Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Spurs 1 King Gary's Wolves 2 - Verdict Thread

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone fancy another go on Monday night football to talk about how he's taken apart Spurs twice this year?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t get The Patricio love in . He was a decent keeper but he was beaten from distance far too many times especially low down to the left.

See the game against Huddersfield when Mooy scored that free kick. For all of Sa s faults he is a more consistent keeper than Patricio.

Even though Patricio has 100+ caps
He was solid. Very, very few mistakes, brilliant at one on ones, excellent handling. Crap with the ball at his feet and didn't like to come for much but in terms of keeping the ball out of the goal when he should and not dropping howlers he was really reliable

Last edited:

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Around the Neto questions (...again and again).

Does make you wonder if the board have said to Gary... "Right, we've got a bit to spend... we might not get the Striker target you want, but... if we don't, we'll try everything in our power (£££) to keep everyone you want in the summer"... and maybe we resist some interest in Neto for now. He's young enough to give us another year. Another season like this from him and we'll be sitting on a kings ransom.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Does make you wonder if the board have said to Gary... "Right, we've got a bit to spend... we might not get the Striker target you want, but... if we don't, we'll try everything in our power (£££) to keep everyone you want in the summer"... and maybe we resist some interest in Neto for now. He's young enough to give us another year. Another season like this from him and we'll be sitting on a kings ransom.
He will go for big money but let’s enjoy him first

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me his kicking was even worse than Sa, could hardly even reach the halfway line and always to Doherty, he was also rooted to his line too much for me on crosses, but pretty good at shot stopping.

Patricio is a much more technically sound keeper! Just as you said though, he was stuck to his line and in this league that is a problem!

But would have Patricio over Sa every day of the week.

They are night and day in terms of technical skill and ability

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am proud of this team. The football is excellent and all the players bust a gut. We also have some seriously talented players. Credit must go to ONeil and his coaches. What a job they are doing. The way they are playing has certainly given me a big lift during some pretty dark times in recent months. They are a joy to watch.
Good on ya, JOS x

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I am proud of this team. The football is excellent and all the players bust a gut. We also have some seriously talented players. Credit must go to ONeil and his coaches. What a job they are doing. The way they are playing has certainly given me a big lift during some pretty dark times in recent months. They are a joy to watch.
Love ya JOS x

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What do I know?……thought Brentford would be a win and a loss today.
I also thought we'd beat Brentford, a very disappointing result, today though I thought we were in with a chance. I'm not impressed with this spurs coach, he seems to be stuck in one type of plan, and I thought tailor made for Gary.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I also thought we'd beat Brentford, a very disappointing result, today though I thought we were in with a chance. I'm not impressed with this spurs coach, he seems to be stuck in one type of plan, and I thought tailor made for Gary.
We are a counter attacking side. Brentford sat very deep, packed the midfield a nullified any space hitting us on the break because they learned from three previous games . That’s fair play to Frank, even begrudgingly!
Spurs thought their usual game would beat us. High line, fast attacking but we exposed their second string backs and deserved to win.
Again, good tactics and planning well executed

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I hope you’re right
Neto seems to relish being the bigger fish in a smaller pond and that’s great for us

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Match is repeated here on Supersport at 2pm. Will watch, a little more relaxed, knowing the result. Won't stop me shouting at the TV with the squandered chances, though. ;)

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone else thinking that JL was an idiot to chuck his toys?
His loss is GONs gain
Do you think that Loppy would have got as much from these players as GON is? I don't, as I believe that Loppy can be a divisive personality, while GON has built a togetherness and team-spirit and established a 'family' as Lemina referred to, recently.

Titch

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can anyone name 3 better away games on the trot than the last 3??

Another top performance, could and should have won by more!

Good atmosphere in the away end, but because of the high roof all the atmosphere disappears!

Half time in the central concourse was crazy, not seen anything like that since Espanyol :)

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Can anyone name 3 better away games on the trot than the last 3??

Another top performance, could and should have won by more!

Good atmosphere in the away end, but because of the high roof all the atmosphere disappears!

Half time in the central concourse was crazy, not seen anything like that since Espanyol :)
I’d go last 4.

Brentford 4-1
Brighton 0-0
Chelsea 4-2
Tottenham 2-1

10 points, 10 goals and we deserved every single one of them points. And to think we couldn’t buy a goal/point/win away for most of last year.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are a counter attacking side. Brentford sat very deep, packed the midfield a nullified any space hitting us on the break because they learned from three previous games . That’s fair play to Frank, even begrudgingly!
Spurs thought their usual game would beat us. High line, fast attacking but we exposed their second string backs and deserved to win.
Again, good tactics and planning well executed
Be interesting to see how we play against Sheffield Utd next week, who will probably also play deep.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m never convinced we’ll beat Brentford they’re just one of those teams that are horrible to play against

Pretty much they are also a team that played us 3 times previously in a short space of time. So know a lot about us and were playing for their pride haha. So I wasn't overly worried by that result.

Back
Top Bottom