Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

FA Cup, Brighton home

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will they risk some of those players with a game on the weekend and their first ever European knockout game next Thursday away at Roma?

Time will tell I suppose. I’m hoping for no Gross or Adingra, those two always stand out for them.

I'm hoping not, but they seem to be down to the bare bones! Not sure if they'll play the kids instead

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hate to revel in players being injured but this BHA injury news gives us a huge boost tbh. I think with their season the way it is they'll most likely prioritise the league, Europe, then FA Cup. I think there could well be some of their kids/reserves playing but BHA always play good, attacking football which should play into our hands. I think/hope Neto will have a field day and we will be in the last 8 tomorrow night.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They will probably pull some kid out Brighton who nobody has heard off and he will score a hat trick, and go to Chelsea for 100m in the summer...

They still have a decent amount of players to pick from.....
Absolutely quality team still

Probably be something like

Steele
Veltman Webster Dunk Estupinan
Lallana Moder Groß
Fati Welbeck Enisco

We are going to have to play well to win this. Make no mistake about it

Last edited:

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Steele
Lallana Moder Groß
Fati Ferguson Enisco

We are going to have to play well to win this. Make no mistake about it
Ferguson is out....but yes they still have a decent side....

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Steele
Lallana Moder Groß
Fati Ferguson Enisco
Ferguson and Veltman are out. Lallana just returned from an injury as well I think so unlikely to start for them. On their forum the consensus seems to be something like:

Steele
Lamptey Van Hecke Dunk Estupinan
Gross Baleba
Buonnanote Enciso Adingra
Fati​

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Wolves fans Twitter gone off on a weird one tonight

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The tickets are 50% more expensive than they ought to be, right? I mean, supply and demand...

surreywolf

Reaction score
You just know Brighton will have some ****-hot kids champing at the bit to show they are worth a run in the first team….. I hope we turn up

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The price is always the most significant factor.

Some try and argue that if we played Liverpool/United etc. that it would sell out, but there's not much to back that up.

In 2019, we played Liverpool at home in the third round and got 25,849 and £30 an adult. Liverpool brought the Steve Bull lower and the quadrant.

In the fourth round we got 28,844 against Shrewsbury Town when the ticket was £15. Shrewsbury didn't sell out all the Steve Bull lower.

So it's hard to accept the glory hunter tag that some want to throw about.

I'm a season ticket holder so this sort of thing doesn't usually register with me, but I saw on social media that face value for a South Bank ticket on Sunday was £41.50!! Sheffield United at home on the TV. It's insane and presumably closer to £50 on the sides?

This usually triggers a response of 'everyone else charges loads' or 'have two pints less at the pub' or other rubbish.

Yes football clubs on a whole are greedy ****s but we don't care about others, it's about Wolves for us, and unfortunately we're one of the worst in the country for this.

If we can't sell out against Brighton at home for a place in the QF of the FA Cup then you shouldn't be a fool like that Danks and question our support. Your questions should be towards those who set it at a price that's too much.

We're a football club based in one of the poorest areas in the country and it would be nice for our club to recognise that every now and then with the ticket prices, especially in a cup game that they won't have (or shouldn't have) budgeted for.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's like going to buy a new tyre for your car ,,,going back to get an identical tyre 3 weeks later ,and it's gone up 50 pc ...big mistake by the club.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s such a shame the club have done what they’ve done with this.

The money men have clearly done the numbers and called this amount as the optimum price for gate revenue, I wonder whether they go as in depth as to look at which ST holders always take up their seats, who did it for Brentford and also which members buy tickets for cup games. I guess they can do the same for supporter numbers and general sale as well.

Basically what I’m banging on about it that £30 isn’t a random price.

Again, such a shame the club have been like this.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
From a Brighton friend of mine earlier this morning - “Going up to Wolves this evening but l think we will lose. If we do l hope it will be after 90 mins. Mitoma is out for the rest of the season and Veltman, Ferguson and probably Welbeck are out. Along with Gilmore, Joao Pedro, Milner, Hinshelwood and March. Can't understand why so many clubs are picking up soooo many injuries.”

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
I would have gone up tonight with my partner and son, then I saw the prices and thought **** that. So blame the club not the supporters
General Sale ticket prices in the Graham Hughes temp stand were cheapest which you may have bought. But after advertising them, see the OP and price list by Netherton, the club didn't put that stands tickets on sale for people to buy them. Adults costing 22 quid instead of 27 and 33 in the other stands.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From a Brighton friend of mine earlier this morning - “Going up to Wolves this evening but l think we will lose. If we do l hope it will be after 90 mins. Mitoma is out for the rest of the season and Veltman, Ferguson and probably Welbeck are out. Along with Gilmore, Joao Pedro, Milner, Hinshelwood and March. Can't understand why so many clubs are picking up soooo many injuries.”
Too many games , that's why clubs are picking up so many injuries...... European football , too many cups, too much international football, tournaments mid season......far far far too many games .....

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every time we play a side supposedly weakened by injuries we rarely take advantage. They will still field a side well capable of seeing us off. Same as when a side has some 3rd choice goalie on they often have a blinder.
Totally agree
Its 11 v 11 of professional footballers, they may not be first choice but they are still very good players
We have played the youngsters in the past and they have had great games,its just they cant keep up the intensity over a long period and generally hit a lower plateau than the better players after a few games
Tonight will be a hard game no matter what team we play against,lets hope we can just rise to the occasion and progress

Back
Top Bottom