Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Article reaffirms my point about mosquera defintiely in first team and gary lined him up so

guedes and podence up in the air, but more likely podence is off, although he was very liked by alot of players. so who knows, it was JL he fell out with
I think they’ll both be off and Gary just doesn’t want us to look desperate to offload them.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ratcliffe quoted as saying that "United don't want to buy Mbappe, they want to find the next Mbappe".
Does he not realise that has been their approach the last 10 years?
Et cetera et cetera.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i wonder if a chunk of Netos sale could be based on appearances - maybe 40-45m say as a base (i know it seems low but hear me out) and then 15m split say between certain appearances hit due to his injury record - what do people think?

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i wonder if a chunk of Netos sale could be based on appearances - maybe 40-45m say as a base (i know it seems low but hear me out) and then 15m split say between certain appearances hit due to his injury record - what do people think?

He’s broken his knee, then had two hamstring injuries in the same season.

His injury record isn’t concerning yet imo and we should hold out for 60m upfront , rising to 80 with appearances

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think they’ll both be off and Gary just doesn’t want us to look desperate to offload them.
I wouldn't be unhappy if GoN wanted to talk to both and show them his vision and how they fit in as he hasn't worked with either yet.

It may be that neither player wants to return to the club and they think they need to move for personal reasons in which case get as much as we can for them.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In a farmers league. I wouldn’t want him back he plays for himself rather than the team.
Podence has more than proved himself in the prem being our top scorers last year(I think), but his flailing around and diving really does put me off him. However if GON thinks he can work with him, and he produces I can just about live with that. Thing is he's likely to be squad fodder rather than a starter which might not sit well with him.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Podence may get a fresh start if the Greeks don’t want him. I liked him. Certainly done well on loan
The PL is tougher for the little guys. They have to work twice as hard. So unless you have speed and a heart of a horse you will always struggle. Simple physics.

Last edited:

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't be unhappy if GoN wanted to talk to both and show them his vision and how they fit in as he hasn't worked with either yet.

It may be that neither player wants to return to the club and they think they need to move for personal reasons in which case get as much as we can for them.
As Guedes gave the impression that he never wanted to come here in the first place I'd be amazed if he showed up at Compton again.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As some have mentioned, I wouldn’t be against giving a fresh start to players like Guedes and Podence if finances prove frustrating again. But it would have to be down to GON if he wants them at the club and then down to the players if they like what they hear. If either side is less than 100% then part ways.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope we sell Guedes for as much money as possible and we never see him here again. His 'performance' at Chelsea away was embarrassing. We are emerging from the post Nuno glory days, through the awful Lage/Lopetegui times, into a new era, with players who show genuine commitment and desire, as well as ability. I wouldn't mind Podence, although I'd hope he'd stop the histrionics, but Guedes? Him and Nunes were dreadful signings that almost cost the club dear.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Personally I think both players have value but I don't think either has their hearts set in being in Wolverhampton:

Guedes - doesn't want too be here, isn't suited to the Premier League and will be on high wages. For the fee and wages we could invest in better.

Podence - whilst I recognise he's done well for us in some darker days I genuinely feel he wouldn't suit our style of play, he tends to slow the game down and wants to drift wide and twist his fullback in knots before crossing the ball. Will not bring in a huge fee but his wages won't be unsubstantial.

Along with Silva there are three players there that aren't in the squad burning wages (I know they'll partly covered by their loans) and selling all three and bringing in one decent player is far more valuable to us. If you could get £40m plus for them and their wages off the books, gives us scope for a decentish CFwd

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boulaye dia's value has plummeted as he has hardly played this season and only scored a couple of goals.

Dia has shown tremendous commitment to joining Wolverhampton and even gone on strike; he is that desperate to join us.

Whereas Guedes did everything he could to leave, Dia begged for salernitana to allow him to leave on loan to us in January. We can't pass this opportunity up.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boulaye dia's value has plummeted as he has hardly played this season and only scored a couple of goals.

Dia has shown tremendous commitment to joining Wolverhampton and even gone on strike; he is that desperate to join us.

Whereas Guedes did everything he could to leave, Dia begged for salernitana to allow him to leave on loan to us in January. We can't pass this opportunity up.
Exactly this. We want players who want to be here surely. Not the Guedes type who only come for money. Earns over 100k per week. Any wonder the club want to move away from Mendes & his clients??

Last edited:

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not a chance we sign a player who’s gone on strike.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly, I don't get what part of when Percy said we had ended our interest in Dia in October some don't get.....just cause Dia had a rant and said he wanted a free , doesn't mean it will happen...

We made zero attempt in January...that should be enough for it to sink in...

Last edited:

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dia won’t pass the no ********* policy.

You might know a lot more than me about what went on between him and his club.
But there can be justification/mitigating circumstances for his actions.

(ie, he was promised when he signed that they wouldn’t stand in his way if better option came along)

I think it is a mistake for you to form such a strong opinion when you probably have a very small % of facts of the situation.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You might know a lot more than me about what went on between him and his club.
But there can be justification/mitigating circumstances for his actions.

(ie, he was promised when he signed that they wouldn’t stand in his way if better option came along)

I think it is a mistake for you to form such a strong opinion when you probably have a very small % of facts of the situation.
There’s no justification for going on strike. What happens if we sign him and he wants another move does he go on strike again? Look how the club dealt with the rat Nunes they certainly won’t want another player with that attitude.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I think both players have value but I don't think either has their hearts set in being in Wolverhampton:

Guedes - doesn't want too be here, isn't suited to the Premier League and will be on high wages. For the fee and wages we could invest in better.

Podence - whilst I recognise he's done well for us in some darker days I genuinely feel he wouldn't suit our style of play, he tends to slow the game down and wants to drift wide and twist his fullback in knots before crossing the ball. Will not bring in a huge fee but his wages won't be unsubstantial.

Along with Silva there are three players there that aren't in the squad burning wages (I know they'll partly covered by their loans) and selling all three and bringing in one decent player is far more valuable to us. If you could get £40m plus for them and their wages off the books, gives us scope for a decentish CFwd

Its up in the air if Guedes is suited to the premier league. He's shown glimpses he can do it, but him not wanting to be here is the problem. If that can be resolved, we have a good player, but i doubt it can.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People have watched Gomes for one game and think he’s going to the top level

I’d keep him unless we get 80 million as he is surely worth 80-100 in another 12 months

God it’s annoying being like Brighton
It is but that’s what happens when you start playing well. Every window will be the same players linked away. We will be fine

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
There’s no justification for going on strike. What happens if we sign him and he wants another move does he go on strike again? Look how the club dealt with the rat Nunes they certainly won’t want another player with that attitude.
What’s amusing is him saying let me go to wolves for free has led to people to claiming we can get him for free
Like they’d let a 20m asset go for nothing, or that we still wanted him after that.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its up in the air if Guedes is suited to the premier league. He's shown glimpses he can do it, but him not wanting to be here is the problem. If that can be resolved, we have a good player, but i doubt it can.
I don't think he's suited to the Premier League, but not just from a football pov. He's lightweight and had shown no fight; traits that we welcome in the Prem' despite having evident skill.
My problem with Guedes is that he never seemed happy and part of the pack. On the pitch he was surly and even after scoring, didn't appear happy with the situation. In the few videos that I saw, behind the scenes at training, he wasn't laughing and joking with the other players. Now, maybe he is an aloof character and takes everything seriously, but as GON has built-up a 'family', it doesn't appear to me that Guedes's personality suits that situation. Of course; I've only seen smatterings and he may be the life and soul of the party, but I think not, but just commenting on what I've noticed!

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think he's suited to the Premier League, but not just from a football pov. He's lightweight and had shown no fight; traits that we welcome in the Prem' despite having evident skill.
My problem with Guedes is that he never seemed happy and part of the pack. On the pitch he was surly and even after scoring, didn't appear happy with the situation. In the few videos that I saw, behind the scenes at training, he wasn't laughing and joking with the other players. Now, maybe he is an aloof character and takes everything seriously, but as GON has built-up a 'family', it doesn't appear to me that Guedes's personality suits that situation. Of course; I've only seen smatterings and he may be the life and soul of the party, but I think not, but just commenting on what I've noticed!

He isnt lightweight at all. Look at his goal against Brighton, he could have easily took the easy option and gone down. When you watch a lot of him in Spain he doesnt really shirk the physical side of the game. Not buying this he looks surly when he scored for us either, he just looks a bit reserved to me. He only scored 2 goals though so its hard to say!

He looked happy enough to be here when you look at his signing video the club put out, but its pretty obvious he quickly for whatever reason became unhappy. I think to a point people are harsh on him because we dont know the full story. He could have signed with good intentions and thought he could settle but it didnt work out, or it could be he just didnt want to be here in the first place. I doubt its something we will ever find out.

Back
Top Bottom