Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Astropay Half Time Winner - Breaking News

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Typical !
When he went close the first time, I turned to my mate and said "that's as close as he's going to get, it will never happen in a lifetime".

Bang, in it goes and I'm not watching. :(

Well done to the bloke; "sign him up" went the chant.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said to my mate, most pointless thing ever - no-one has won in 79 attempts. Then you went and scored (after a great first attempt). He always thinks I exaggerate everything so you did nothing to help.

Felt sorry for the person behind you. £100 I'd have walked off, not going to embarrass myself for £100.

The Weasel

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bar Sarabia's goal it was the highlight of the day. A dire game of attrition football, lifted by a winner in the seemingly unwinnable Astropay game, and a battering of the opposition in the disability match. Well done sir, and thanks for giving me and my son something to cheer and an "I was there" moment :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Reaction score
Bar Sarabia's goal it was the highlight of the day. A dire game of attrition football, lifted by a winner in the seemingly unwinnable Astropay game, and a battering of the opposition in the disability match. Well done sir, and thanks for giving me and my son something to cheer and an "I was there" moment :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Honestly, still can't quite believe it. Wish I'd done a lap of honour!! I couldn't enjoy the first half when I was thinking about it all, then the second half was dire but all I wanted to do was get to the pub!!!
I just knew 100% I was gonna nail it. It was absolutely terrifying until I placed the ball.... was in the zone for sure.
That's one for boring the family, colleagues etc etc to death with for a long while trust me!
COYW!!

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got to say congratulations. You were close with the 1st shot as well. And enough money for next seasons ST (hopefully).
I thought it was like one of those fairground games where the hoop or whatever is just too small! Though maybe there's some poor kid at Astropay getting the sack today, " I told you the O had to be smaller than a football"!

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly, still can't quite believe it. Wish I'd done a lap of honour!! I couldn't enjoy the first half when I was thinking about it all, then the second half was dire but all I wanted to do was get to the pub!!!
I just knew 100% I was gonna nail it. It was absolutely terrifying until I placed the ball.... was in the zone for sure.
That's one for boring the family, colleagues etc etc to death with for a long while trust me!
COYW!!
Congratulations… you can eat out on that one for the rest of your life :)

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All across social media now. Just watched it on Official Wolves Facebook page - 1000 likes in under an hour and everybody delighted for you.

A Chelsea fan asked if they could sign you up as a striker.

Reaction score
All across social media now. Just watched it on Official Wolves Facebook page - 1000 likes in under an hour and everybody delighted for you.

A Chelsea fan asked if they could sign you up as a striker.
Chelsea? Nah, I bleed black and gold!!
Not sure they'd want a 55 year old who reckons he's 28 but if they offer some good dollar I'll pass it straight to charity!! I'd last about 3 minutes (maybe longer if there's a VAR check. Ah well we can all dream and revel in a moment of history!!

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
It had felt like in recent months that participants in the half time comp were being selected on the condition that they'd never kicked a football before, so was quite surprised when the first shot came as close as it did. My mate said " sign him up", I said " he'll never get the second attempt anywhere near..... oh he's nailed it!!"

Reaction score
Connor McNamara was doing the Radio 5 commentary and both he and Clinton Morrison both mentioned the Astropay Half Time winner in the second half commentary !!!!
Seriously??? OMG I need to get hold of that recording!! My life is complete. Mentioned in a 5 Live commentary!!

Reaction score
It had felt like in recent months that participants in the half time comp were being selected on the condition that they'd never kicked a football before, so was quite surprised when the first shot came as close as it did. My mate said " sign him up", I said " he'll never get the second attempt anywhere near..... oh he's nailed it!!"
Thanks for that! It's completely surreal. But have to agree, I did absolutely smash it.... So bloody happy as like you it was getting absurd seeing people make such a hash of it week after week!! COYW

The Weasel

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
COYW!!
As I'm sure others have said, you absolutely must buy a lottery ticket this week mate...

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair play to the dude.

Some of the past participates have been truly awful. Most of them haven't even struck a clean ball in their life.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Mr Creosote

Reaction score
Congratulations! So close with the first shot, and nailed the second!

What makes it better, is that my father in law was one of the Brentford failures, who didn't even keep it in between the posts lol :D

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today Antiques Roadshow is in Cornwall where a Liskeard man brings along something called a Pioneer Stereo !!!!!!!!

I have a trusty old Philips one myself and I have a Sharp radio/cassette player than still functions perfectly, now that really is an antique !!!!!!!!!
Re your second para, the electronics or the owner???

Back
Top Bottom