Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Coventry Verdict

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poor from us. Nearly snatched it somehow but could have lost 4-5

Well done to Cov, wanted it more, set up well

Sa and RAN only ones at the right level today.

Fraser wasn't 100% I know, but Chiwome really impressed when he came on

Defence not good enough, epitomised by Max standing still in his own box and watching the guy have a shot in front of him to score the winner.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First half was a good, competitive, back and forth cup tie. Second half was so one sided it wasn’t even funny. Goodness knows how we scored two.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Utterly bottled it.
Fully deserved by Coventry who could have scored 5 today. Had Bentley come on for Sa early doors as it looked possible it would likely have been all over far sooner.

Kilman was especially diabolical at "marshalling" the defence, including playing them onside for their first goal. Every time they put the ball into the box they were attacking the space and we were on our heels, leaving players unmarked all over the shop. Two goals conceded just because we don't have players in place to deal with a ball dropping at the back post. Basic stuff.

Fraser totally hopeless, which doesn't help in trying to win a game, but it's a bit daft that we have play him anyway. Sarabia is doing nothing to step up to help either. I had hoped that the call-up he just got would have put a spring into his step and seen him fired up to impress but he just vacated attacking the box.

Last edited:

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We never looked comfortable.

I ask myself every game if GON is a tactical genius or just insanely lucky. Today we should of conceded at least 4 before we scored

I suppose it saves us getting hammered in the semi finals
Feels like Watford all over again
Who was the Pl team today
Really bad

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Injuries have killed us. Disjointed team but not much we could do. Another down side is that this game marked the end of RAN as a Wolves player, he is leaving without doubt. One of the best players we have had at the club and no doubt going to the top next season.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right, we all know what’s about to happen here but can we at least try and put some perspective on it and allow for the fact our entire forward line was missing. Doesn’t excuse the defending but please try to stay calm
No.

This isn’t the time for a considered thoughtful response.

I hate football and want nothing more to do with it for a couple of weeks.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON hasn’t got any options to change some of the ****, soft ass ****ers who just put in a gutless ‘performance’ against lower league opposition. Really was so very poor and Kilman is NOT a captain in any sense - doesn’t shout, gesture and position like Coady did, but doesn’t lead by example either.

Coventry absolutely deserved that victory - never gave up and saw the weaknesses in our back line. Created loads of chances and looked like they’d got a clue.

Super NES

Groupie
Reaction score
We didn't deserve the win, but only we can lose the way we did! Thinking we have won the game and not playing to the final whistle is criminal.

Lemina on the 2nd goal losing it after trying a clever trick is so poor. Sa doing his best Pickford impersonation at the end which is fine when you're 2 or 3 in front - not 1. GON not taking the sting out / wasting a few more mins at the end with bringing on another sub - traore would have been fine for 5 mins. Just an absolutely rubbish way to lose.

Take RAN out of this team today and who really showed anything in terms of the outfield players?

Fair play Cov though - should have scored a few more today.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely sickening, Watford all over again. No doubt they'll get pumped in the semi as well. On the balance of play they deserved it though. Incredibly fortunate to play us when we're missing four forwards. A great cup run anyway.

Full focus on the league now and trying to secure 8th, hopefully we'll have Neto, Cunha, Hwang and Bellegarde back for the run-in. On the bright side, how many expected a cup run and a chase for Europe this season?

Special shout to RAN and Sa, absolutely heroic today. The rest were ****e to be honest, and to give that many chances away to Coventry, probably more than we have all season, who albeit are a solid Championship side, was embarrassing

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Thought we'd snatch it there but it wasn't to be and we didn't deserve it.

We move on now, it's gone. Focus on a good league finish and go again for cups next season. I still think we could grab a League Cup next campaign.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Such a weakness down our right flank all game. Not Semedo's fault (though he had a poor game), but I can't believe it wasn't fixed. Sarabia tracks back but lacks any real defensive ability, and Lemina wasn't able to plug the gap because Cov pushed numbers forward centrally.

Cov played very, very well and deserved it. They should have won by far more.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No complaints from me Cov were the better team. It was clearly a big game for them and we didn’t match their intensity throughout even though we should have.****ed off and annoyed but I’m calm about it. If anything good comes from this it will be a message to Jeff to leave recruitment to responsible people and not get involved in wasting money on signings like Guedes and Silva which has helped put us in this FFP situation.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We couldn’t keep the ball at all, could we?

Sometimes you have to give credit to the opposition.

We have defenders currently scoring our goals and we have missed a massive opportunity because of poor decisions made at the top of the club!

Gutted. Just gutted.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hah hah hah ha ha ha ha.

See ya in August I guess?

• Haha
Reactions: Ned

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Injuries and weird formation are partly to blame. But worse than those, we didn't really look like we wanted it from the start. Cov looked sharper, more keen to win everything while we were slack from beginning to end.

Why that would be, maybe they know that winning today would only delay the inevitable and at least it avoids a humiliating defeat in the semi?

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My verdict? Wolves have attained the rightfully deserved reputation as cup bottlers for this generation. The biggest bloody bottlers in this country.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Goes down as one of our worst performances since Nuno's first season.

Injuries are tough but that was seriously incompetent on a tactical level. Wrong shape of a 5 to start, then changed but kept Lemina LM. Sorry GON but you were hopeless today.

Back
Top Bottom