Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think we have “just 3”.
I count Bellegarde & Sarabia as senior forwards. So that’s 5.

I think we need one more to make 6.
I think Sarabia certainly, but I’m not so sure on whether I’d include Bellagarde here? Personally I’d add a 9 and another wide player if it were me? Getting a full season of games out of neto and hwang combined would generally be a decent result based on recent seasons?

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the defence today. There was a mix up on the line with the inexperienced sub involved which led to the cross and their brilliant winner. Playing loads of players out of position because of injuries to our 4 senior attacking players leaving very little threat up front.
So in summer 2024 we need to sign at least two proper strikers, big mobile centre forwards, bring Fabio back and give him a chance. The cost is not much with an astute signing of free agent, and a little known overseas striker with premier attributes. We only need to sign two strikers! All the rest are like for like replacements for any who leave.
Gotta be honest, I struggled to think of much we did right defensively. Thought the lot of them, Sa aside, had absolute shockers. Managed to make Cov look like they’d got Mbappe and Haaland playing upfront.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot will depend of outgoings but from the first team I think we will lose:

Sa
Neto
B Traore
Sarabia

I also think we will be offered big money for RAN, Gomes and Cunha so it will remain to be seen if FOSUN bite and fold.

Incomings wise I think we will sign

A top CB
Mosquera being integrated into the squad.
I believe Rodrigo Gomes will happen.
A number 9…….
Two forwards (with one who can be a 9)
A GK

I completely agree mate!

Arsenal are not put off signing Neto…. They will just offer less and use his glass hamstrings as their negotiating point to do so…….

Arteta loves him and has wanted him for years.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's what self sufficiency will mean, Brighton have done ok by it.

We have Matt Hobbs who can make us like Brighton, it is the clown/puppet (depending on if he actually does have any power or say with his fosun bosses) above him that will stop him doing so.

Hobbs is excellent at his job and the reputation he has in the outside of wolves is well earned!

We need to lock him down and make him feel that he has a role no one else could offer him!

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Sarabia certainly, but I’m not so sure on whether I’d include Bellagarde here? Personally I’d add a 9 and another wide player if it were me? Getting a full season of games out of neto and hwang combined would generally be a decent result based on recent seasons?
I’m also in agreement about not being sure where is best to play Bellegarde; I suspect if there was a proper no.9 for him to play off then he would suit one of the wider deeper forward positions.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What did GON say about recruitment after the game? Anyone got a link regarding his negative remarks?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the defence today. There was a mix up on the line with the inexperienced sub involved which led to the cross and their brilliant winner. Playing loads of players out of position because of injuries to our 4 senior attacking players leaving very little threat up front.
So in summer 2024 we need to sign at least two proper strikers, big mobile centre forwards, bring Fabio back and give him a chance. The cost is not much with an astute signing of free agent, and a little known overseas striker with premier attributes. We only need to sign two strikers! All the rest are like for like replacements for any who leave.
I agree with your points about the forward line but can't accept your first sentence. Yes l get that the fact that the ball wasn't sticking up front to put them under additional pressure. Even so consistently failing to track players in the box was always ultimately going to cost us..

Last edited:

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i don’t think he has. this year was always about cost cutting, to one degree or another. This summer will be easier to do business.
It may be easier to do business but we still have 2 bad seasons financially on the books
If this season doesnt show decent profits i dont see how we can spend without having another fire sale

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You live in disneyland.
So you think Neto and ait-Nouri and Kilman go for 10m each then? You’re the one that is off on the valuations here. They will command big money listen to what Hobbs has said. We sell at our prices this season no such pressures like last year we had to do what we could. Big clubs come calling we have a price they must meet it

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you think Neto and ait-Nouri and Kilman go for 10m each then? You’re the one that is off on the valuations here. They will command big money listen to what Hobbs has said. We sell at our prices this season no such pressures like last year we had to do what we could. Big clubs come calling we have a price they must meet it
no, i’m referring to your £50m deadwood comment. i do find it telling that you’ve grossly exaggerated and basically bull ****ted about that i’ve said to try and point score.

tut tut

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
If we’re not going to get absolute top value for Neto, the one I’d consider selling is Hwang. Has done fantastically this year and is such a good ambassador for the club but I don’t think he gets in our strongest XI when everyone is fit and if we’re insisting on having a relatively lean squad, I don’t think you can have 2 of your 4 or 5 forwards as individuals who have persistent muscle injuries.

Obviously, if we got north of £50m for Neto, that changes the dynamic and I’d keep Hwang.

Ideal solution is we keep all the Crown Jewels (RAN, Lemina, Gomes, Neto and Cunha), raise some funds through the sales of squad players such as Guedes, Podence, Fabio (and possibly Hwang) and are able to bring in 2-3 players of real quality at reasonable value.

Realistically though, I think we lose RAN. He’s wanted by at least a couple of the really big clubs and as we’ve seen with Jota and Nunes, it’s very difficult to keep hold of players in that situation.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we’re not going to get absolute top value for Neto, the one I’d consider selling is Hwang. Has done fantastically this year and is such a good ambassador for the club but I don’t think he gets in our strongest XI when everyone is fit and if we’re insisting on having a relatively lean squad, I don’t think you can have 2 of your 4 or 5 forwards as individuals who have persistent muscle injuries.

Obviously, if we got north of £50m for Neto, that changes the dynamic and I’d keep Hwang.

Ideal solution is we keep all the Crown Jewels (RAN, Lemina, Gomes, Neto and Cunha), raise some funds through the sales of squad players such as Guedes, Podence, Fabio (and possibly Hwang) and are able to bring in 2-3 players of real quality at reasonable value.

Realistically though, I think we lose RAN. He’s wanted by at least a couple of the really big clubs and as we’ve seen with Jota and Nunes, it’s very difficult to keep hold of players in that situation.
the issue i think we are going to have is that the likes of Guedes, Silva and Podence want to be here, so it’s not like we can demand top dollar or even expect it. The ball is very much in the buying club’s hands, which is why i think £50m is a pipe dream for our so called deadwood. £200k a week savings mind

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think RAN is the easiest to replace tbh
Hes very scattergun in his play, does some brilliant things then messes up an easy pass
It will be interesting to see how we play him for the rest of the season
My guess is GON will play him in the Neto role on the left cutting in when Cunha is back
He got 2 in 2 playing his roaming forward role but we have had Lemina covering his LWB role to a certain extent, and that doesnt suit him or the team
Lemina has to go back to a central midfield role with Gomes and/or Doyle and we probably have to play Toti as LWB as hes better at defending

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Spot on (as usual). We simply cannot afford to risk heading into next season with just 3 or 4 first team forwards … where 2 of them are injury prone.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
the issue i think we are going to have is that the likes of Guedes, Silva and Podence want to be here, so it’s not like we can demand top dollar or even expect it. The ball is very much in the buying club’s hands, which is why i think £50m is a pipe dream for our so called deadwood. £200k a week savings mind

Completely agree. I think we may only get a combined £20m for Podence, Guedes and Fabio.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agree with all that, though I do still think we have a good chance of keeping RAN.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
yep, me too. Podence with a year left as well so maybe £5m
£7.5m for the other two.
Selling Guedes for that amount would be a massive loss for P&L purposes next year. We still owe £15m+ of the fee we paid two years ago. It's far more likely he get's loaned out again I think, with his wages covered, that way we aren't incurring a big loss that immediately bites into our budget.

Silva we could probably just about break even for a £10m fee, if anyone's willing to pay it, otherwise another loan is probably likely.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Selling Guedes for that amount would be a massive loss for P&L purposes next year. We still owe £15m+ of the fee we paid two years ago. It's far more likely he get's loaned out again I think, with his wages covered, that way we aren't incurring a big loss that immediately bites into our budget.

Silva we could probably just about break even for a £10m fee, if anyone's willing to pay it, otherwise another loan is probably likely.
yep good point.
No one is going to pay that!

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
If we want to strengthen we need to sell. We don't hold all the cards.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
no, i’m referring to your £50m deadwood comment. i do find it telling that you’ve grossly exaggerated and basically bull ****ted about that i’ve said to try and point score.

tut tut
Podence 5m?
Guedes 10m?
Fabio 10m?
Hoever 2m
Bolla 2m
Hodge 1m

=30m

That’s half off mostly 3 players Iv under priced. There is the others such as Bouby who can’t get a game another 10m? Yerson maybe. I think Semedo will be sold as he will only have 12 months left on his deal and astronomical wages for us at present compared to the others.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence 5m?
Guedes 10m?
Fabio 10m?
Hoever 2m
Bolla 2m
Hodge 1m

=30m

That’s half off mostly 3 players Iv under priced. There is the others such as Bouby who can’t get a game another 10m? Yerson maybe. I think Semedo will be sold as he will only have 12 months left on his deal and astronomical wages for us at present compared to the others.
Traore Yerson and Semedo are not deadwood and it’s explained well regarding Guedes above by someone with more understanding than me.
I think you’re £25m plus out.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we want to strengthen we need to sell. We don't hold all the cards.
Exactly Hobbs has said this many times it’s not me making it up. We are going to sell some people need to understand that.

Neto is 100% a wanted man. I think city will offer cash & McAtee & maybe Kabore

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
yep good point.
No one is going to pay that!
Sadly. I think any fee for Podence would be a profit at this stage though. Mosquera would be a big profit if we got a serious offer for him, but seems like madness to not give him a chance next season. Chiquinho apparently hasn't set the world alight in Portugal so unlikely to generate any significant profit there either.

The players who would generate a significant profit this summer are Neto, Kilman, Gomes (x2). Neto fee is fully paid off, Kilman being homegrown, Toti we paid a nominal amount for, Joao for what would likely be a huge profit on what we paid. Cunha it would take an absurd fee given what we paid for him a year ago, and RAN we owe Angers £10m of whatever fee we could get for him.

If interest wanes on Neto because of the hamstring injuries then I'd imagine Joao and RAN will be the ones who generate the most interest, and that we'd be begrudgingly willing to move on with Hugo and Doyle waiting in the wings. If we get £100m combined for those two it would give Hobbs significant room to re-balance the squad in the summer.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore Yerson and Semedo are not deadwood and it’s explained well regarding Guedes above by someone with more understanding than me.
I think you’re £25m plus out.
B.Traore can’t get a game will he hang around? 10m minimum why would we sell for less what we paid.

Yerson nobody knows same with Semedo. Deadwood you must be giving away then. I hope we get the best prices for our players. You must hope for the same for the greater good of our club. Sell to buy philosophy

I also listed the deadwood above 30m and then went on to say about Semedo and Bouby who could also be sold. We are in a healthy position like it or not

Back
Top Bottom