Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Kilman keep or sell?

Would you keep or sell Max Kilman?

• Sell

Votes: 95 31.3%
  • Keep

Votes: 209 68.8%

• Total voters

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems the fan base is divided over our captain Max Kilman.

Would you sell if a 40m offer came in for him?

Mosquera coming back and Bueno waiting in the wings. Could some big cash be made?

What makes me ask the question. Some fans Iv spoke to have different opinions on the same player….

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Max, but he’s not irreplaceable and I’m not sure I really have him marked as captain material tbh.

Good footballer and great with the ball at his feet, good at carrying it forward, but he isn’t a dominant defender and doesn’t really have a great deal of pace.

I wouldn’t be in a rush to see him leave, but equally I wouldn’t be devastated to see him sold. This poll is missing an on the fence/not fussed either way vote imo.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I heard a quite interesting tidbit the other day. I'm not normally one to idly pass on unqualified information or rumour but I've heard this from quite a well established and well known source. I'll admit he's more on the media side that the inner echelons of wolves but I do trust this man and he's been proved to be right on other occasions about player transfers, the recent wish to divest some of the ownership of the club, managerial appointments and other material that wouldn't necessarily be easily accessible within the public domain. What I'm trying to say is that I trust this person and feel I can share it on here without compromising my own ideals or risking the wrath of fellow supporters who may be understandably disappointed if this information I've been told turns out not to be true... which can often be the case. I feel that I can post with impunity and in this case ask for forgiveness rather than permission. I shan't be taking part in the actual poll as I feel the information I know means my view is somewhat compromised. I hope this is reasonable and doesn't rustle too many feathers on here. With that all said, I have it on good authority that Max used to play Futsal.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t we need a poll about selling players every time they have a bit of criticism, we’d have no one left within a few months.

He’s way too passive though, sometimes I just want to give him a good shake. For a 6ft odd centre half of Eastern European descent, called ‘Maximilian Kilman’ he really doesn’t live up to his name sometimes.

In saying that, rarely does he do much wrong on the ball, starts so many of our attacks. The modern centre half I guess. Also worth remembering he could very easily have left last summer but chose to stay.

Just would like to see him step into his leadership role a bit more sometimes. That second half today was a perfect example where we needed someone to get a grip of everyone and get things back on track.

All stuff that’s both coach able and also comes with experience. Absurd to suggest selling him though.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep him, Dawson can't have too much more left in him so some semblance of continuity in central defence is needed when settling in a new partner for Kilman.
I wouldn't have made him captain though, would prefer Lemina, however to take the armband from him could have a negative effect, so in the off season I would hope he and the boss have a chat where its mutually decided that kilman isn't, at present, a suitable club captain.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Mosquera coming back and Bueno waiting in the wings. Could some big cash be made?

What makes me ask the question. Some fans Iv spoke to have different opinions on the same player….
Seems they aren't divided really!!

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’m never sure if Max just suits Wolves and would flop elsewhere or whether he could go on to be even better at a top side.

Never sure whether he goes unnoticed because he doesn’t get involved enough or whether he’s that good he makes it look effortless.

He is quite unique imo and that is probably worth a lot.

I always used to think I was indecisive but now I am not so sure.

Reaction score
Really like Max. It’s a great story signing from non-league to playing in Europe and captaining the side in the Premier League. I think he’s quality. I just wish he had more confidence to express himself. Every now and again he carries the ball out from the back and is quite capable of skipping past their midfield, would like to see more of that.

His defensive work is underrated in my opinion, wins a lot in the air, blocks well too

Milijas

Reaction score
Wtf am I reading... Anyone seen his outside of the foot whips the last few games up the wing to Semedo/Neto to put them behind. The bloke has the Coady/Neves spray in him.
Solid at the back.
Looks laid back but is an absolute baller and is by far the 2nd best English CB (after stones) in the ******* world and isn't costing us a massive wage.
Sell him and we will drop a couple of places in the league unless we spend a bomb on a foreign replacement from a top European team..

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d be looking to keep him a while yet. I’m far more confident in Max being a quality Premier League centre half in a couple of years than I am Dawson or Toti.
Age will do Dawson but I don’t share your Toti assumption.
*sorry, I misread your post. I didn’t notice ‘centre half’. Coz I’m a lazy reader I read ‘defender’.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
he’s a good player, having a good season.
the nature of our model means that anyone is available and having cost so little would be great for the accounts.

i’d rather keep him, but today showed why i don’t think he’s necessarily captain material. a couple of shocking touches and moments where he panicked.

But having to replace two of the back three in the coming couple of years isn’t ideal either.

A better question would be who would you rather sell.

Kilman at £40m or Neto at £65m?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't want to sell him, but if they do they could do worse than look at Ahmedhodzic when the Blades go down.
Now that’s one good Profit & Sustainability suggestion! Sell Kilman for 40m and buy Ahmedhodzic for 20m rinse and repeat

TriumphWolf

Reaction score

personally I don’t think it will be a question of ‘which one’ , I’m confident that Neto will be sold in the summer (assuming he doesn’t have another injury). In the case of Max it would simply be a question of how much is offered, everyone has their price.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A good player, but on occasion too passive and imo not really the best suited in the team to be captain

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
he’s a good player, having a good season.
the nature of our model means that anyone is available and having cost so little would be great for the accounts.

i’d rather keep him, but today showed why i don’t think he’s necessarily captain material. a couple of shocking touches and moments where he panicked.

But having to replace two of the back three in the coming couple of years isn’t ideal either.

Kilman all day long

Woolywolf

Reaction score
He’s got all the attributes to do what Stones does for City and step into midfield and create the extra man. Find it frustrating that we don’t ask him to be more progressive

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to sell any of our key players but if it was a choice to lose him or someone like Neto or Gomes then it's an easy decision.
If it was a straight 40m for Kilman I don't think we could say no.
He's a good player but I think he benefits from the system and I think Dawson helps him massively.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sell him provided we can replace with better……..otherwise why would you sell him?
The poll should also take into consideration Dawson’s age.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He's a good premier league defender so we keep him. It doesn't matter who is coming back, we don't know if they'll settle or be as good as we think they will be, and if we've sold Max and we're left with a gaping hole we'll not exactly be moving forwards.
Hold fire on selling anyone who has a decent price tag, cutting our noses off to spite our face might not work.
For me the sensible option is to keep him unless he wants out.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How often do we talk about the Fosun model ….. sell players at their peak value and invest in cheaper, promising talent.
We missed the boat on Traore & Jimenez, we’d be crazy not to sell Kilman, who is an average CB and who is often caught out of position for £40m….
I don’t like the Fosun business model but that’s just the way it is.

Milijas

Reaction score
How often do we talk about the Fosun model ….. sell players at their peak value and invest in cheaper, promising talent.
We missed the boat on Traore & Jimenez, we’d be crazy not to sell Kilman, who is an average CB and who is often caught out of position for £40m….
I don’t like the Fosun business model but that’s just the way it is.
Kilman could be solid for the next four to Six years would £40m really get you an 'Average'(your words) CB who can fit straight in to the PL and sustain it for that long or could we could get a dud like Jesus Vallejo? The grass ain't always greener..

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just don’t understand the point of this thread.

Ok, so we sell him for £40million, which is his value that Mixers have mentioned. Who does that leave us with? An ageing (but still very good) Craig Dawson, decent Toti and Premier League inexperienced Santi Bueno. That would worry me no end.

Max is a top, top Premier League central defender and it would cost the supposed £40million we get to replace him imo!

He’s our captain, very happy at the club and a very, very good central defender. No pressure to sell, so why start a thread?

Why not start a keep or sell for every one of our players. Let’s start another keep or replace GON while we’re at it as well. Why not start another Fosun in or out thread?

These threads wind me up a bit when they mention our best players!

Back
Top Bottom