Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ait Nouri (Don't sell)

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we believe Hobbs and his statement that we have to sell big to re-invest wisely? Personally I do. That means the club's plans are to sell a big name in the summer. That was obviously to be Neto but unless he can get perhaps 8-10 games under his belt this season uninjured I don't think Clubs will gamble on him right now. If that is the case the only really big money names are Gomes; I think he's still unproven at this level for clubs to offer really big money for him now. Cunha; not enough profit in it for Wolves just yet. And that leaves.............RAN. Of our 4 'stars' for me he is the one likeliest to go in the summer to kick-start Hobbs's vision for next season. He ticks all the boxes. I'd rather we try to off-load ALL our loanees to raise the required cash but in all honesty that may not be enough for the squad re-investment.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think he's been GONs project since he came in, he saw what others had missed and is now one of our most important players. He seems to be loving aswell he gestured to the bench straight away when he scored on Saturday.

He seems to be a lot more confident and enjoying his football, I think he is very private rarely uses social media and never puts anything personal but seems well liked at the club.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
.RAN. Of our 4 'stars' for me he is the one likeliest to go in the summer to kick-start Hobbs's vision for next season. He ticks all the boxes. I'd rather we try to off-load ALL our loanees to raise the required cash but in all honesty that may not be enough for the squad re-investment.

RAN is worth big money for a defender, and he could probably do more in a better team where he can attack with better cover behind him. I could see him at a place like Arsenal, if Zinchenko can do it I'd put RAN in a similar category, and he's miles better than Tierney.
The only consolation is that Bueno is also very good if we feel forced to sell, it's not as if it would be a firesale but perhaps a good strategic decision.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RAN is worth big money for a defender, and he could probably do more in a better team where he can attack with better cover behind him. I could see him at a place like Arsenal, if Zinchenko can do it I'd put RAN in a similar category, and he's miles better than Tierney.
The only consolation is that Bueno is also very good if we feel forced to sell, it's not as if it would be a firesale but perhaps a good strategic decision.
He's better than Zinchenco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He certainly looks like he is loving playing a more advanced role (mind you ,they all do.... Santi nearly got on the end of Mario's miss)

RAN is fast becoming our "bum off seat" player since Adama. He is such a skillful player with amazing feet. We really do have some amazing ball carrying players.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it me or is he looking more and more like Borat everyday :oops:

Superb footballer though, joy to watch and so much fitter than he was.

Personally I think he’s got a hint of Drake (the mumble rapper) about him.

Can’t quite put my finger on why, as I’m well aware they have different nationalities/ heritage, but every now and then I see Drake’s image and think he looks a little like our Rayan.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he's been GONs project since he came in, he saw what others had missed and is now one of our most important players. He seems to be loving aswell he gestured to the bench straight away when he scored on Saturday.

He seems to be a lot more confident and enjoying his football, I think he is very private rarely uses social media and never puts anything personal but seems well liked at the club.
He's genuinely joyful and cannot hide it. Last season, he was largely neutral and couldn't hide it. He often wasn't surly and wasn't delighted even after we'd scored.

I did think he was frustrated at times - we all knew there was far more ability than he was permitted to showcase given the guardrails that were imposed on his game by successive managers.

Gary O'Neil has set him free to fully express himself and it shows in his reactions to us scoring.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Personally I think he’s got a hint of Drake (the mumble rapper) about him.

Can’t quite put my finger on why, as I’m well aware they have different nationalities/ heritage, but every now and then I see Drake’s image and think he looks a little like our Rayan.
Googled Drake's picture. Yep can see it..

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
RAN's ball control is truly phenomenal - what feet! He's improved his stamina and defensive awareness. He was already a very good 1-v-1 defender. Once he improves his end product, then he'll be worth ££££...let's hope we can get one more year out of him before he moves to one of the clubs with big pockets.

WR4Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
He's got that maverick side to him which is very rare these days in a player as it's often coached out of them. Watched him in his last game for Angers vs PSG and he was great. Couldn't believe we were rumoured to be looking to get rid of him during the summer.

Play him further forward and give him licence to roam. He's our biggest talent in my opinion.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many left backs in the league have been better than him this season?
Good answer many look washed up especially Robertson at liverpool who can’t last 90 mins. Never thought RAN would become this good. I hope Ramadan doesn’t alter his performances too much

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good answer many look washed up especially Robertson at liverpool who can’t last 90 mins. Never thought RAN would become this good. I hope Ramadan doesn’t alter his performances too much

I was the OP on this forum. He's absolutely brilliant. Already worth a fortune if we play it right, but will only get better.

Pseudonym

Groupie
Reaction score
Think his song needs to be Love Story by an early Taylor Swift.

Marry me, Rayan
You'll never have to be alone
I love you and that's all I really know
I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress
It's an Ait-Nouri, baby, just say, "Yes"

25000 people, largely men, serenading him with their sexuality being challenged. Perfect

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
I would play him together with Hugo Bueno. They can take it in turns to attack. When Bueno is attacking, RAN can move into a more central position.
But RAN is so talented that he could play as an attacking midfielder/winger - as he has been doing recently.
He has improved enormously this season. His stamina and defending in particular has come on so much. We forget his age - but these characteristics do improve with age and experience.
He is a gem that we would be lucky to hold on to if he keeps up this form. GON has done an incredible job with him and I feel there is much more to come from him.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Linked with Liverpool and Utd this morning. Supposedly Klopp has suggested Liverpool sign him, but he’s on Utd’s radar too (Teamtalk).

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RAN is fast becoming our "bum off seat" player since Adama. He is such a skillful player with amazing feet. We really do have some amazing ball carrying players.
He's my favourite player to watch, normally a couple of times a game he'll just do something with close control that makes the opposition look bemused as he goes off on his merry way. A highlights reel of him going past players would be amazing!

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's genuinely joyful and cannot hide it. Last season, he was largely neutral and couldn't hide it. He often wasn't surly and wasn't delighted even after we'd scored.

I did think he was frustrated at times - we all knew there was far more ability than he was permitted to showcase given the guardrails that were imposed on his game by successive managers.

Gary O'Neil has set him free to fully express himself and it shows in his reactions to us scoring.
I think that's GON's biggest achievement, he's made it enjoyable for the players and they all look like they are having the time of their life on and off the pitch. I can't remember a time, even under Nuno, when the players look like they are loving every second of it as much.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Linked with Liverpool and Utd this morning. Supposedly Klopp has suggested Liverpool sign him, but he’s on Utd’s radar too (Teamtalk).
I'd rather that he goes to a big team lol.... PSG all the way!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i hate all this "big six' stuff. BBC is full of it every day. they are so lazy, they just steal off the so called "lower" clubs
That's another way in which they stay the "big six'. Has happened for years - see Scott Parker Charlton to Chelsea for example.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I too am sick of hearing about ‘big clubs’ coming in for our players!!

Sky 6 is a media creation. It’s not to be taken as football gospel. We are as big as any of them and greater than a lot of them in terms of our history and achievements.

What about a song for RAN…. he surely deserves one???

Anyone remember “Transformers… Robots in Disguise”
“Ait-Nouri…. Wanderers number 3”

Short and sweet but he’d surely get the message

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Sky 6 is a media creation. It’s not to be taken as football gospel. We are as big as any of them and greater than a lot of them in terms of our history and achievement

They’re known as the top six because most seasons that’s where they finish.
Any player in his mid twenties is not going to think wolves are a bigger club that’s just delusional. When was our last top 6 finish? Almost 50 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom