Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rodrigo Gomes

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another Gomes on the way and hopefully not planning for a Neto replacement.

Reported by the E and S tonight.

Wolves eyeing up potential summer swoop​

Wolves are weighing up a move for Portuguese winger Rodrigo Gomes this summer.

Last edited by a moderator:

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really like the sound of this one. A young exciting wingback that can play both sides? Sounds like a brilliant fit for the squad?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s good but he’s lightweight from what Iv seen. Sometimes takes these kind of players time to adapt. €12m low risk if true

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i don’t think £12m is low risk at all for where we are right now. without sounding like a broken record, the game is changing fonancially. i know it must seeem like i am always disagreeing with you MEW, but i genuinely think you haven’t made allowances for that going forward.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching his youtube highlight reel is like watching prime Pedro Neto.

Left footed, same turn of pace, skillfull dribbler, composed in the final third
Transfer market says he’s right footed??

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With 'eyeing' and 'potential' in the headline; do I understand that this 'swoop' isn't a done deal. :tearsofjoy: Perhaps better suited to the 24 Summer Thread.

iamthenewno2

Reaction score
I’d not sign him purely on the headache of having another Gomes in the squad! It’s as confusing as my lads Sunday team that now has 5 “Jacob’s”
But if all 11 players on the pitch are Gomes, either by birth or by the club paying for a deed poll name change, the club will only have to have 5 letters in stock for the matchday shirts, another FFP saving.

Also tactically it is brilliant, imagine being on the opposition team and being told to mark Gomes, "which one boss?"

Last edited:

gullykular

Reaction score
Watching his youtube highlight reel is like watching prime Pedro Neto.

Left footed, same turn of pace, skillfull dribbler, composed in the final third
Sometimes content creators will mirror the footage to prevent getting brought down for copyright reasons

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't sound like it's the end of our search for talent in Portugal.....

Could it mean the end for Chiquhinho...
Strangely, Chiquinho only on the bench for Famalicao last night. (Thought he was said to be having a very good season).

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chiquinho doesn't score or assist much.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep seeing him compared to Neto as his replacement, or even Chiquinho… but he’s a right wing back. Maybe Wolves have plans to play him further forward, but that’s where he’s played this season with great success, far more prolific in an attacking sense than Semedo.

If we sign him, it’s most likely as Semedo’s successor, not Neto.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i don’t think £12m is low risk at all for where we are right now. without sounding like a broken record, the game is changing fonancially. i know it must seeem like i am always disagreeing with you MEW, but i genuinely think you haven’t made allowances for that going forward.
Well €12m is not far off what we paid for Bellegarde who is hot and cold that’s the market we find ourself in. Good player don’t get me wrong but sometimes the Iberians take a little longer to adapt. Neto, Neves & Jota made their names by working their balls off. The quality they had just was the cherry on the cake really

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well €12m is not far off what we paid for Bellegarde who is hot and cold that’s the market we find ourself in. Good player don’t get me wrong but sometimes the Iberians take a little longer to adapt. Neto, Neves & Jota made their names by working their balls off. The quality they had just was the cherry on the cake really
That's a very good point about work rate.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair without dishing the lad 12m to 18m max should probably get you Braga best player....like Simon Banza......not a kid they have loaned out .....

But its to early to speculate on a fee ...

Last edited:

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
20 mill weren't it mate?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
20 mill weren't it mate?
Just a number to me. £12.8m for Bellegarde and that Gomes probably €15/20 have to wait and see. If one of the Portuguese big boys come in forget that. Mendes could help us here

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
News on this from a website posted on Fb, so take the fee with a big pinch of salt.
'Wolves have signed Rodrigo Gomes from SC Braga for £38 million ahead of the summer, in Gary O’Neil’s first full summer as a replacement for Neto Pedro.'

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
38 m euros is his (inflated and unrealisable) release price. Other sources say he'll cost around 5m UKL
You get the feeling this could be a pre arranged deal. No other clubs really linked. Strange. We never really deal with Braga either

Back
Top Bottom