Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leon Chiwome

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I played at villa park about 12 years ago for a vets team in a charity game...we lost 3-2 , it was my fault the one goal we let in......
Ha I can top trumps that. I played in one at the hawthornes against an “all star” baggies team (didn’t know they had any tbh). I was marking Richard Sneekes and hit him that late in the first minute that I think I arrived at half time. Picked himself up, looked very annoyed and said “definitely wolves” at me. I learned a valuable lesson to never upset an ex pro, he ran me into the absolute floor until the 60th minute when I had to come off. He megged me time and time again, would beat me for fun then turn back and beat me again, think he got 4 goals in the first half. What should have been a nice kick around ended up in humiliation and my mates have never let me live it down.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha I can top trumps that. I played in one at the hawthornes against an “all star” baggies team (didn’t know they had any tbh). I was marking Richard Sneekes and hit him that late in the first minute that I think I arrived at half time. Picked himself up, looked very annoyed and said “definitely wolves” at me. I learned a valuable lesson to never upset an ex pro, he ran me into the absolute floor until the 60th minute when I had to come off. He megged me time and time again, would beat me for fun then turn back and beat me again, think he got 4 goals in the first half. What should have been a nice kick around ended up in humiliation and my mates have never let me live it down.
Should have broke his legs....

Talking about mates never letting ya live somat down.....title decide, local pub derby, last game of the season many moons ago....Sunday league .....we needed to win for the league a draw did the other team....90 mins gone 1-1......we get a corner.....off I go to get up for the corner, could see me name in lights .....Me gaffer shouts "stop back, you stop back".....No No No I scream I'm gonna get the winner......

So I stop back....keeper catches the ball....lumps it up field....there's only me back ....do I head it or no I decide to let it bounce bring it down...miss controls it .....bloke takes it off me , races from the half way line and slots it in the top corner.....title race is over......

The whole team starring at me and the gaffer....I told ya I should have gone up for the corner ...never lived it down.......

Last edited:

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should have broke his legs....

Talking about mates never letting ya live somat down.....title decider last game of the season many moons ago....Sunday league .....we needed to win for the league a draw did the other team....90 mins gone 1-1......we get a corner.....off I go to get up for the corner, could see me name in lights .....Me gaffer shouts "stop back, you stop back".....No No No I scream I'm gonna get the winner......

So I stop back....keeper catches the ball....lumps it up field....there's only me back ....do I head it or no I decide to let it bounce bring it down...miss controls it .....bloke takes it off me , races from the half way line and slots it in the top corner.....title race is over......

The whole team starring at me and the gaffer....I told ya I should have gone up for the corner ...never lived it down.......
I never got close enough to him after that first tackle to do that!

I played left back for the same Sunday team for 15 years, never scored a single goal. We won the league in my final season, told the lads I was done (35 I think), last game in the 88th minute we got a penalty. Ball was thrust in my hands to take it. Stepped up and I believe the ball is still in orbit over Cradley somewhere 10 years later. I was in Amsterdam this weekend on a stag, it was even brought up then!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never got close enough to him after that first tackle to do that!

I played left back for the same Sunday team for 15 years, never scored a single goal. We won the league in my final season, told the lads I was done (35 I think), last game in the 88th minute we got a penalty. Ball was thrust in my hands to take it. Stepped up and I believe the ball is still in orbit over Cradley somewhere 10 years later. I was in Amsterdam this weekend on a stag, it was even brought up then!
Could talk football stories all day...used to love it....just a shame age catches up with you....

I say to the young lads at work when they say I can't be bothered to play Sunday or Saturday make sure you do cause there will come a time ya can't and it will get ya down.,......

Last edited:

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could talk football stories all day...used to love it....just a shame age catches up with you....

I say to the young lads at work when they say I can't be bothered to play Sunday or Saturday I say make sure you do cause there will come a time ya can't and it will get ya down.,......
I played on in a local veterans over 35 league for a few seasons afterwards but that was a ridiculously good level (played against Jude Bellingham’s dad, Lee Hendrie and Lee Carsley). A few of my pals still play in that league and I go and watch occasionally, loads of good ex pros.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I played on in a local veterans over 35 league for a few seasons afterwards but that was a ridiculously good level (played against Jude Bellingham’s dad, Lee Hendrie and Lee Carsley). A few of my pals still play in that league and I go and watch occasionally, loads of good ex pros.
My knee couldn't take veterans football...

Joking aside a mates dad was on telly the other day ..playing walking football.....he is 92...... unbelievable....I seen him the other day , he said I scored 15 last week....I said it cause yam cheating....on the telly ya was the only one running...92... unbelievable....

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My knee couldn't take veterans football...

Joking aside a mates dad was on telly the other day ..playing walking football.....he is 92...... unbelievable....I seen him the other day , he said I scored 15 last week....I said it cause yam cheating....on the telly ya was the only one running...92... unbelievable....
I think we’re all in the same boat pal. At one point we had a squad of 30 training on a Wednesday but come to Friday night for a game we’d be lucky to have 14 as so many had all sorts of injuries. My best pal is 44 and still trying to play, he’s super fit running every single day and lifting heavy but can play about 1 in 4 games as there’s a constant niggle. I’m reasonably fit now but the twisting and turning absolutely killed my knees in football. Doc’s told me I’ve got the start of arthritis in both knees, sent me for scans and I quote “your knees are in a terrible state”

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It doesn’t really work like that mate, when you get paid to play for one club and you spent years at another club, it doesn’t feel like playing another game by the time you play the club you grew up supporting
I get that but his first game against them maybe better off the bench maybe it’s just me but I could never play against Wolves no matter what

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get that but his first game against them maybe better off the bench maybe it’s just me but I could never play against Wolves no matter what
That’s the fan in you though. I hate those Tesco lot down the road but if someone wanted to pay me £20 grand a week to play for them, I wouldn’t care less about scoring against Wolves.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we’re all in the same boat pal. At one point we had a squad of 30 training on a Wednesday but come to Friday night for a game we’d be lucky to have 14 as so many had all sorts of injuries. My best pal is 44 and still trying to play, he’s super fit running every single day and lifting heavy but can play about 1 in 4 games as there’s a constant niggle. I’m reasonably fit now but the twisting and turning absolutely killed my knees in football. Doc’s told me I’ve got the start of arthritis in both knees, sent me for scans and I quote “your knees are in a terrible state”
I'm 52.... probably the fittest I have been for 20 years....all gym training different things etc.....but couldn't take the twisting n turning on me knees from football.....if I manage them they are sound but I'm not daft....not just from playing football me knees took a battering....used to think I was Evil kinevel on me BMX in the early 80s..... ..that didn't help ...

Last edited:

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I stopped playing Hockey a few years ago because of similar reasons. I do Crossfit now as its predictable motion so reduces the chance of injury. Although having said that I'm currently hobbling around with achilles tendinitis :sweatsmile:

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I stopped playing Hockey a few years ago because of similar reasons. I do Crossfit now as its predictable motion so reduces the chance of injury. Although having said that I'm currently hobbling around with achilles tendinitis :sweatsmile:
Yeah anything I do in the gym or out of it is very much “straight line”. I can easily knock out 5-10k on a treadmill but had a kick about few weeks back in a “dads v lads” for my 15 year old lads football team. Was easily one of the fittest dads but could barely walk the next day.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah anything I do in the gym or out of it is very much “straight line”. I can easily knock out 5-10k on a treadmill but had a kick about few weeks back in a “dads v lads” for my 15 year old lads football team. Was easily one of the fittest dads but could barely walk the next day.
You stop bouncing/stretching and start breaking when you get past 40! I'm actually fitter now than I was when I was playing Hockey, but would be confined to a chair for days if I tried playing that or football now!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The hottest seats in HELL are reserved for those who can play footy but don’t.

Two years ago at 68, was playing 7 a-side twice a week and would climb 250 steps in the park 3 times a week, until, one day, without warning, a nerve in my back made my left leg painful and so had to quit.
Was sure I’d be playing to some extent til I 80…..walking soccer.

So, don’t quit until you absolutely must.

“ Do not go quietly into that etc.”

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’ve started playing walking football to aid my recovery from a torn calf - it’s good fun

Reactions: Ian
Back
Top Bottom