Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fraser

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love the lad and want him to do well, but genuinely don’t think he has the pace or mobility for PL football. Not knocking the lad before everyone gets the pitchforks out… would love to be proven wrong but I’m not seeing it.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought we were far better for fraser playing second half. Thought we were a shade lucky to be in with a shot still at the break, and we spent most of the second half knocking on the door at least.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Amazing how we still are discussing lack of a striker over 3 years since Jimenez had his injury. Disgraceful really.
We bought Fabio who Shi proudly described as"my boy". He turned out to be useless but we had paid £35 million for him. That is why we have no striker, Jeff Shi's poor judgement and his refusal to admit he ****ed up royally.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I know and we’ve only signed Cunha, Hwang, Sarabia, Sasa, that wardrobe of a guy from Spain etc etc etc since. Shocking.
Jose and Costa desperate signings, nowhere near PL mobility, Hwang not really a 9, but the closest we've got, Cunha brilliant but not a 9, Sarabia definitely not a 9, Sasa lovely guy, but another desperate signing.

Manager wanted one player in the window - a #9. We got the two big earner off the books to make room and then decided we couldn't even afford a loan fee. Club have let him down and it's games like today that show we can't change the way we play (despite the tactical switches).

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
I thought he did okay for a youngster…the ball definitely stuck better with him than with Neto or Bellegarde and he helped out defensively with some good steals. Not much service even though he was pointing for the ball to be played. Certainly his play wasn’t the reason for our loss—Sa and Dawson did that all on their own.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know and we’ve only signed Cunha, Hwang, Sarabia, Sasa, that wardrobe of a guy from Spain etc etc etc since. Shocking.
Sarabia is not a striker and after 10 minutes today none of the players you mentioned were available to play for us. It is shocking we are having to rely on a kid to try to save us today.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We bought Fabio who Shi proudly described as"my boy". He turned out to be useless but we had paid £35 million for him. That is why we have no striker, Jeff Shi's poor judgement and his refusal to admit he ****ed up royally.
You're right and they showed him in the stands today, most probably thinking this striker issue is down to me. At least Silva scored today!

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s be real, bringing him on was a statement, he’s way off if, but we have zero options.

I’m more than happy with this season but **** me GON has dug Fosun out a hole here. Our depth is pitiful.
Thought Fraser did really well
We looked much better in the second half with him down the middle and Neto out wide

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't win and crucify a few players. ****s me off more than losing the game.

Can’t blame the players or the manager when they are played out of position or being relied on at a young age due to the owners not doing their job and setting the squad and manager up properly to be successful.

Not GON’s or the players fault!

I said if cunha was out while hwang was unavailable we would struggle, people said it wouldn’t or be unlikely to happen…..

It has, we looked ****…. JRB isn’t a cf or false 9 and Fraser for all the talent isn’t ready yet.

Yet another example of Jeff’s inabilty to build a competitive and full squad! Even stevie wonder saw clearly that we needed a central striker!!!

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not crucyfing anyone ffs. I’m making the point that a team in 10th in the premier league, really shouldn’t be bringing on Tetenhall u19 striker should they. It’s frustrating…so near yet so far etc….

Some people see a post title, then dont even read the post and just make up what they think it says in their heads.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not blaming him for one second. I’m making the point that, for all the positives this season, it’s really, really poor we are having to bring him on at HT at this level.

Frustrating.
It would be one thing if GON made a conscious choice to use him. It's a whole different thing when he literally had no other forward choice. Not the player's fault.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would be one thing if GON made a conscious choice to use him. It's a whole different thing when he literally had no other forward choice. Not the player's fault.

Not even the managers fault!

Blame the Teflon don….. Jeff shi!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he did ok tbh. His hold up play way good and won a few flick ons

Hard to get space for a chance when they are defending deep and packing the midfield

For his age and development he played bloody well!!!

The prem is so unforgiving and the ****housery of Brentford will add massive challenges he won’t have seen or dealt with before.

Lad is a gem, needs looking after and developing properly

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For his age and development he played bloody well!!!

The prem is so unforgiving and the ****housery of Brentford will add massive challenges he won’t have seen or dealt with before.

Lad is a gem, needs looking after and developing properly
He didn’t do much wrong considering how bad the service was!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I genuinely don't understand some of the comments in here... did I watch a different game? The lad did well, his hold-up play was excellent (better than I actually expected against Brentford's big centre halves), what am I missing?

Is it just the "we lost because we didn't sign a striker" agenda prevailing? Losing our talismanic forward to injury, who isn't really a striker anyway, doesn't prove that does it?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I genuinely don't understand some of the comments in here... did I watch a different game? The lad did well, his hold-up play was excellent (better than I actually expected against Brentford's big centre halves), what am I missing?

Is it just the "we lost because we didn't sign a striker" agenda prevailing? Losing our talismanic forward to injury, who isn't really a striker anyway, doesn't prove that does it?

More of a striker than JrB and more senior ready.

But isn’t that a sad indictment in your last sentence…. Says we don’t actually have a proper central striker……

Doesn’t help GON, the squad.

Crap squad planning and management by jeff

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Anything negative helps feed them.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More of a striker than JrB and more senior ready.

But isn’t that a sad indictment in your last sentence…. Says we don’t actually have a proper central striker……

Doesn’t help GON, the squad.

Crap squad planning and management by jeff
Having 'no proper central striker' has gotten us this far... how many teams in this league play with a traditional #9 now anyway? More of a criticism towards Bellegarde than Fraser in my opinion, as he was who replaced Cunha.

If Cunha is out, then Hwang replaces him. He's decent I've heard...

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having 'no proper central striker' has gotten us this far... how many teams in this league play with a traditional #9 now anyway? More of a criticism towards Bellegarde than Fraser in my opinion, as he was who replaced Cunha.

If Cunha is out, then Hwang replaces him. He's decent I've heard...

Then who covers the wide role where hwang has done so well if there is an issue with him or sarabia?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bellegarde, who needs to start showing the form he did in the early part of the season. He's been very poor of late.

But he is the central option…… you see the issue here!

We are hoping a guy lacking form and confidence flicks into gear from his current form from playing out of position?

Jeff has royally ****ed up the frontline options for what seems like the third successive season!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But he is the central option…… you see the issue here!

We are hoping a guy lacking form and confidence flicks into gear from his current form from playing out of position?

Jeff has royally ****ed up the frontline options for what seems like the third successive season!
In the second half, he was playing off the left and he was dreadful. Whether he's devoid of confidence or what, he just looks lost at times, and seems to shy away from wanting to do anything other than play the simple ball, almost the polar opposite of what Neto and Cunha give us. Sarabia might not give us that directness, but he can at least pick a pass.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It's people who were dusting off their passports after Chelsea and are now wearing black armbands over the death of their dreams.

Lose to Brighton and they'll be digging up the Ipswich thread. Win our next three and they'll be working out what competition we'll be in if we finish 6th and win the FA Cup.

That's the joy of a football forum with genuine fans who feel every beat. When you love with passion over pragmatism, that's what you get - unbridled highs and crushing lows.

I'm still buzzing from West Brom.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Openly admit that I've not seen much of Fraser, so mainly going on the comments and the little bit I've seen.

He looks slight and not very tall (6ft?) for a central striker. He had a good reputation while playing for the reserves and decent write-ups on here from the people that watch them.
However, just a couple of months ago, he was going out on loan to Shrewsbury and had we not loaned Sasa and Silva, he'd be plying his trade in the third tier of English football, not the Premier League.
He scored a good goal against Brentford in the cup and nearly got a second, so he clearly has "something", but not sure that he's ready for the Prem at the moment. In the future....?
A sad indictment of where we are and the way the club has been run over recent seasons, that he's the option off the bench when we get a couple of injuries, though. An 'established' Premier league squad should have more options. Most, including our nearest rivals have!

Last edited:

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fraser did alright yesterday, tidy, battled well and won a few flicks. He’s no pace merchant though I noticed, and also (perhaps understandably) turned back a few times when in decent positions? He needs time to develop and should be out on loan playing week in week out (or at least very regularly). He’s no Evan Ferguson in that he’s basically premier league ready at such a young age. Ferguson is very much an exception rather than the rule.

Personally I think its pretty poor that the only attacking options we had on the bench yesterday were JRB (who is not really an attacker) and a young lad who was heading off to Shrewsbury, and who may or may not have started for them today had he done so? Yes I know the club tried to give GON a bit of help in Jan, but they also failed after sending £50 million worth of strikers out on loan.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Openly admit that I've not seen much of Fraser, so mainly going on the comments and the little bit I've seen.

He looks slight and not very tall (6ft?) for a central striker. He had a good reputation while playing for the reserves and decent write-ups on here from the people that watch them.
However, just a couple of months ago, he was going out on loan to Shrewsbury and had we not sold Sasa and Silva, he'd be plying his trade in the third tier of English football, not the Premier League.
He scored a good goal against Brentford in the cup and nearly got a second, so he clearly has "something", but not sure that he's ready for the Prem at the moment. In the future....?
A sad indictment of where we are and the way the club has been run over recent seasons, that he's the option off the bench when we get a couple of injuries, though. An 'established' Premier league squad should have more options. Most, including our nearest rivals have!
I've seen quite a bit of him but openly said he wasn't ready to be chucked in the first team ..you don't dip your toe in men's football in the premier league....I was regularly rounded on by the give him a chance brigade and the look at Evan Ferguson bunch .....but I was more concerned in damaging the lad than helping him ......off course he was ok to chuck on for the last 10 mins or so ...but not to make a tactical change in game or to say rest another player .....think we was a bit quick to change it at half time yesterday with it only being 0-1.... especially to use an inexperienced lad so early. ..would have kept it the same just pushed the wingbacks on and got Neto n bellegarde more central .....exposing the defence was only going to leave us open to the game over scernerio of 0-2 ....we've shown countless times we can come back this season with the formation we play and with even being short in options so WHY change it ...keep it steady get in back to 1-1 take it from there....not radically change it ..

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've seen quite a bit of him but openly said he wasn't ready to be chucked in the first team ..you don't dip your toe in men's football in the premier league....I was regularly rounded on by the give him a chance brigade and the look at Evan Ferguson bunch .....but I was more concerned in damaging the lad than helping him ......off course he was ok to chuck on for the last 10 mins or so ...but not to make a tactical change in game or to say rest another player .....think we was a bit quick to change it at half time yesterday with it only being 0-1.... especially to use an inexperienced lad so early. ..would have kept it the same just pushed the wingbacks on and got Neto n bellegarde more central .....exposing the defence was only going to leave us open to the game over scernerio of 0-2 ....we've shown countless times we can come back this season with the formation we play and with even being short in options so WHY change it ...keep it steady get in back to 1-1 take it from there....not radically change it ..
We had nobody else to come on. Bellegarde wasn’t working. We couldn’t buy anyone because of FFP. I don’t get the overreacting to a loss to Brentford. We’ve been here before under Lage

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had nobody else to come on. Bellegarde wasn’t working. We couldn’t buy anyone because of FFP. I don’t get the overreacting to a loss to Brentford. We’ve been here before under Lage
Should have come out the same 2nd half .... bellegarde had only been on a bit ....we need a clean sheet to come back into the game , not radical changing of system and leave us a body short at the back.... vulnerable to going 0-2......changing it failed......we were still in the game at half time....no need to change everything around....

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should have come out the same 2nd half .... bellegarde had only been on a bit ....we need a clean sheet to come back into the game , not radical changing of system and leave us a body short at the back.... vulnerable to going 0-2......changing it failed......we were still in the game at half time....no need to change everything around....
Hit the panic stations button suppose Gary is still learning

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hit the panic stations button suppose Gary is still learning
Yes.....I'm not moaning as such....just didn't need to radically change it in my opinion....we've shown countless times we can come back with our system and players , despite being short of options.......the 2nd half was very Lageesque in my opinion....I'm not actually sure anybody knew where they was supposed to be playing after about 20 mins in the 2nd half......the Fraser sub was too quick....for me that was last ditch with say 15/20 mins to go.....would off used the Doyle for Gomes switch first before that...

It's not digging Fraser out at all......he is fine as a last ditch attempt but not as a tactical change at this moment in time in his development....which is exactly what I was saying when everybody kept saying give him a chance.....

It's a different argument but for me if FFP was that tight in January then like I point out in the loan thread we should have sold one of the endless players we have out on loan to make a bit more funds available.....we only needed a 1m to pay an agent....so we wasn't miles off.......

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
The worry with the whole FFP for me is that once again the manager (and presumably DoF) have entered the window with a plan, only to be told later that the budget isn't what they thought it was. Maybe Fraser was too soon, but we needed a bigger change at half time than a straight swap.

Sheffield Wolf

Reaction score
You can say what you want about subs and system changes, you can’t plan for Sa’s actions for the first goal. A ball played into an empty 6 yard box should be meat and drink for any keeper.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
You can say what you want about subs and system changes, you can’t plan for Sa’s actions for the first goal. A ball played into an empty 6 yard box should be meat and drink for any keeper.
Well it clearly wasn't empty, there was a guy there stood on his own, Dawson seemed to just go to tie his shoe laces though

loppers86

Reaction score
Should be a thread about Shi rather than young Nathan and Shi's inability to secure a striker over window after window. Yes we were limited in budget but the fact we tried a last minute move for the lad from Brazil proved money was there and should have found a striker somewhere in world football during January to help us out rather than last minute chases for a striker. Not Nathan's fault at all and good luck to him.
exactly

Back
Top Bottom