Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sheffield Utd verdict

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same as one or two others… Lemina was decent enough and Semedo started well.

Had more enjoyable trips to the dentist, mind.

Sir Ron

Groupie
Reaction score
His first shot was sooo close too amazing I never thought anyone would win it
He was as cool as a cucumber, first one hit the “post” he never flinched, just stepped up second time and sealed the deal, no knee slides to the corner flag or any of that, just took it like a champ, if anyone deserved to win that wretched Astropay half time rubbish we’ve been put through this season it was Ed, yes his name was Ed, take a bow Ed.
The poor guy that followed him was playing for £100 after Ed’s money grab too and it showed

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Listened to the second half on my drive to wrestling on the Wolves app. That's really not the best experience, is it? lol

Glad we held on.

But look at the positives. We best someone we should have beat.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plenty of teams have these performances. I.e villa have been ****ing shocking in a good many of their matches yet they manage to get through.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lads and lasses please don't start saying how everyone is crªp after that performance, it was always going to be tricky, we got through it, survival is guaranteed pretty much now and we're in witha a chance of europe so let's just be positive ffs.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Inexplicable. One can only assume the drastic slowing of tempo was deliberate, but it was stupid, and a better team than Sheffield would have happily eviscerated us. Not the first time we've done it, it makes no sense, but we got away with it.

We have 2 more crucial games in the next 6 days. There's the sense.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great sportsmanship from Sarabia, otherwise it would have been 2-0
Reminds me of the Michael Branch incident against nottm forest many years ago when the ref waved play on after dave beasant decided to put the ball out with a forest player down but didn't reach touch, we played on and scored. Beasant ran up to the halfway line for the restart and was screaming at Branch.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have never been unhappy when we have won. I am always unhappy when we lose. Winning makes my weekend and losing ruins it. I don't care how we win, or how we lose. I only care about winning.

8th in the league, not bad for a PE teacher.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought we were alright in the first half but lacked the final ball, great ball from Rayan and lovely header from Sarabia.

The second half was an absolute shambles, probably the worst 45 minutes of the season and we are very lucky to come out of that game with a win. We couldn’t pass, nobody was interested in running at them (RAN and Neto), we created basically nothing and just looked panicked all the time at the back. I couldn’t believe the difference from the first half, which while wasn’t great we were at least in control of the game.

Really **** performance and disappointing to put in another display like that against the leagues whipping boys.

Hwang was absolutely anonymous too, should have given Fraser a run out because Hwang was literally doing nothing but mis control and fall over.

But three points is the main thing, and up to 8th is incredible really.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Incredible how much stick our fanbase gets from OUR OWN despite WINNING lmao :rolleyes:
Fair comment but it’s the manner of the win especially when we have Newcastle and Fulham to face.
If we want Europe next season or even make the F.A. Cup final the we can’t afford to play like we did in today’s second half.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Incredible how much stick our fanbase gets from OUR OWN despite WINNING lmao :rolleyes:
It’s not giving stick it’s just an observation. 2 or 3 times I can remember off the top of my head fans rushed our players into giving the ball away. Maybe they were told to slow down and invite pressure, maybe we were just crap. Obviously I get the frustration but we were winning, so what if we keep the ball a bit

WolvesinBrum

Groupie
Reaction score
Scruffy wins are good.

Not sure the team with the most scruffy wins takes the league every year but they are part of being good and improving on.

No obvious injuries going into Wednesday?

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lads and lasses please don't start saying how everyone is crªp after that performance, it was always going to be tricky, we got through it, survival is guaranteed pretty much now and we're in witha a chance of europe so let's just be positive ffs.
I don’t think anyone is going to say anyone’s crap after winning, certainly not with where we are in the league (etc).

By and large, we played crap, though.

The same’s true when we lose or draw, we don’t/won’t/can’t play well every game, that’s a fact of life.

**** performances can be called as such, though :)

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RAN's role in the team is very interesting. I thought he was really good first half and seems to be play as Alexander Arnold does at Liverpool in a midfield role rather than out and out wing back. Second half he wasnt great but first half he looked quality and I loved that sort of free role he was in.

Sarabia or Lemina MOM for me.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
RAN's role in the team is very interesting. I thought he was really good first half and seems to be play as Alexander Arnold does at Liverpool in a midfield role rather than out and out wing back. Second half he wasnt great but first half he looked quality and I loved that sort of free role he was in.

Sarabia or Lemina MOM for me.
I remember Gary describing him as mad but I do like the free reign he has he is having a great season and seems to be enjoying himself

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I saw it our poor performance in the second half was largely down to Sheffield United upping their game and making it difficult for us. Something they did very well!

Generally you play as well as the opposition let you.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need a sports psychologist when we play the teams at the lower end of the table. It must be psychological why we are so awful against these teams. Why do we get so nervous? We looked half asleep in the second half. But at least we won and we are up to 8th which is a wonderful achievement.
It’s not psychological for me. It’s as they say in boxing ‘styles make fights’. We match up brilliantly against a come forward swarmer / puncher, because we’re a counter puncher.
When someone stays in their shell and won’t engage we don’t have the style to pick them apart…. yet.

But weirdly I believe in GON.

I’m calling it now, if we back him in the summer I think we win something.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely horrendous performance

What on earth is he thinking if he thinks Dawson standing on the ball for 30 seconds is the way to break down a team

TelfordWolf

Reaction score
Poor performance - especially the second half but would have taken 1-0 before the game to see us into 8th position.

Sheff Utd are an awful side and we gave them way too many chances.

Thought McAtee looked poor - very lightweight.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely horrendous performance

What on earth is he thinking if he thinks Dawson standing on the ball for 30 seconds is the way to break down a team
He doesn't he's said that in the post match players not making right decisions being positive . Stifled. It's a win we are 8th come on

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I didn't mind the first half, yes we struggled to create much and they hit us a few times on the break, but I still thought all we needed was the first goal, and we'd cruise home.

I really don't know what happened in the second half, a slow start is one thing, but we just never got going. Weirdly I didn't think anyone was poor exactly, we just took the safe option all the time. It was a game where we saw again why we wanted a 9, Hwang battled, but won little. Neto was both poor and our biggest threat. I want to say O'Neil should have changed it, but he did his best and nothing seemed to help.

If it's true that a good team wins when they play poorly, then we must be brilliant (or Sheff U are just very poor).

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a reminder that whilst we bemoaning actually winning, Sheffield United have been a thorn in the CL challenging sides.

Spurs pulled it out the back in extra time and Villa drew with them, almost losing.

Lets get some perspective, we won, we won ugly. If this was City doing it we would be waxing about the hallmark of champions, but because it's Wolves, it's doom and gloom, so boring.

Back
Top Bottom