Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Oh Adama Traore!

Keep or sell?

• Keep

Votes: 143 45.0%
  • Sell

Votes: 175 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've never seen a player ignore as many opportunities to a) take a clear shot and b) make a killer pass. He's done the hard work to get in those positions, then his brain just switches off. Does remind me of Adama!
You couldn’t be further from the truth. Why you’re comparing a wing back to a forward is baffling to be honest. RAN will be playing champions league football in 18 months

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Ait-Nouri and naturally was disagreeing with Contrarian's points, but 3 goals and 4 assists in 88 Premier League games is poor for a wing-back.

Even this season in the more attacking Wolves, he only has 1 assist in 23 games.

Something he must improve to get to the next level.
If he played for PSG, he'd probably have quadruple those numbers. RAN hasn't played for us when we've been a very good team, unfortunately.

Sports aren't won and lost in Excel - a point you could have made for Adama over the years, while he might not have directly assisted a goal, he might have terrorised a team to win a free kick or penalty we've scored from. He used to get us up the pitch in a way no one else could.

I used to love watching him (at times) but i'm not all that gutted he's gone. Though, he's a very decent human by all accounts.

Football-wise... we've moved on. I'd take Sarabia over him every day of the week and... Adama vs. Neto? (can't believe i've even typed that!)

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s always been my feeling on him. I’ve said on many occasions that on his day (unfortunately not regularly enough) he was the most exciting player I’ve seen in a wolves shirt in 40 years.

He’s a nice lad with it. Met him twice, bizarrely once was in the kebab shop by the hogs head after a game (I’d had a few and literally walked into him as I was leaving and he was entering, was like walking into a wall. Can’t remember the game but he’d come on and had a great 20 mins. Was really humble and quiet). Saw him about 12 months after walking round Primark up Merry Hill with his family. I was with my daughter who was 14 at the time and mad wolves so politely approached him for a photo. He insisted on getting his relation (younger brother?) to take it so me and my daughter could be in the shot together.
The most shocking part of that post is not that he was having a kebab after a game, but the thought of a presumably millionaire footballer shopping in Primark. :D

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He sends a lot of money to his extended family, I believe.
Good on him, and my post wasn’t meant as a dig at him - just the idea of a person who earns money most of us could only dream of shopping in a ‘budget’ retailer.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How anyone can give anything but applause and thanks to the likes of Adama and Raul just blows my mind.

Then again, people walk amongst us that booed Diogo Jota.

The whole class of 2017-20 have nothing but respect, admiration and gratitude from me.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The most shocking part of that post is not that he was having a kebab after a game, but the thought of a presumably millionaire footballer shopping in Primark. :D
He’d got bags and bags full of pyjamas and dressing gowns, was a few weeks before Xmas.

When I saw him in the kebab house he was with the most attractive woman I’ve seen in real life, she didn’t seem so pleased lol

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
so you're all bricking it about adama? I'm not scared, I'm glad he's not with us anymore, I grew tired of us resorting to him all the time only for him to run down a cul-de-sac or overhit a cross. Moved well on from him, although he was fun.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How anyone can give anything but applause and thanks to the likes of Adama and Raul just blows my mind.

Then again, people walk amongst us that booed Diogo Jota.

The whole class of 2017-20 have nothing but respect, admiration and gratitude from me.

You'll struggle to find a nicer person than Adama. One of footballs genuine good guys.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's quite amazing that he still has his own thread on the Mix.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's quite amazing that he still has his own thread on the Mix.
I just hope that it hasn't grown by several pages tomorrow.

so you're all bricking it about adama? I'm not scared, I'm glad he's not with us anymore, I grew tired of us resorting to him all the time only for him to run down a cul-de-sac or overhit a cross. Moved well on from him, although he was fun.
... and as a Wolves fan l just hope that this sort of disrespect for a former player doesn't come back to bite us in the ass. You are entitled to your view and l am entitled to completely disagree.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Certainly no hate for Adama here, the only irritation is that we didn't sell while he was punching above his weight and looking semi dangerous for a bit. Another big error made by us.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
You'll struggle to find a nicer person than Adama. One of footballs genuine good guys.

Absolutely. Remember the story when he signed for us about a young Boro fan who was devastated that his favourite player was leaving. Adama turned up at his house to thank him for his support and gave him his training kit and boots as a gift.

Occasionally frustrating but gave us 5 very entertaining years and his best season played a large part in our most successful one for a generation.

Hope he (and obviously Raul) gets a great reception tomorrow…then goes on to have a stinker…

Wellington Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Similar to Jota he's a form player. He can destroy anyone on his day, but never all. (Jota has more imo.) But I know tomorrow will be one! Shame no coach has unlocked the final potential

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you consider Adama’s stats, you’ll realize that he’s not likely to score…..or even get an assist.
If you look at what the recruitment teams look at though, as in things like shot creating actions where a player has done something to open up a defence before the move has played out, he was always VERY high for us. Judging his contributions by goals and assists gives an illusion he did far less than he actually did. Watch that fateful game where Raúl fractured his skull, Traore got no goals or assists, but we don't win it without him, we don't score without him, he was key to us winning that game despite what the goals and assists columns say, and it's far from the only game he was important in

Hope he gets a good reception tomorrow, one of the few players who whenever he picked up the ball there was a buzz in the ground

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely. Remember the story when he signed for us about a young Boro fan who was devastated that his favourite player was leaving. Adama turned up at his house to thank him for his support and gave him his training kit and boots as a gift.

Occasionally frustrating but gave us 5 very entertaining years and his best season played a large part in our most successful one for a generation.

Hope he (and obviously Raul) gets a great reception tomorrow…then goes on to have a stinker…
Great story, Tring, and I hope he gets a good reception tomorrow.

I will just say that I can’t remember him causing us too many problems when he played for Middlesbrough or Villa.

Hope I am not tempting fate.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You couldn’t be further from the truth. Why you’re comparing a wing back to a forward is baffling to be honest. RAN will be playing champions league football in 18 months

Feet are feet and brains are brains, regardless of position on a football pitch. Both have feet that work faster than their brains. It's that frustration of watching a player who can beat opponents with ease, then doesnt' do much with it. That's the comparison. In 18 months, there will still be a load of second rate teams from minor nations in it, so that is a possibility.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Great story, Tring, and I hope he gets a good reception tomorrow.

I will just say that I can’t remember him causing us too many problems when he played for Middlesbrough or Villa.

Hope I am not tempting fate.
Didn’t he run us a little ragged when we played Boro away in that win, when Neves & Doc got sent off?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Bit gutted we won't be seeing Raul tomorrow, Adama will get nothing but applause from me ( just hope he doesn't score or get an assist) , I've never got why fans boo former players when they gave their all for us
IF they gave their all for us. Sadly some players that’s not true.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My biggest concern today is someone like Gomes getting sent off, after all the years of opposition players like Harry Kane kicking him up in the air, you know we only need to blow on him to get a caution.

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
Definitely shouldn't be boo'd. Although it didn't always end with a goal or assist he always tried and tbf gave us some magic moments now and then. Id like to think a warm round of applause happens but then again some boo'd Jota too.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will Adama get booed?

What an absurd suggestion/question!!!

Nothing but respect for what he and Raul contributed when they were here, Raul almost giving his life.

If I had anything to do with it, the whole stadium would stand for them and give them a huge welcome back !!!!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not the best footballer we have had play for us, not even in the fosun years but definitely was one of the most exciting....he was a joy to watch.....and seems a great bloke to boot.....gets nothing but respect from me....

On Jimenez, I'm sure I seen some pictures on his Instagram of him training last week.....whether he was just starting back not sure....

Back
Top Bottom