Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It is slightly gut wrenching and what could have been. Bigger squad and Neto, Cunha, Hwang fit and we would have beaten Coventry and we could have beaten Man Utd in a Semi final. A season of what could have been.
Glass half full for me. I'm excited to see what GON can do with some reinforcements and a full pre season. Don't forget we were supposed to be nailed on for the drop.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glass half full for me. I'm excited to see what GON can do with some reinforcements and a full pre season. Don't forget we were supposed to be nailed on for the drop.

True but at the end of January we knew we were in a good position in the league and in the FA Cup. The club could and should have done more in January. Even a loan signing like Fofana who went to Burnley would have been ideal. ONeil was left short after what seemed like promises we would get players in after they let Fabio and Sasa go and was then left high and dry. Not good enough by those in charge and in my opinion it has cost us a place in the Semi Final of the Fa Cup in which we would have played a side who are beatable.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
True but at the end of January we knew we were in a good position in the league and in the FA Cup. The club could and should have done more in January. Even a loan signing like Fofana who went to Burnley would have been ideal. ONeil was left short after what seemed like promises we would get players in after they let Fabio and Sasa go and was then left high and dry. Not good enough by those in charge and in my opinion it has cost us a place in the Semi Final of the Fa Cup in which we would have played a side who are beatable.
For whatever reason, I don't think Gary wanted to play either Sasa or Fabio. We still have Podence and Guedes on the books and are closer to profit and sustainability than the management would like. I think summer will see a proper planned reset.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree mate. My blood was boiling yesterday and I am still ****ed off. The club have wasted a good opportunity this season by leaving our squad woefully short after January and I am sure ONeil knows it as well.
Bang on

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
For whatever reason, I don't think Gary wanted to play either Sasa or Fabio. We still have Podence and Guedes on the books and are closer to profit and sustainability than the management would like. I think summer will see a proper planned reset.
Let's face it, Sasa was always going to break down again. His performances did nothing to give us hope, if he'd ever won a header it would have been something! Fabio might have got a start yesterday (or v Fulham) , but there's a bigger picture there and if he'd played where Fraser was I doubt he'd have offered much more. Shipping them both out was for the best. How that didn't make financial room to bring someone in is beyond us all I think, but that's what we're told, trust it or not, I don't think anyone can make a truly informed judgement - even if it does mystify me.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1710707985710.png

Champ still looking bonkers. Southampton look well off the pace but are still averaging over 2.0ppg which has always guaranteed top 2, won't even get them top 3 at this rate! Leicester really have collapsed the past 6 weeks or so.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course Joao Felix would score against his parent club, away from home.

Barca have hardly had a sniff and yet lead.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 41244

Champ still looking bonkers. Southampton look well off the pace but are still averaging over 2.0ppg which has always guaranteed top 2, won't even get them top 3 at this rate! Leicester really have collapsed the past 6 weeks or so.
I thought Leicester played really well against Chelsea.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And Luton had a goal ruled out for handball too yesterday.

I think it should have to be deliberate to be disallowed.
Never going to happen when you remember that one of the reasons VAR was introduced was Boly's accidental handball goal against Man City.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Funny cos I thought the opposite! They looked so open on the counter (bit like Wolves yesterday) but weirdly didn't cause too many issues going forward given they were leaving themselves so short at the back. If Sterling could finish and without that OG it would have been a pretty easy Chelsea win.

The xG stats for the match shows that I feel.

Chelsea 4.77 - 0.66 Leicester

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 41244

I think Southampton will still finish ahead of Ipswich. Just a big ask to top Leeds and Leicester though Leicester are trying to throw that away.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't. I thought they had holes everywhere and couldn't or wouldn't adapt their play.
Their players are obviously good players but they wouldn't deviate. Is this why they're losing a few in the league now? Are they found out?

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t wait for this insufferable ***** to **** off
That's why he's a winner - he HATES losing and simply cannot cope with any perceived slight questioning of his responsibility for any loss.

Borderline narcissistic sorts cannot stand any criticism. They only have to sniff it in their imagination to go into turmoil in their emotions.

Did you see how quickly he became the victim and the reporter became the aggressor?

Ferguson was the same.

Though I admire their sheer will to win and the dozens of cups they won between them as a result, I do not admire their bullying. The need to be in control stems from insecurity and when I look at Klopp, and formerly Ferguson, I see manchildren.

Give me Gary O'Neil any day of the week. He doesn't have to feign humility or dominate reporters because he knows who he is.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A disappointing weekend for Wolves fans but a great round of FA Cup Quarter final matches for the neutrals. Some great excitement and drama with the exception of Man City vs Newcastle which I found to be boring.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't. I thought they had holes everywhere and couldn't or wouldn't adapt their play.
Their players are obviously good players but they wouldn't deviate. Is this why they're losing a few in the league now? Are they found out?
I have to say that I only watched small bits of it as I was doing other things. Must have been when they were having good passages of play. I bow to your greater knowledge of that particular game. :)

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed Coventry played way better
They had a spell when gifted their first goal but other than that i thought they looked a championship side and Chelsea werent great either

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A disappointing weekend for Wolves fans but a great round of FA Cup Quarter final matches for the neutrals. Some great excitement and drama with the exception of Man City vs Newcastle which I found to be boring.

Agreed. There were three exciting cup games, with plenty of action and late goals. Then there was Manchester City strolling to an easy victory. They didn’t get out of second gear and won without breaking sweat. As good as Manchester City are, I prefer watching Arsenal and Liverpool, I think they are more exciting.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had no idea Richard Stearman was at Solihull Moors. Just got sent off at Aldershot who scored from the resultant penalty.

Still on the National League well done to Paul Cook who has just guided Chesterfield to the title. I never saw Cookie as the type to go on be a very good Head Coach. #whatthehelldoIknow !!!

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Didn’t realise Mike Williamson was manager of MK Dons now.
Yes, he was poached from Gateshead earlier this season where he did phenomenally well. I see them often and they play fantastic pass and move football and score loads of goals. He took them up from the National League North as champions and made them one of the best teams in the National League. One of his assistants took over at Gateshead (Robbie Elliot - another ex Newcastle player) and after a small blip has carried on with the swashbuckling football. They're in the playoff places currently, despite being one of the most financially challenged teams in the National League and have scored 75 goals in 39 games. They're also in the semi-finals of the FA Trophy (also finalists last season). Williamson was also the one that really coached up Macaulay Langstaff who became a goal scoring phenomenon and went to Notts County last season. I think Williamson has a good managerial career ahead of him.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joao is starting for Brazil... ****ing hell it baffles me that we have Brazilian internationals in our side. Cunha would 100% be there as well if he was fit.

It does hit you sometimes thinking about where we were 8 years ago. I'm not saying Fosun are perfect, but still, I'd much rather be in the situation we're in now with a squad full of internationals than be a yo-yo club praying for the play-offs!

I'll enjoy it while it lasts...

Back
Top Bottom