Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s no justification for going on strike. What happens if we sign him and he wants another move does he go on strike again? Look how the club dealt with the rat Nunes they certainly won’t want another player with that attitude.
All I’m saying is there could be facts at play that we’re not aware of.
(I actually did temper my disgust at Nunes by saying the same thing)

Also I’m sure man city are diligent in who they sign, didn’t stop them going ahead with Nunes…

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All I’m saying is there could be facts at play that we’re not aware of.
(I actually did temper my disgust at Nunes by saying the same thing)

Also I’m sure man city are diligent in who they sign, didn’t stop them going ahead with Nunes…
Nunes hadn’t thrown his toys out of the pram when City were first after him.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still in for Che Adams according to Telegraph. I actually think he would do ok here with the way we play as a squad player.
I think we will look at a certain level championship striker to provide a bit of back for a main number 9......might not be a top player but someone that will bridge the gap between first choice and kids.....josh Sargent type....but equally if Che Adams is free it will make sense

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Say if we signed Dia & Adams for absolutely nothing you’ve got two decent ish strikers for nothing. Which in todays market would be incredible really. Even Adams would come in handy. To prevent situations like this one.

Good to know we are working on things. Being ahead of the game..

Sasa will be on the injury table
Guedes probably off same for Fabio. Therefore 2 strikers would be about right.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know Adams isnt everyones choice but we will be dealing in the bargain basement again this summer
On a free he is still a decent option,certainly for a squad player
We will need 4/5 players is my guess so anything decent on a free has got to be good,so we can get better quality elsewhere

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I said the other night the 2 Brazil players we should watch where the keeper and the centre back as both of them were still playing in Brazil...and were both a good age....

Some absolute bargains to be had from South America no doubt every other club is also looking at the market.

It used to be Benfica/Porto/Sporting acting as middlemen for European teams sign a brazalian for a few million and sell to other teams for a huge profit now the middleman has been cut out.

I think Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay will produce talents consistently the trouble is it will become a very crowded market will have to act fast.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Che Adams will more than do as a squad option for a grand fee of £0.

Not sure what some people expect (more social media than on here). We could've done with him this season, that's for sure!

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Been said by a lot of others here, but Adams on a free is fantastic. Decent forward and a good squad option, given our injury crisis this season I cannot complain at all. I think he would do well for us.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some absolute bargains to be had from South America no doubt every other club is also looking at the market.

It used to be Benfica/Porto/Sporting acting as middlemen for European teams sign a brazalian for a few million and sell to other teams for a huge profit now the middleman has been cut out.

I think Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay will produce talents consistently the trouble is it will become a very crowded market will have to act fast.
Yes agree but surely with the success of Cunha and particularly Gomes we must be seen currently as a good option for these type of players....young kids or decent squad players for a fraction of the cost of other markets ...

Would definitely be looking to add another Brazilian this summer ...

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Yes agree but surely with the success of Cunha and particularly Gomes we must be seen currently as a good option for these type of players....young kids or decent squad players for a fraction of the cost of other markets ...
If I'm reading this right, you think agents and the like will be telling young South American and European talents to consider a move to us? Everyone's happy in that scenario, especially if we can start to keep hold of a few and build around them. The conveyer belt method of transfers is fine as long as we actually keep the spine of a team!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I'm reading this right, you think agents and the like will be telling young South American and European talents to consider a move to us? Everyone's happy in that scenario, especially if we can start to keep hold of a few and build around them. The conveyer belt method of transfers is fine as long as we actually keep the spine of a team!
Yes because they can point to the success of João Gomes.....a club like wolves being a good stepping stone as such ....as someone said earlier that stepping stone used to be Benfica, Porto etc....

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Yes because they can point to the success of João Gomes.....a club like wolves being a good stepping stone as such ....as someone said earlier that stepping stone used to be Benfica, Porto etc....
Makes perfect sense, I'd love for this to happen and I think Fosun would like the £££ as well. If we can manage it properly and avoid a Southampton/Leicester that'd be great but it is easier said than done. Reminds me of my approach as Wolves boss on Football Manager- buy 'em for peanuts and sell 'em on for 60 - 80 million LOL! :tearsofjoy:

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes perfect sense, I'd love for this to happen and I think Fosun would like the £££ as well. If we can manage it properly and avoid a Southampton/Leicester that'd be great but it is easier said than done. Reminds me of my approach as Wolves boss on Football Manager- buy 'em for peanuts and sell 'em on for 60 - 80 million LOL! :tearsofjoy:
Word of advice, don't mention you have played football manager on a transfer thread....you will get it from all angles if you mention a player...,

I'm alright, never got past Pacman.....

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Word of advice, don't mention you have played football manager on a transfer thread....you will get it from all angles if you mention a player...,

I'm alright, never got past Pacman.....
Duly noted, cheers. Brought it up in a casual way before, as in "I had him on FM and he was good" sort of thing and I was OK! Of course using a player on a video game doesn't mean I am able to predict how he would do for us on real life, there are people that think that and I believe they're just a bit too immersed in the game!

Can Pacman play Centre Forward?

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Duly noted, cheers. Brought it up in a casual way before, as in "I had him on FM and he was good" sort of thing and I was OK! Of course using a player on a video game doesn't mean I am able to predict how he would do for us on real life, there are people that think that and I believe they're just a bit too immersed in the game!

Can Pacman play Centre Forward?

Tbf FM is used as a scouting tool nowadays,

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Tbf FM is used as a scouting tool nowadays,
Yeah it is, I was reading about that the other week. Don't quote me on it but I think the specifics are that the data the developers use to make player profiles are used in some high profile scouting software? Very cool to be honest. I've been toying with the idea of sending them my CV and seeing if I can get involved as an analyst for Wolves.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
So it's football manager fault "we aye got no forwards then".........it's always somat on that i pad aye it.....
Bet Gary's loading up the game right now and forming a shortlist with Hobbs...

"Oi Hobbsy mate look at this 17 year old Serbian who's just scored against Arsenal for me, ring up Jeff will ya?" :p

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Adams on a free would be great business. He can play anywhere across our front three. Versatile backup that frees up more funds to go for more of a marquee signing striker.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bet Gary's loading up the game right now and forming a shortlist with Hobbs...

"Oi Hobbsy mate look at this 17 year old Serbian who's just scored against Arsenal for me, ring up Jeff will ya?" :p
Be a bit of a wait if they have to load up Pacman on the commodore.... especially if you have a dodgy copy on tape...

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Be a bit of a weight if they have to load up Pacman on the commodore.... especially if you have a dodgy copy on tape...
First time I went on a plane they had Pacman on the little telly thing. Nine hour flight to America. Poor old mother was sick of it and to be fair I haven't played it since!

I think Adams on a free would be great business. He can play anywhere across our front three. Versatile backup that frees up more funds to go for more of a marquee signing striker.
No real risk when it comes to free signings. He offers very good cover and, as you said, enables us to spend more on a starting #9 which we do need. Not every signing has to break the bank or be a worldwide news piece, I think this would be a very sensible move from the club that a lot of us seem to be behind.

Back
Top Bottom