Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Boob, Hwang, Hubner and RAN at AFCON/Asia Cup

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stupid Aussies don't even know what continent they're in.

It's a weird thing anyway, playing an Asia Cup in the middle east, but many weird things happen these days.

There's been a big swing in sentiment and Australia now regards itself largely as an Asian country, its where all the business and trade partnerships come from and most of the immigrants. It's a strange feeling, but probably true.
If it weren't, as a country and also a continent, they wouldn't have anybody to play football against except New Zealand and the Cook Islands.

They lobbied hard to get into Asia for football terms because previously they'd end up having to play off against a South American side for World Cup qualification.....also ludicrous and very very difficult.
Now it's basically Japan, South Korea, or Saudi Arabia, compared to previously anyone from Uruguay, Chile, Paraguay, Peru, Ecuador, Columbia etc.,.much stiffer opposition.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a slightly different topic but once he’s back can we have Hwang on penalties please? He’s absolutely nailed the two I’ve seen this week for Korea. Sarabia’s was nice and cool on Thursday in fairness though.
Nailed his one v Fulham away as well.

Would fancy our chances in a shootout with Hwang, Cuhna and Sarabia in the side

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope they win it and he wins the golden boot.
Playing for your country in major tournaments is a pinnacle and his experience at that level in those games can only help us for the rest of the season and beyond
Besides, I like to see the convicts choke
Pretty sure he needs 6 goals in 2 games. I know he's playing well, but I think that's a stretch!

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they lose could he make Brentford? How long is the flight?

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they lose could he make Brentford? How long is the flight?

Hwang is one of the biggest confidence players at the club - it’s in our best interest for him to win this cup!

We just put 4 past Chelsea and have already beat brentford twice in the past month. We should be OK without him (fingers crossed)

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang is one of the biggest confidence players at the club - it’s in our best interest for him to win this cup!

We just put 4 past Chelsea and have already beat brentford twice in the past month. We will be OK without him (fingers crossed)
Bench for Spurs....that's all we need him for....and take it from there....if he went out tonight I would give him the rest of the week off anyway...

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will come off the bench, but long term it will be cunha hwang neto

with sarabia to come on for one of hwang or neto at 60 to 70

Then rotation if we go deep in the cup
You might see a bit of rotation with Hwang n Cunha for some games, especially as it will keep both a bit more fresh.... especially if we go further in the cup.....think we have shown we don't have to play the 2 and necessarily flog the both...... missing hwang for a month , might be a blessing as it's showed O'Neil we can cope or at least be effective without hwang ...

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang started, got involved in some neat interplay around the box for the penalty claim.
S. Korea seem determined to gift a goal away through sloppiness in possession

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Might sound selfish, but glad that finally, S. Korea out and finally, we get all of our players back playing for the club that pays their wages. Don't follow AFCON or the Asian Cup and so it's only Wolves or England/English matches that I have an interest in.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t profess to be an expert, but how does a team with Son and Hwang in lose to Jordan? Christ, how bad are the other 9 players!
I said to a young chap at work Korea would win easy....he said no chance Jordan are good....I was shocked.....he was right....quite knowledgeable for a little villa div....so we obviously don't keep up to date....

Back
Top Bottom