Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matheus Cunha

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's magnificent. Wow what a player, what a great guy to boot. Our new talisman as is Neto.he, like Raul and Jota were.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
United paid £80m or whatever it was for Anthony, Chelsea paid £80m odd for Mudryk. How much is Cunha worth?
Before PSR started biting you'd have said £100m+. However there's going to be a huge slump in player prices now. I still think we'd make money, but nowhere near as much as pre PSR points penalties.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great article on Cunha in the Athletic. Focuses on how much he reaches out to Gary for advice and takes it onboard, and how he’s part of the beating heart of the team with Mario Jr, with Kilman and Sarabia taking as leaders in different halves of the pitch.

Separately, I just saw an interesting stat on Cunha

“Cunha was never a reliable finisher in his first season at Molineux. However, the Wolves man has now scored seven goals and set up five in his last 12 league games, remarkably outscoring every other FPL forward except Dominic Solanke (£7.1m) from Gameweek 12 onwards.”

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great article on Cunha in the Athletic. Focuses on how much he reaches out to Gary for advice and takes it onboard, and how he’s part of the beating heart of the team with Mario Jr, with Kilman and Sarabia taking as leaders in different halves of the pitch.

Separately, I just saw an interesting stat on Cunha

“Cunha was never a reliable finisher in his first season at Molineux. However, the Wolves man has now scored seven goals and set up five in his last 12 league games, remarkably outscoring every other FPL forward except Dominic Solanke (£7.1m) from Gameweek 12 onwards.”

That Athletic article is interesting ... great approach from O'Neil and his team.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What other player in the Premier League does what Cunha does? He’s always on the front foot, glides past players, makes us tick, makes and scores goals.

Can only think of De Bruyne at City, Fernandes at Yanited and Odegaard at Arsenal, but they ain’t as good as our Matthaus (De Bruyne might be, though, lol).

Where would be without him this season?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still will struggle to get into the Crooks team of the week because someone scored for Spuds

We will have to wait until tomorrow to find out anyway, on the basis that City don't play until tonight.

If you notice, if any of the big boys play on Monday, he delays it. If Monday night football is a game without any of the bigger teams, he just ignores the game and rolls with it anyway! :tearsofjoy:

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
watching him yesterday and before anyone starts having a pop I realise it’s a meaningless friendly. But, the chances he had against a makeshift Celtic defence make me wonder whether we’ve wasted yet another serious wedge of cash on a forward who ain’t going to score than 5 goals this season. On the plus side Silva looked really good.
Not quoting this OP to get at @Wolfmeister75, just made me think how much peoples' opinions have changed in a relatively short space of time ...

Narfolk Wolf

Reaction score
Absolutely awesome performance Sunday. Be absolutely fantastic if we can keep him for another couple of seasons.

Noweimannnocry

Reaction score
Love him......only criticism is decision making on when to shoot and sometimes needs to put foot through the ball more rather than going for placement almost every time
If placing the ball is good enough for Messi.....

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think many fans of other teams will see his goals and assists and say he’s having a good season, but I think you need to watch the game to see how good he actually is this year. Linking up midfield and attack and driving with the ball is what’s making us such a threat going forward.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hoping it's just a hamstring and nothing major. This kid has been world class for us last 10-15 games, played as a midfielder and wide forward, sometimes striker. Wins so many balls from pressing, he is our best player despite Neto challenging him for assists.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very important player. When should we get news of the extent of his injury? Fingers crossed ..

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like others here I both hope and pray that he will just have a minor hamstring problem that will hopefully be a thing of the past in the next few weeks... :) :)

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like others here I both hope and pray that he will just have a minor hamstring problem that will hopefully be a thing of the past in the next few weeks... :) :)
Neto springs to mind when he pulled up against Newcastle. We hoped it would be minor and perhaps he'd be back in a couple of weeks - only for it to drag on for months.

At least we know that our medical team will not rush anybody back. If Cunha comes back in three weeks or in August, we can trust it to be the right decision.

His absence (if lengthy) and Hwang's propensity for niggling injuries might be a blessing this summer if Fosun can see that the absence of two goalscorers saw us finish 15th instead of 9th and £12m in place money.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto springs to mind when he pulled up against Newcastle. We hoped it would be minor and perhaps he'd be back in a couple of weeks - only for it to drag on for months.

At least we know that our medical team will not rush anybody back. If Cunha comes back in three weeks or in August, we can trust it to be the right decision.

His absence (if lengthy) and Hwang's propensity for niggling injuries might be a blessing this summer if Fosun can see that the absence of two goalscorers saw us finish 15th instead of 9th and £12m in place money.

Neto got stretchered off crying though, that was always worse than Wolves made out. If Cunha's is just a strain then he'll be back in a week but it will be 4-6 weeks min if it's even just a minor tear.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must have been seeing something different from the North Bank Upper, but it looked like an impact injury, rather than a pull or strain. Whatever it is, a want him back in good time for Brighton.
That's why my take....Collins kept apologising so thought he had caught him late ...

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must have been seeing something different from the North Bank Upper, but it looked like an impact injury, rather than a pull or strain. Whatever it is, a want him back in good time for Brighton.
Yeah, I thought it looked like was struggling from a cynical kick to the shin. He did land a little awkwardly though, so could have over stretched the hamstring. I’m guessing though really, but like you, I initially thought it was impact injury. Either way it was part of Brentford’s plan I feel - foul wolves players as they get into their stride/look dangerous.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will miss Cunha, he's one of our best if not our best player and every side misses their best player even City, without Rodri.

Back
Top Bottom