Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Next Seasons Shirts

surreywolf

Reaction score
If they do part ways with Castore i don't think it will be for any of the big boys like Umbro, Nike etc - the club wanted to manufacture their own gear to increase profit and can't see brands like Nike allowing this

We will be disappointed

We are wolves

Dans la Lune

Reaction score
I think that Umbro have produced some really nice shirts in recent times. West Ham kits from a few years back were really smart, retro classic designs, and some clubs have had some really cool "blackout" editions that are a really subtle way of wearing a club shirt without being too "shouty", and the Hearts anniversary kit is pretty smart. If I had to pick a manufacturer from left field, then it would be New Balance.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Umbro are owned by American firm Iconix Brand Group. So not really a British company any longer.
Still headquartered in England though and designed by staff in those headquarters.

It's like claiming Wolves are no longer an English football club due to the owners.

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still headquartered in England though and designed by staff in those headquarters.

It's like claiming Wolves are no longer an English football club due to the owners.
I didn't realise that Umbro still had premises in the UK. I assumed they had been bought out and shipped off to the US.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always amazes me that people get excited about who will manufacture our kit, only for the designs to turn out to be a disappointment when they do.
It's a bit like the pre season transfer speculation thread where we list every player that we're allegedly interested in only to find it was mere speculation with no substance.
Every season I fall it when I do my daily check on the Mix, then get excited about a player we're linked with, only to find several pages on it was total ****e and he'd already agreed to join Frankfurt or Lyon.

I've told myself this year I'll only check two weeks before season kick off but that's never going to happen is it.

Me Babbies

Reaction score
I really like the Current stuff, other than thus years 2nd & 3rd shirts I think everything they have done has been great, nice fits good quality washes well.

I only don't like this years other kits as they are blue and red and I can't stand Teams who play in those colours....

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Umbro would be superb. Nice tops from them always and they've got that old fashioned feel to them. Hope this happens.

LosgallardosWolf

Reaction score
A lot of people on here seem to think we will go in house next, so no smoke without fire. I’d love a clean simple design with the city crest

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
Both Umbro and Nike can look Premier League for one team, or Sunday League for another.

A classic Umbro range done right with a nod to the past could be timeless however.

I’d also like Hummel. Their general leisure wear looks decent and appears good quality.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Both Umbro and Nike can look Premier League for one team, or Sunday League for another.

A classic Umbro range done right with a nod to the past could be timeless however.

I’d also like Hummel. Their general leisure wear looks decent and appears good quality.
The type of kits I like to see... Ones with a nod to the past. Innovation is fine but I just prefer it the other way because when manufacturers "innovate" in the wrong way, you get some stinkers... Some Sky 6 sides have had some prime examples of this over the past few seasons!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of people on here seem to think we will go in house next, so no smoke without fire. I’d love a clean simple design with the city crest
Zero chance of the city crest replacing our copyrighted/trademarked logo. Not only would it remove protection from copying the shirts but the same thing was so unpopular when Sir Jack tried it that we reverted to the logo the season after.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Zero chance of the city crest replacing our copyrighted/trademarked logo. Not only would it remove protection from copying the shirts but the same thing was so unpopular when Sir Jack tried it that we reverted to the logo the season after.
93-96 it lasted then moved to the FC badge, we’ve now had the hexagon one for 22 years and they won’t change that for a long time.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think if I could pick any it would be Kappa, but umbro definitely second.

Kappa make some beautiful kits.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
93-96 it lasted then moved to the FC badge, we’ve now had the hexagon one for 22 years and they won’t change that for a long time.
Hope it never changes, I'm paraphrasing someone else from the site here but we have some of the best branding in the world. We don't even need our name on the badge for people to know who we are!

It looks great in every application. Merchandise, branding, on websites... So much more.

Teddy Ruxpin

Groupie
Reaction score

With my rugby team Hummel did some great tops and whilst the training/leisure stuff was decent it was poor quality in that it didn't last.

They've switched over to Kappa this season, the tops are an awful fit (especially for rugby fans) the training/leisure stuff I've been really impressed with so far.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am sure I read, at the time, that supporters didn't want the same logo on the shirt as the logo they get on their council tax bill !

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not so sure the kit manufacturer makes all that much difference to the actual team kit. I’d imagine they all submit multiple designs and the clubs make the final decisions.
Maybe it makes a difference to the other side stuff which is mostly probably just that manufacturers standard stuff with a bit of wolves (or whoever’s) branding added.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was longer than l realised. At the same general time Sir Jack also tried bringing back the Happy Wanderer. That was equally unpopular.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talking about Umbro, Castore are to market Umbro in the UK and parts of Europe after a sub-licencing agreement was announced today.

This follows a £145 Million investment into Umbro by Castore in November.

This opens up a big market for Castore in terms of partnering with a shed load of clubs in England.

Last edited:

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talking about Umbro, Castore are to market Umbro in the UK and parts of Europe after a sub-licencing agreement was announced today.

This follows a £145 Million investment into Umbro by Castore in November.

This opens up a big market for Castore in terms of partnering with a shed load of clubs in England.

Just seen this on LinkedIn. Wonder if this is where the rumour/link to Umbro has come from

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
on the subject of Umbro / Nike, the New England kit is clean and l LOVE the away kit. Very different, even a bit French.

I’m saying that as l haven’t bought an England kit since France 1998 and didn’t think l would after Nike took over, but this year is the first time l’m tempted

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't remember the last great Umbro football shirt I saw, their stuff has been bang average for a very long time now.

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
on the subject of Umbro / Nike, the New England kit is clean and l LOVE the away kit. Very different, even a bit French.

I’m saying that as l haven’t bought an England kit since France 1998 and didn’t think l would after Nike took over, but this year is the first time l’m tempted
I thought it looked French. But I don't think that's a good thing personally.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I was looking at my home shirt as it dried on the airer today, it really is one of the best we've had in years.
I now have a mental picture of you sitting on a stool with a cuppa and half a packet of rich tea, on your landing occasionally opening the airing cupboard door to afford a 30 second stare at the shirt as it dries.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I now have a mental picture of you sitting on a stool with a cuppa and half a packet of rich tea, on your landing occasionally opening the airing cupboard door to afford a 30 second stare at the shirt as it dries.
What a completely ridiculous and unrealistic scenario, I'd never waste my money on Rich Tea in a million years!

Back
Top Bottom