Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Pedro Neto

DJLWolf

Reaction score
Spot on mate. Great post. We lost a fa cup game that we were 'expected to win', we didn't. **** happens.

We're midtable and safe. The constant negativity on here is crazy after a loss

I feel too down after that to start throwing shade at the lads.

It was a great opportunity, we blew it and didn't play very well.End of story for me.

I'm not going to start criticising the players after they've put in such a big shift for us this season.

I am sure they're more gutted than us because it's not every day you get to play in an FA cup semi final.

Just got to take this on the chin and move on.Nothing more to be said really.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Huge blow for us. Sadly, it’s looking like Neto’s career is going to be defined by injuries. Massive blow for Wolves… but a bigger blow for the lad. What on earth happens in the summer now?
I expect there won’t be big money gambled on his signature and we will be forced to part with RAN or Gomes, despite the reports that we are in a comfortable ish position

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the positive he’ll still be here next season.

On the negative RAN will go….
I've been saying this for a week or 2 now. Neto was never going to go this summer with his injury issues. He needs next season trouble free to be a viable proposition. RAN, esp after today's performance, is the one now who will get the media attention and the big club interest. Can you imagine what Pep could do with him? I wonder what is his value now?

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I expect there won’t be big money gambled on his signature and we will be forced to part with RAN or Gomes, despite the reports that we are in a comfortable ish position
Would do everything I possibly could to hold on to Joao Gomes for at least another season.
The lad is made for the biggest stages,but it will do him no harm to keep developing another season or two with us.
Joao is gonna be absolute world class I recon and when we sell him we should make sure to squeeze every Pound out of that transfer.
It will happen,but it is a question of time.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will always struggle to complete a full season, such a shame. It’s terrible to say but if we get a very good offer we should take it.
Absolutely. Anything above 30 illion and snap their hand off. I can't see him staying routinely fit tbh, and, his game is pace related, makes it worse.

Reactions: DPE

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Ok. So Neto out for the season. Hwang another 5-6 weeks. Bellegarde and Cunha expected to be available available for Villa game.

Think I’d be tempted to play a front three of RAN, Sarabia and Cunha.

Corporal Hicks

Groupie
Reaction score
I feel for Neto, absolute baller when on form and fit so he might still get a move but the days of a big money transfer are gone. I can’t see a club paying top dollar with his injury record so a big decision for the club whether to collect what they can or gamble on getting half a season from him each year. Every time he turns on the afterburners I think his legs are going to go ping.

RAN on the other hand is the cash cow, wish we could keep him but reality is he’ll be gone, a quality player

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think its one of those situations where Neto and the staff need to start fresh.

This paper is worth the effort, imv, to read and see the latest thinking on a protocol
that can reduce hamstring injuries by up to 70%. Its also a paper that recognises
that current approaches are inadequate, and overly influenced by wishful thinking
by coaches, especially, but also by the sports science. Wolves have had an over-reliance on
MRI scans, for example, that needs to changed in favour of a holistic and thorough approach.

It points to a significant change in the approach to ensuring Neto's recurrent problems can
be minimised, even if that means him playing less, and adapting his style of play.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok. So Neto out for the season. Hwang another 5-6 weeks. Bellegarde and Cunha expected to be available available for Villa game.

Think I’d be tempted to play a front three of RAN, Sarabia and Cunha.
Is Sarabia not suspended?

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People going on about Neto being injury prone is debatable. His 2 bad injuries at Wolves have been a freak knee cap injury, which we made worse by mismanaging it, and an ankle injury caused by a bad tackle at West Ham iirc.

This year, He has had hamstring problems , but then again, so has Hwang, and so has Cunha. Its either a bit unlucky, or its got something to do with our pressing style of play and its run these blokes into the ground making them vulnerable to injury. I called it out in the United game he was pulling up and asking to come off, but he was told to stay on. He then played within himself for a few games, even pulling up twice in the final stages of the Brighton game yet we still pick him against Newcastle.

I do believe this injury is basically from being overplayed. If he gets a move to Man City for example, he's not going to be in the same position, he wont be flogged every week because of a small squad. I still think he will have plenty of interest at a good price.

Back
Top Bottom