Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Santiago Bueno Signing

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bueno, Gomes, Kilman, Dawson and Mosquera looks like a pretty decent set of options to me.
A back up goalkeeper and our back 8 seem solid and capable of rotation. From midfield to goalkeeper.
I can see a plan of selling Neto and adding to the front three and we are set for some happy days.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A back up goalkeeper and our back 8 seem solid and capable of rotation. From midfield to goalkeeper.
I can see a plan of selling Neto and adding to the front three and we are set for some happy days.
We need more pacey options up front for how we play. The difference when neto and sarabia came on was stark last night. Ok it wasn't hwang's best night but even so.

At the back bueno looked great. More mobile than dawson and perhaps kilman too.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It depends on what we want to do with Mosquera and what we get for Neto, but it sounds to me like giving Mosquera a proper crack for nothing would be far better than spending a fortune on another CB when our options are already decent? So pleased that Bueno looks like he has the potential to be a really good longer term replacement for Dawson.

If it were me in the summer I'd be focusing on new keeper to challenge Sa, a young right back (like the Portugese lad from Braga we've been linked with if we've decided Hoever is crap), a central midfielder possibly (Brownhill on a free say perhaps with Traore perhaps to go out on loan might be smart business)? The main focus would then be a couple of new attackers (striker and winger) with Chiquinho also coming back to supplement it?

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thommo yesterday was saying Santi is quicker than he thought. Missed the game- I also have been thinking he’s a Dawson replacement but is it possible he’ll be able to play one of the outside CB spots?

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thommo yesterday was saying Santi is quicker than he thought. Missed the game- I also have been thinking he’s a Dawson replacement but is it possible he’ll be able to play one of the outside CB spots?
I don't see why not. Looks decent all round really?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It depends on what we want to do with Mosquera and what we get for Neto, but it sounds to me like giving Mosquera a proper crack for nothing would be far better than spending a fortune on another CB when our options are already decent? So pleased that Bueno looks like he has the potential to be a really good longer term replacement for Dawson.

If it were me in the summer I'd be focusing on new keeper to challenge Sa, a young right back (like the Portugese lad from Braga we've been linked with if we've decided Hoever is crap), a central midfielder possibly (Brownhill on a free say perhaps with Traore perhaps to go out on loan might be smart business)? The main focus would then be a couple of new attackers (striker and winger) with Chiquinho also coming back to supplement it?
Blimey - That is a lot.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blimey - That is a lot.
I wasn't intending to suggest wholesale changes tbh, just improving bits of the squad that need it and adding some firepower (particularly if Neto goes). Personally if I'm being brutal right now I think we can improve on Bentley, Doc and Traore as squad players, and we would certainly need to replace Neto as well as bringing in a striker? With Traore I actually think a decent loan and him playing a lot as Mosquera has would potentially benefit us more than him sitting on the bench. Brownhill is on a free and would be a solid if unspectacular squad addition IMV. I know we had interest, so its why I suggested it as a possibility?

WolvesinBrum

Groupie
Reaction score
S. Bueno looks great, really calm and composed.

It's not easy slotting into a well established back 3 for odd matches even though it's turning into a terrific season.

Looking forward to seeing more of him in the seasons to come.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bueno looked really fast snuffing out an attack down their left in the second half.

Back
Top Bottom