Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Mario Lemina

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was immense and dragged the team forwards, yesterday. In the first half, he was the one player who excelled. In the second, he was everywhere and covered every blade of grass. A true 'warrior; and someone that every young player could learn from. His attitude is exemplary.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I went up with a villa fan yesterday (I know I know) and he couldn't believe how good he was, he joked he was our best left winger, our best forward and our best central midfielder all in the same game. The blokes a machine and all that with a smile on his face.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dare I say it both him and Gomes are. Gomes with the highest ceiling of them all.
different sorts of players so unfair to compare.
Neves is not far off world class at his deep lying game.
Gomes and Lemina are more about energy and getting up and down the pitch.

I wouldn’t say one is better than the other, it’s fair to say these players suit of style better right now.
it’s possible to enjoy both.

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
different sorts of players so unfair to compare.
Neves is not far off world class at his deep lying game.
Gomes and Lemina are more about energy and getting up and down the pitch.

I wouldn’t say one is better than the other, it’s fair to say these players suit of style better right now.
it’s possible to enjoy both.
Neves alongside the pair is a top 4 midfield. Bring him home for Gary.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They all laughed at me when I suggested lemina in the forward, false 9 role.....way back when Cunha got injured......

In the premier league the way teams mess about with it at the back anybody who presses and has the energy he does will inevitably cause loads of problems......it may not work if Coventry clear there lines and got long, like most championship clubs do....

fleck1

Reaction score
Is he the best number 9 (option) we currently have. Big, strong and powerful, holds the ball up well, can run past a man and pick a pass.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At this moment in his career he just looks absolutely unstoppable. I've not watched as much of the other teams this season as I usually would, but from what I have watched he's easily in the top 10 midfielders in the league.

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please please please can we get this man a new contract. He is an absolute colossus, his work rate and strength is frightening and on top of all that he oozes class in every area of the play / pitch.

Warrington_Wolf

Reaction score
Astonishing how good he is and what a difference he’s made to the team.

His ability, workrate and versatility combined sets him apart from any midfielder I’ve seen at Wolves (I’m 31).

Hopefully the fact his brother has joined indicates he will be here for a while. I think how settled he appears and the fact he is probably in the second half of his career will work in our favour if any interest comes over the summer.

Timberrrr

Reaction score
Probably already been said that he was immense yesterday and for 9 million an absolute steal but gomes is gonna be one hell of a player for us.playing against those two must be a nightmare

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw a lot on the Fulham forum lamenting not going for him, especially at £9m. Wolves really lucked out here.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Probably already been said that he was immense yesterday and for 9 million an absolute steal but gomes is gonna be one hell of a player for us.playing against those two must be a nightmare
In general, this wolves team seem like they would be a pain to deal with. So much running. Solid defending set pieces. Defend the 18 very stoutly. Hit you on the break so you're never comfortable....the tactical tweaks from Gaz so you're not going to have anything work too well for too long.....goals across the team...don't know when they're beaten...

Love to cheer on a team like that.

Lawndog

Reaction score
I really like him as a player but now that Lopetegui has him playing in this awful defensive position his
form has dropped away badly. When we first signed him he was playing a higher line and making runs forward
into the box. Now none of this. Another example of how we have become negative and safety first in our approach and not
for the better. Please play him in his proper position, Lopetegui and not this messy looking sweeper style role where Neves is
also too deep and has us playing with 4 centre backs for large periods.
Well 'called' JOS!!!!

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Kilman is still here next season and is STILL captain then it will be a travesty. Lemina would make an outstanding captain as he's an outstanding player with all the requirements a captain needs.
A.ways difficult to take the captaincy off a player who is still in the squad; we have been here before!
Doesn’t stop Lemina being a leader on the pitch and part of the “senior leadership team”.

Rowzed

Reaction score
It would be a colossal mistake to make him Captain over Max
He doesn’t need it, Max certainly doesn’t need it, ( might as well ship him out ), the dressing room doesn’t need it judging by their individual commitment ( it’s easy to hide behind a vocal captain ), and Gaz doesn’t appear to need it

“ tay bost - dow fix it”

Last edited:

Rowzed

Reaction score
It would be a colossal mistake to make him Captain over Max
He doesn’t need it, Max certainly doesn’t need it, ( might as well ship him out ), the dressing room doesn’t need it judging by their individual commitments ( it’s easy to hide behind a vocal captain ), and Gaz doesn’t appear to need it

“If it ay bost, dow fix it”
Botham over Brearley, or **** about and find out as they say these days on X

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
Sometimes a player just fits with a club, mario has been around a bit but never really settled even though obviously very talented. He is made for wolves, possibly our best signing since promotion he would genuinely run through walls for the old gold and black.

Shoe in for POTS and well on the way to legendary status

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sometimes a player just fits with a club, mario has been around a bit but never really settled even though obviously very talented. He is made for wolves, possibly our best signing since promotion he would genuinely run through walls for the old gold and black.

Shoe in for POTS and well on the way to legendary status
The same thing was said about Derek Dougan, he had other clubs before Wolves, but Wolverhampton became his home.

Back
Top Bottom