Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Yerson Mosquera

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think at a club like Wolves it really depends on what the owners want for us. If we want push on and become season on season European contenders then in our present set up I'd say Toti, possibly Dawson (certainly after another season), Bueno, Bellegarde, Hwang, are not of the required standard tbh. I think if Mosquera has anything about him he should play for us next season. If it works out then it could save us a fortune in finding a new ch.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get that when we are high up the pitch, but he also does it at incorrect times. The example I gave was when our defensive line were defending on the edge of their own penalty area and the ball was on the other side of the pitch. I am pretty sure GON hasn't told him to step up in that instance and leave a huge gap for an opposition player to exploit. We went from a non-threatening position to being undone with one pass because of his positioning.
Fair enough, I'll be honest I don't remember this incident.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has anyone actually seen him play in Spain to see how he’s progressed? I watched him a fair bit in our under 23s prior to going to America and he looked VERY raw. Had the obvious attributes of being big and strong, pacy and good in the tackle but he was very erratic and positionally awful (used his pace to get him out of trouble a lot). Watched a few MLS games but was hard to judge him really as it’s a pretty hopeless standard on the hole. Personally feels there’s a lot of clamour to play him next year without actually seeing him
Same would almost certainly have been said about Toti along the similar stages of his development.
Mosquera has the attributes to do what Toti has.
If he can be a right sided version of Toti, that would make for a very interesting team… a back 3 caperble of being a genuine 3 (not a glorified 5) or ebbing and flowing as a back 4 but alternating which side does what Toti & RAN currently do. Add in a Rodrigo Gomes or Chiquinho at rwb and it could possibly be very tasty….

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think at a club like Wolves it really depends on what the owners want for us. If we want push on and become season on season European contenders then in our present set up I'd say Toti, possibly Dawson (certainly after another season), Bueno, Bellegarde, Hwang, are not of the required standard tbh. I think if Mosquera has anything about him he should play for us next season. If it works out then it could save us a fortune in finding a new ch.
FFP wont allowance is to push on......it's already putting the brakes on Newcastle...it not as simple as what the owners want....

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FFP wont allowance is to push on......it's already putting the brakes on Newcastle...it not as simple as what the owners want....
If we're impacted by FFP then surely every team is? We've proved this season, so far, you can sail close to the FFP edge and still have a chance of making Europe. Imv our aim should be to emulate BHA and unearth young talent at a good price, like RAN, Neto and Gomes. That has to be the way forward; Mosquera may fit the bill?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we're impacted by FFP then surely every team is? We've proved this season, so far, you can sail close to the FFP edge and still have a chance of making Europe. Imv our aim should be to emulate BHA and unearth young talent at a good price, like RAN, Neto and Gomes. That has to be the way forward; Mosquera may fit the bill?
Yes agree.....but obviously as we don't have the income as some of the teams above us it's not as easy as what the owners want.....FFP has put the brakes on owners with more dosh than fosun....

It's an aim yes but not an expectation.... Reality is there are a lot bigger clubs than us chasing top 6, that we will have to compete with every season...

Do you really think Newcastle would be 8/9th if they could just do what the owners wanted....

Last edited:

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has anyone actually seen him play in Spain to see how he’s progressed? I watched him a fair bit in our under 23s prior to going to America and he looked VERY raw. Had the obvious attributes of being big and strong, pacy and good in the tackle but he was very erratic and positionally awful (used his pace to get him out of trouble a lot). Watched a few MLS games but was hard to judge him really as it’s a pretty hopeless standard on the hole. Personally feels there’s a lot of clamour to play him next year without actually seeing him
I would have loved to have been able to see his development. Like you I watched his U21 appearances and saw a very different potential to that of Totti, for example. He did not have the discipline, but there was something about his presence, at such an early age, that still made me think there was a future star there. I would love to see Mosquera, Totti and Hubner play together in Old Gold shirts. Maybe Bueno as well? Lots of hope for the future of our defense there. A quartet of players with more than a touch of character to add to their technical abilities.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't want to return to Wolves by the look of it then. Have we mismanaged his career?

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When you send players to big teams like Villareal and they play well this is the consequence. He has two years left on his contract so we have a decision to make.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Either it’s been the best couple months of his life or he's tired of bouncing around the world. He’ll be a Wolves player next season because we can’t get enough for him yet.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Read the rest of the article after that comment, "I have also told them that my intention is to have the opportunity to stay. But this is football and nobody knows what will happen. It may or may not happen.”

Not clear cut, sounds like clickbait to me.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That could also be interpreted as him keeping his options open and not wanting burn bridges anywhere. If he wants to leave us then we will see whether this is true in the summer, this time of year I don’t think much can be read in to anything as it’s all about posturing and looking out for number one.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's refreshing in a way to have a lad doing well on loan who may get interest.....always said if a decent offer comes in we will listen.......it's a better situation all round than having deadwood.....

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’s being twisted a bit to imply he “wants to leave”.
It’ll have been an interview with Spanish journalists, maybe even specific Villarreal journalists. He’s always going to talk up his pleasure at being there.
Hopefully as you say he isn’t going to say his loan has been bad. Spanish journalists are known for twisting stuff

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And if he spoke to the E&S he would probably say that "I am grateful for the development opportunities and i want to play in the PL for Wolves, but if they decide its best for the club and for me to go elsewhere, so be it, it is football".

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’s being twisted a bit to imply he “wants to leave”.
It’ll have been an interview with Spanish journalists, maybe even specific Villarreal journalists. He’s always going to talk up his pleasure at being there.
It (SuperDeporte) is, as you suggest, a regional paper focussing on Valencia, Villarreal and Levante.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Starting for Villareal or on the bench for Wolves, I think for most non-Wolves fans they’d opt for the Spanish club.
I’m sure Yerson has found the weather and language more welcoming in Spain than Wolverhampton and Cincinnati, and if these are his options sure, he could want to stay in Spain.

However, if Max is sold, and I think that’s a real possibility, that RCB spot in a back 3 opens up. Gary already likes him, he could be in every week with Toti on the left and Santi and Dawson as options in the middle. There’s a real chance that was the whole point of Yerson going to Villarreal, to play enough so that he might be ready to do exactly that. He’s played for basically 12 of the past 13 months, with just the break from this past mid-Dec to mid-Jan, pretty much straight through since he came back from his injury last winter and was shipped off. Not selling him for 7 figures, we’ll wait until he pops. He’ll get a chance in the prem.

Of course we’d love to bring in more senior players but let’s be serious.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you think that is his ceiling value then maybe his potential isn't as good as many think.
I don’t think it’s his ceiling but it’s a fair price to where he is now, from his quote it is seemingly it’s like he wants out, so no point keeping an unhappy player

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Easily dealt with, tell Villarreal we want £20 million for him and off he pops and everyone is a winner
I agree, but even that kind of fee is reaching towards their transfer record. If they show a willingness to pay that amount it has to send alarm bells regarding whether it would be a mistake. If for instance Man United or similar came in with £50m for Kilman I'd heavily consider it knowing what we have in Mosquera is effectively a ready-made replacement, alongside Toti, Bueno and Dawson.

I don't think he'll be happy sitting on our bench for a year.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree, but even that kind of fee is reaching towards their transfer record. If they show a willingness to pay that amount it has to send alarm bells regarding whether it would be a mistake. If for instance Man United or similar came in with £50m for Kilman I'd heavily consider it knowing what we have in Mosquera is effectively a ready-made replacement, alongside Toti, Bueno and Dawson.

I don't think he'll be happy sitting on our bench for a year.
For me it’s the fact he’s come out and said he wants to stay there. He’s starting pretty regularly from what I’ve seen so would he want to come back here and potentially be on the bench. It might be one of them where we take what we can to find other more urgent positions for us.

Back
Top Bottom