Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matheus Cunha

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
‘Run into the ground’ is a little sensationalist. They’re unlucky if they play more than once a week.
Crikey, don’t tell them what happens if we qualify for Europe…arghhhh!
I look at our squad and stay with my opinion. Hwang , Sarabia and Neto are going to have to play every match now . We need good luck.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“Matheus Cunha is a hamstring injury. A little bit of muscle damage in the middle of the muscle. He’s really optimistic, he feels good, not too much pain there. He’s keen to get straight to work and start pushing and getting back to help the team as soon as he can. We haven’t set any timelines.

“We obviously know there’s an injury there, but pain and symptom wise, he’s feeling very good, and we want to give him every opportunity to keep pushing as hard as he can. Obviously, we respect the injury and the symptoms, but it’s important that we allow the team and Matheus opportunities to work hard to get him back as soon as possible.”

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We just need to hope that, as Neto injury was largely the making of Sarabia....Lemina n Gomes absence was the making of Doyle, that Cunha absence allows us to find another player.....
Bellegarde seems the obvious candidate, but I still think he’s firmly behind the current front three. He needs to show more initiative rather than constantly playing it safe, clearly has the ability to drive with the ball but rarely does it!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bellegarde seems the obvious candidate, but I still think he’s firmly behind the current front three. He needs to show more initiative rather than constantly playing it safe, clearly has the ability to drive with the ball but rarely does it!
covering for Cunha may help him a little.....being a bit more wide and slightly back.....obviously through no fault of his own he has struggled with the central role.....Most people had written Sarabia off pre Neto injury....the situation isn't ideal but it could be the making of someone..

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
so what's the answer lads? How are we going to win the FA cup without Cunha? I was fully expecting us to win it until that man got injured. Absolutely distraught.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can't we just bring in some bad boy on loan until end of season to win us the cup?

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’ll be similar to the Neto timeline. They won’t want to rush him back and cause any long term damage. Probably our best bet is getting him back in late April, just in time for our Wembley semi-final…
I’m starting to think he’ll be back much sooner than feared. GON was really quite bullish on the situation during his press conference after the game today.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I’m starting to think he’ll be back much sooner than feared. GON was really quite bullish on the situation during his press conference after the game today.
I thought the same. They won’t rush him of course but from the sounds of it hes not gonna be out for that long.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope that you are right. He was on fire.

Reaction score
Latest news I have on Cunha and his injury is that it was at least as bad as that suffered by Neto, if not slightly worse, and, in reality, he shouldn't really play again until next season. At least that's what the medical team would prefer if they had their way.

However, he loves playing for Wolves and is absolutely desperate to get back and GON has asked the medical team to do all they can to get him back as soon as possible. There is clearly a risk to this as, if he breaks down, a setback would mean him going under the knife and a summer of recuperation.

The fact that GON is willing to be less patient than he was with Neto could indicate that he really fancies our chances of pushing for Europe and he wants to be given every chance to achieve this and is ready to take a calculated risk on his fitness.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Latest news I have on Cunha and his injury is that it was at least as bad as that suffered by Neto, if not slightly worse, and, in reality, he shouldn't really play again until next season. At least that's what the medical team would prefer if they had their way.

However, he loves playing for Wolves and is absolutely desperate to get back and GON has asked the medical team to do all they can to get him back as soon as possible. There is clearly a risk to this as, if he breaks down, a setback would mean him going under the knife and a summer of recuperation.

The fact that GON is willing to be less patient than he was with Neto could indicate that he really fancies our chances of pushing for Europe and he wants to be given every chance to achieve this and is ready to take a calculated risk on his fitness.
I don't like the sound of that. The backroom staff should be protecting players from themselves where and when necessary.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

For me, it depends where we are in April. If our form tails off, and we're out of the cup, why risk it? If we have a good chance of Europe, and a Wembley semi-final, then it's a decision to make. Certainly is risky though, last thing we need is causing permanent damage to his hamstrings.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
For me, it depends where we are in April. If our form tails off, and we're out of the cup, why risk it? If we have a good chance of Europe, and a Wembley semi-final, then it's a decision to make. Certainly is risky though, last thing we need is causing permanent damage to his hamstrings.
They’ll ease him back slowly similar to Neto he won’t play until the medical team give the go ahead no matter where we are in the league or cup.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
best player ever to play for wolves
Just seen this rather remarkable statement. I assume you are about 12 years of age and never saw Neves, Jota and Jimenez in their prime? And before that Bully and before him the likes of Dougan, Wagstaffe and Richards and before them Billy Wright?

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't like the sound of that. The backroom staff should be protecting players from themselves where and when necessary.
Klopp was saying the other day that the player has the final say as to when they will return. This is as it should be as an individual who is of sane mind should have the final say where medical treatment (or not) is concerned.

Nevertheless Klopp was also saying that because of this players are their own worst enemies and medical professionals and coaching staff should be looking to dissuade players from rushing back as in their desire to play they end up doing more damage.

It’s better to miss a player for three more matches than three months or even worse never get them back to how they were before

Gromit

Reaction score
Just seen this rather remarkable statement. I assume you are about 12 years of age and never saw Neves, Jota and Jimenez in their prime? And before that Bully and before him the likes of Dougan, Wagstaffe and Richards and before them Billy Wright?
And Peter Broadbent, and Jimmy Murray, and Norman Deeley, etc etc, etc

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
opinions opinions opinions.... And those with longer memories have a rather larger pantheon of greats to consider. but don't be too harsh on youngsters who can't see past the Premier era - neither does the whole of the football media!

And for what it's worth, it is NONSENSE to say it is up to the player. If the medical experts say a joint/muscle/ligament is not yet ready for the intense demands of Premiership football, expecting a player who 'feels ok' to have the final say is tantamount to complete abdication of responsibility of those who are paid to know better.

If there is any doubt, save him for next season - don't risk losing him till Christmas.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I call bull****…

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
opinions opinions opinions.... And those with longer memories have a rather larger pantheon of greats to consider. but don't be too harsh on youngsters who can't see past the Premier era - neither does the whole of the football media!

And for what it's worth, it is NONSENSE to say it is up to the player. If the medical experts say a joint/muscle/ligament is not yet ready for the intense demands of Premiership football, expecting a player who 'feels ok' to have the final say is tantamount to complete abdication of responsibility of those who are paid to know better.

If there is any doubt, save him for next season - don't risk losing him till Christmas.
Not to mention that it's inviting an insurance company to refuse to pay out....

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is absolutely no way either gon or Cunha would be allowed to rush him back. It wouldn’t be beneficial to anyone.
Unless of course that he wants to show his skills before renegotiating his contract or the summer window comes around.
Just speculation on my part.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Unless of course that he wants to show his skills before renegotiating his contract or the summer window comes around.
Just speculation on my part.
I think he's ended on as big a high as he's going to if that's the end of his season....not like he needs to prove a hamstring injury won't be career-altering.

loppers86

Reaction score
I saw all the players you mention apart from Billy Wright. They were all fantastic players. My favourite ever Wolves player was John Richards.

Cunha has the potential to be absolutely world class. it wouldn’t surprise me if in 3 years time he’s a Brazil regular and playing at the top of champions league.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agreed with your reply to loppers but certainly he's in the top 100.

Especially as anyone before about 15 years ago simply wouldn't be able to keep up with him, due to their comparatively hopeless fitness standards...

Back
Top Bottom