Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Aston Villa v Wolves comms thread.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
No blame to any player that’s played. The ownership tho **** me. We’ve loaned out 2 strikers in Jan better than those still currently playing it’s ****ing madness.

Simple as that. Players gave everything and played some nice stuff at times. But just no real threat. Gary asked for 2 forwards, we didn’t / couldn’t deliver and it’s ultimately costing us a couple of fantastic opportunities.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the application of the players and manager….

“we’re safe. We won’t make Europe. And if we lose we can blame injuries and fosuns lack of investment”

Thats a local derby and they looked like they did not give two ****s. From O’Neil down.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Utterly predictable. O'Neil and the team threw in the towel after their flukey second.
I thought Villa were pretty crap.

Makes me angry to think how poor our transfer activity has been to leave us so threadbare. Cunha surely back v Burnley- we won't win another game without him.

All in all boring and with our loss of forwards and Ait Nouri not played as an attacker out wide we offered nothing and deservedly got nothing. Lemina as some kind of a forward a hopeless decision imv.

Finally,Kilman must be relieved of captaincy. He has as much charisma and fire as a wet lettuce. Lemina is the obvious candidate for that role.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure why someone’s laughing at this post, it’s ****ing painful the situation we’re in right now. Just been brushed aside by Villa as easy as we did the baggies, men against boys, gutting.

Yeah, sure. **** me some of the comments on here are utter crap. Thank **** we have people in charge who have a little more hope than many of those posting on here since Villa scored. ****ing pathetic. You’re not the only one, so nothing personal, I could’ve picked one of many.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, sure. **** me some of the comments on here are utter crap. Thank **** we have people in charge who have a little more hope than many of those posting on here since Villa scored. ****ing pathetic. You’re not the only one, so nothing personal, I could’ve picked one of many.
So our squad has been well managed over the past 3/4 years?

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fosun don't buy the players? They stumped up enough millions of pounds...it was others who made the recruitment decisions.

Name one other club that emerged from mid-Championship, got to 7th and then *improved* on it..this century. The higher you get, the harder (and more expensive ) it is to improve. Others soar up, then fall away far quicker than we have done.
We’ve had 3 transfer windows since the penny finally dropped that barely casting our net wider than Portugal wasn’t giving us the right type of player for this league. Look at the value for money we got from Lemina Gomes Dawson and Cunha from the Jan 2023 transfer window. Doyle was another absolute steal in the summer 2023 window and even sweeter that we somehow made a profit on Nunes. Jan 2024 we still had to tread a fine line to avoid an ffp points deduction and hopefully simmer 2024 we can ship a few out to strengthen the squad further. JL did fantastic to steer us away from relegation last season and GON has exceeded that achievement to have us safe by mid March this season.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So our squad has been well managed over the past 3/4 years?

Mate, just give it a rest. We lost. None of us like it, me included, but some of us have a little more objectivity. We played well for much of the game, and despite those injuries and thin squad, had the better of Villa away in the top four, for large parts of the game. Villa scored a worldie and a ****ing lucky goal. We missed at least two sitters. Stats are pretty even, but the luck wasn’t with us. **** happens.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He had sight of it mate, they showed one angle that suggest very very strongly he wasn’t unsighted.

RAN’s miss was the miss of an LWB….. he only has what 3 goals in whole wolves career.

And equally low assists. Yet people keep saying we need to push him forward. What's the point of getting a player forward who can't finish or create? He's a technically gifted player, but I still don't think we've found the best role for him in the team.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such a predictable meltdown on here. Everyone throwing shades at each other after a defeat.

What about all those statements earlier in in the season: ‘Don’t blame the players or manager when the team are stretched too thin to compete’

Take a look and have a word

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such a predictable meltdown on here. Everyone throwing shades at each other after a defeat.

What about all those statements earlier in in the season: ‘Don’t blame the players or manager when the team are stretched too thin to compete’

Take a look and have a word
It’s always the same

Kilman is getting off lightly surprisingly. He usually get a bashing everytime we lose.

Nige

Reaction score
I remember scoffing at the thought of Kieffer Moore.. for 10 million Think I'd take Roger Moore at the moment.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ridiculous post when we are in a situation of playing kids, one of which was going on loan to Shrewsbury and now finds himself leading a line in a FA cup QF or PL. Jan was negligent in not bringing in a striker before we let 2 leave. Everyone knew it at time and it’s coming home to roost with unfortunate timing of all the injuries.

For the record I don’t blame any of the players.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s always the same

Kilman is getting off lightly surprisingly. He usually get a bashing everytime we lose.

Also Santi Bueno...not sure what he was doing for their second goal. Seen many times where defenders at all levels clear far harder chances off the line. I know we always have to give players time. But at the moment, he hasn't looked very good, while looking very limited.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah. But I have limited sympathy when two of our forwards are incredibly injury-prone.

Anyway, it’s been done to death. Everyone knows and accepts the club got it badly wrong.
Everyone, judging by past precedent, except one Jeff Shi.....

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are where we are. Not going down. Not making Europe. It’s up to Fosun where we go now . Don’t hold your breath

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
was thinking the same tbh..and this must be souring mario's relationship with the club also
I don't imagine being played out of position (ironically in his brother's position) and looking poor as a result exactly pleases Mario either.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ridiculous post when we are in a situation of playing kids, one of which was going on loan to Shrewsbury and now finds himself leading a line in a FA cup QF or PL. Jan was negligent in not bringing in a striker before we let 2 leave. Everyone knew it at time and it’s coming home to roost with unfortunate timing of all the injuries.

For the record I don’t blame any of the players.

No more ridiculous than the Chicken Little crap spouted following Villa’s first goal. Nothing new of course, but luckily it’s been largely MIA for much of this season.

For the record mate, my handle was “Fosun Out” for about a year from the summer when we failed to sack that idiot Lage, through the following season, and through the first part of this season. I only changed it when PGMOL decided to enact their own points deduction on us. I acknowledged the need for the massive summer sale only when the financial data became clear during this season, and the EPL finallly decided to enforce their stupid PSR rules.

As for January - neither of those two would have made any difference to situation now. One would have been no more effective than Fraser, and the other would have been injured. The fact we didn’t sign one is down to what was available and what little financial headroom we had to play with.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the application of the players and manager….

“we’re safe. We won’t make Europe. And if we lose we can blame injuries and fosuns lack of investment”

Thats a local derby and they looked like they did not give two ****s. From O’Neil down.
Who said this?

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We kept trying & played quite well. Villa were lucky that the challenges fell to them so often in midfield

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
.... and doubtless the club's propaganda machine would do a Nuno/Lage/JL (delete as appropriate) style hatchet job on him which would be lapped up by some on here....

Jeff wouldn’t get away with the same “anonymous source” like he did with the others.

GON is too well known and loved by sky and their pundits, same with TNT.

Let’s not forget he did a few shows on talk sport before he got our job!!

Jeff won’t be able to re-print the copy and paste hatchet job article he has done before……..

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate, just give it a rest. We lost. None of us like it, me included, but some of us have a little more objectivity. We played well for much of the game, and despite those injuries and thin squad, had the better of Villa away in the top four, for large parts of the game. Villa scored a worldie and a ****ing lucky goal. We missed at least two sitters. Stats are pretty even, but the luck wasn’t with us. **** happens.
Not remotely what I asked but crack on.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff wouldn’t get away with the same “anonymous source” like he did with the others.

GON is too well known and loved by sky and their pundits, same with TNT.

Let’s not forget he did a few shows on talk sport before he got our job!!

Jeff won’t be able to re-print the copy and paste hatchet job article he has done before……..
He's arrogant enough to try....

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember scoffing at the thought of Kieffer Moore.. for 10 million Think I'd take Roger Moore at the moment.
He's six feet under mate so might be a struggle

Back
Top Bottom