad is short, that Shi ****ed up and that Lopetegui is a spineless ****. had a beer, still true

The summer is the time to judge, Hobbs has control now I hope rather than Shi which should lead to more sustainable management going forward.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I don't see the point about moaning about the same thing every time we lose a game.

We all know our squad is short, that Shi ****ed up and that Lopetegui is a spineless ****. had a beer, still true

The summer is the time to judge, Hobbs has control now I hope rather than Shi which should lead to more sustainable management going forward.
Much as I try to resist your endless jibes, Lopetegui identified the problem we're moaning about every time and left because Shi wouldn't sort it. Yes O'Neil has done a great job with the players we had, but he's also been left horribly short of a squad in just the way predicted. Anyway - we've all moved on!

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much as I try to resist your endless jibes, Lopetegui identified the problem we're moaning about every time and left because Shi wouldn't sort it. Yes O'Neil has done a great job with the players we had, but he's also been left horribly short of a squad in just the way predicted. Anyway - we've all moved on!
And I apologise to you for that, I respect you as a poster a lot, seeing him pimp himself sickened me though and I will never let that go.

Sadly the impact of mismanagement takes years to sort. We couldn't simply remedy it.

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought we were the better team until they luckily got the second. Clearly we have no cutting edge upfront, but if RAN hadn't missed that sitter things could of been very different.

The first goal was poor with a weak clearance and no blockers flying in.

I don't understand why we play Lemina the way we do at the moment. Better to keep him in midfield. The kids we bring in ain't ready, would of prefered RAN and Sarabia floating around up from with Bueno at FB..... IMHO.

The referee killed the game for us after they got the second. Endless stoppages with associated time wasting and falling for the feigning of pushes from behind ad nauseum. Is there a decent ref in the premier league?

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First half better side, should have been ahead. Second half largely toothless. As I put in Comms Thread have to remember we are playing our 10th striker up top. Let me repeat that 10th!

In no particular order

Cunha, Neto, Hwang, Sarabia (played), Silva, Sasa, Bellegarde, Guedes, Podence

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
And I apologise to you for that, I respect you as a poster a lot, seeing him pimp himself sickened me though and I will never let that go.

Sadly the impact of mismanagement takes years to sort. We couldn't simply remedy it.
Likewise. It's true enough, much as disliking Lage and Shi is the fashion, for me Sellars is far and away the biggest issue (obviously you could argue Shi for appointing and listening to him), but I do have faith in Hobbs to sort it out given time. Everything on the recruitment and sales side has been as good as could be expected on the budget since he took over.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate losing to them lot i really do but trying to stay calm because I think we did ok on the whole considering… Things to take from today…
1. Lemina is not a left winger and we need him in the middle!
2. Doyle starts games superbly but then fades as the game progresses.
3. We lack our leader at the back and as a result look so shakey as a defensive unit.
4. Unfortunately our kids look exactly that in the best league in the world.
5. We miss the pace of Neto and Cunha so much in the transition and up top.
6. We all knew this would happen not signing a 9 in January.
7. GON obviously doesn’t fancy Noha yet.
Positives I would take away from are…
1. We only lost to a worldie and a miss hit cross.
2. Santi looks better game by game.
3. We bossed the first 20 of each half.
4. Pitbull was Pitbull!
5. Ait Nouri class at times but had to score!

Gonna take a few days to get over but on to the next! Just please play Mario in the middle Gaz!
Two more positives to add - Chiwome looks and moves like an athlete and Traore fitted in well when he came on

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
In the circumstances we had probably as good a go as we could. Ait Nouri has to score that chance at 0-0. Their two goals were quite fortunate for different reasons. I think we’re actually a better side than a lot of us realise, especially with everyone fit.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First half better side, should have been ahead. Second half largely toothless. As I put in Comms Thread have to remember we are playing our 10th striker up top. Let me repeat that 10th!

In no particular order

Cunha, Neto, Hwang, Sarabia (played), Silva, Sasa, Bellegarde, Guedes, Podence
eleventh, you forgot Fraser

JJ59

Reaction score
Dear Mr Hobbs,
Tonight you have seen a performance that owes much to the absence of out top quality players. So never mind that other clubs are ready to buy them we need them. Stating that sales will be made gives the wrong message to our players and invites the vultures to start circling. It also sends a dreadful message to our manager who is having to work without the talent he needs. Compare the benches tonight......

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A few times chiwome was pointing to where he wanted the ball played and was ignored. The senior players tended to pass to one another. I noticed this a lot in the Coventry game too where ait nouri and sarabia wouldn't pass the ball to Nathan Fraser.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No blame to any of the players or coaches tonight. Blame poor squad management over several windows to be in the situation we are where we have no cover for 3 attacking players whatsoever. Poor stuff Mr Shi.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's going to be a rather demoralising run in, and the coaching and playing staff won't be to blame. You just can't expect to consistently compete at such a high level with our severe lack of attacking options.

When will Shi finally be held accountable for the numerous **** ups he's made since Nuno's last season? It's been error after error. The club needs fresh direction from the top.

Well said mate.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to say I cant see anything but a defeat against Burnley as well as we have no attack left due to having no squad depth. It is massively frustrating after what quite a few of us were warning about in January but in some cases got belittled for daring to criticise.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree on how far we have come but will those people agree that Villa have overtaken us and the likes of Newcastle and West Ham who were below us a few seasons ago.

So what gone wrong is my question and that answer for me is our owners lack of ideas on how to move us forward. The strategy for seasons is wrong but Gou keeps Shi in charge when he is like a toddler in the deep end without armbands .

To not sign a striker in 3 windows is a ****ing disgrace

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I look at Fofana who went to Burnley on loan. Why didnt we even try for that? The January window was a shambles and has wrecked a potentially very good season. Two loans of the standard of the above player would have done but they left ONeil with a weaker squad and the smallest in the league when the window shut. So poor.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cast your mind back to the first game of last season at Leeds. I remember people freaking out that we had a bench with five academy kids on it (Chem Campbell got 10 minutes off the bench). Today, we had basically the same thing but with an academy kid getting 85 minutes from the start, and Chirewa getting 20 off the bench. The situation is becoming normalised.

Judging by the state of our squad, we're going to need 5 players+ just to avoid this situation again next season, and that's before we broach the topic of losing players like Neto and RAN. Never going to happen - people who think Gary is going to get any sort of substantial backing have their heads in the clouds. Not with Shi in charge.

No chance with Shi still here.

Back
Top Bottom