Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

tikatyboo

Reaction score
At least SSN can fill the void today with more Klopp stuff.
And Manure, dont forget.
You know there will be a #FreeKiefferMoore campaign at 10.30pm tonight.

Joking aside, this one could actually materialise - he's played for GON and we seem to be renewing interest in players we have previously scouted. I just hope we don't renew interest in Andy Carroll...
Kiefer moore to Ipsitch, rumored.

LW1

Groupie
Reaction score
Not sure if it's true but it feels like the quietest transfer window for many years.

No money / clubs asking for too much?

The summer window could be very interesting - especially end of June. There will be lots of gamesmanship.
Athletic made the point this morning that there will be 2 transfer deadlines this summer, June 30 for those with ffp probs and then the actual deadline.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not that fussed about Yuri, take it or leave it. Certainly doesn't feel like one we need to go for, like Joao was this time last year.

Shame we're leaving everything until the last minute but doesn't seem to be a huge market out there right now.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The penny has dropped that clubs will be charged for contravening Ffp and the regulations are due for review so clubs are hoping there will be a relaxation .

.A system that was meant to stop the top clubs buying everyone in sight is still valid imo but money talks.still

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we'll actually be in a stronger spot than most will, many clubs will be sellers rather than buyers. This summer is a good time to be in a strong financial position. Hopefully we can get a few more off the books in the summer as well if they do well out on loan - Guedes, Silva, Sasa etc.

Yes, I think you are right.

That first mover advantage last summer could well be absolute gold in this summer window. There are lots of clubs that are going to move players out by 30 June. The only issue is we want to put any transactions in the following FFP window after 30th June - I think?

If we have £20m to play with because of the wages saved and better finish in the prem than expected (and a trip to Wembley?) then that money could well go a lot further than it has in previous windows - especially as clubs need to free up wages for the new rules.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get it done Broja ... anything around the 2/3m loan fee is ok surely...it's 1 place in the league...
Sky being complementary saying playing with Neto, Cunha and Hwang would be a very exciting proposition for him…..which it would be.

Also said Fulham can’t afford his wages which is interesting.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Chelsea do come down on price, Fulham probably have first dibs. He won't have to relocate and a better chance of starting every game. Feels like a long shot this one.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we can do a cheaper deal with Broja then that will be great.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought we had to make a small profit in this FFP/PSR window, so paying out £5M and wages seems unlikely to me.
I’ve no idea but wages will surely be covered by S&S leaving on loan. Didn’t we bid a lot more for Dia in August?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No link or sign of this mystery other attacking player.
It might be that we was looking at both Broja and the Brazilian chap which is the two players .....I did post something this morning from west ham that we had enquired about Maxwell Cornet, which came out the blue....we've both mentioned him before.....and he would fit the bill of a forward who can fill all positions...

Might be nowt but that may depend on west ham bringing someone in.....

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No link or sign of this mystery other attacking player.
I was just thinking that. I’m giving up home on getting a 9 in, but hoping the lack of noise around the other one we were hoping to get done means we’re quietly progressing with it in the background.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm confused.

Is Broja **** and injury prone and we should be avoiding him at all costs or is he an astute option who will add value to our team and we should be holding out for him?

He can't be both ... even though he seems to be.

I think he's more the first but many are getting towards the "I'm desperate for a signing of any kind" moment and are thinking unthinkable thoughts.

Or am I wrong?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm confused.

Is Broja **** and injury prone and we should be avoiding him at all costs or is he an astute option who will add value to our team and we should be holding out for him?

I think he's more the first but many are getting towards the "I'm desperate for a signing of any kind" moment and are thinking unthinkable thoughts.

Or am I wrong?
No some think we need another body as we are doing well on two fronts....we are just echoing what our manager wants....

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It might be that we was looking at both Broja and the Brazilian chap which is the two players .....I did post something this morning from west ham that we had enquired about Maxwell Cornet, which came out the blue....we've both mentioned him before.....and he would fit the bill of a forward who can fill all positions...

Might be nowt but that may depend on west ham bringing someone in.....
If we get Cornet he should have shirt number 99

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not that fussed about Yuri, take it or leave it. Certainly doesn't feel like one we need to go for, like Joao was this time last year.

Shame we're leaving everything until the last minute but doesn't seem to be a huge market out there right now.

I don't think we are deliberately - it's that all the selling clubs are desperately hanging on due to the financial situation combined with buying clubs having little room for movement. Just look at Chelsea and the lack of movement generally.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Chelsea have to be absolutely ****ting themselves. No need to help them. Make them squirm, make them hurt, then turn them over after the season. Or get a good deal now if they happen to break. Imo.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We honestly don't even need a **** #9. Save the money and sign someone in summer. Cheap loan with no obligation? Fine.

We've scored at almost our highest PL pace with no #9. We're doing well offensively.

Funnily enough, there are some games when I think we REALLY need a no.9 and others not so …. but I thought that at times on Sunday

hambaps

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
8-Mark-Fotheringham-WS.jpg
Good call - what's the mercurial Foth up to these days?

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm confused.

Or am I wrong?
Schrodingerbroja.

We won't know until we open the "end of loan" box.

Back
Top Bottom