Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Arsenal (H)

Reaction score
Sadly, the paying spectators who attend games in the grounds themselves are way down the list of priorities nowadays. This applies to kick-off times and, also, to VAR.

The former are, largely, dictated by the needs of the TV companies and it is the price that is paid for the fortunes that the PL clubs receive each year. The deal has already been made with the devil and there's not going back now. I'm local so, whilst not always convenient, it is not a major issue for me but I do feel for those who have to travel from further afield.

Those of us inside the grounds are, also, the ones often kept in the dark whenever VAR is in use whilst those watching on TV are kept informed as to what potential offence is being looked at and get to see replays. We get none of this in the ground other than a one line 'VAR checking...........'
Again, I think VAR was introduced to benefit the TV companies

I understand the importance of the TV revenues and, therefore, why matches get moved for live screening but, as ticket revenue is now becoming more and more less important, it would be nice to see clubs recognise this and reduce prices for those attending.

We saw during Covid just how important fans are to the game but that's seems to be forgotten these days!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Sadly, the paying spectators who attend games in the grounds themselves are way down the list of priorities nowadays. This applies to kick-off times and, also, to VAR.

The former are, largely, dictated by the needs of the TV companies and it is the price that is paid for the fortunes that the PL clubs receive each year. The deal has already been made with the devil and there's not going back now. I'm local so, whilst not always convenient, it is not a major issue for me but I do feel for those who have to travel from further afield.

Those of us inside the grounds are, also, the ones often kept in the dark whenever VAR is in use whilst those watching on TV are kept informed as to what potential offence is being looked at and get to see replays. We get none of this in the ground other than a one line 'VAR checking...........'
Again, I think VAR was introduced to benefit the TV companies

I understand the importance of the TV revenues and, therefore, why matches get moved for live screening but, as ticket revenue is now becoming more and more less important, it would be nice to see clubs recognise this and reduce prices for those attending.

We saw during Covid just how important fans are to the game but that's seems to be forgotten these days!
Makes me laugh (sort of) when you've been standing watching the ref with his finger in his ear for 2 minutes before they helpfully tell you on the screen that there's a VAR check!

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are right. There should be minimum of eight, 3PM K.O per season per club.

Unfortunately next season I think they are making every game apart from 3pm available for TV? Includes Friday night sat night and Sunday night games more frequently I think?

Var use for corners and throw ins.

They choose money over fans. Really bad when you think about it
I thought this was referring to now broadcasting the games that aren't moved solely for TV purposes (post European fixtures and other reasons) and assume they'd just be via the "red button".

It will give an advantage to anyone who does qualify for the EL or ECL as you'll get more payments, about £1m per game, from the PL for being on "TV"

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought this was referring to now broadcasting the games that aren't moved solely for TV purposes (post European fixtures and other reasons) and assume they'd just be via the "red button".

It will give an advantage to anyone who does qualify for the EL or ECL as you'll get more payments, about £1m per game, from the PL for being on "TV"

So the gap really gets bigger not smaller. Interesting

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I thought each club had to be on tv an agreed number of times

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Booked my flights fr
On Ireland 2days ago for Arsenal game, on basis that match won’t be changed 4-5 weeks beforehand ( Premier League guidelines say 5 weeks). More air fares wasted.
If the TV games haven’t been announced then there’s a possibility the game will be moved.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Booked my flights fr
On Ireland 2days ago for Arsenal game, on basis that match won’t be changed 4-5 weeks beforehand ( Premier League guidelines say 5 weeks). More air fares wasted.
Sorry to hear this Des.
I’m going to West Ham match but the flights were booked in January and it’s a case of keeping fingers crossed thereafter.
Luckily WHU have a Europa match on the following Tuesday so thankfully our game with them was left as a traditional 3pm ko on Saturday

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the TV games haven’t been announced then there’s a possibility the game will be moved.
Hang on, I thought it had already been changed to 7.30 and is now set in stone? Can it be changed again?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Hang on, I thought it had already been changed to 7.30 and is now set in stone? Can it be changed again?
Thing was no TV games had been announced for the weekend as they were waiting for the quarter finals, and then still took a few more days, so it was very likely. Sympathise with anyone who made plans nonetheless.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After trying the app and two web browsers, and having to restart each a couple times, I finally grabbed my ticket for this one- whew! Not cheap is it!

I went to the Ramsdale celebration match under the lights a couple years ago- after this one I’ll have seen Arsenal live more than 99% of their fans this side of the pond without really trying, just worked out this way. Give us a goal this time though!

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Asking for a mate … does anyone have 3 tickets available for this game (together)?

Back
Top Bottom