Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t get the whole agent thing, how does that conversation go with Yuri?

Agent: “Hi Yuri, I know we had everything sorted for a move to the PL but I thought I’d be cheeky and try and get a bit more money for myself at the last minute but Wolves said no so the move is off”

Yuri: “Yeah no worries amigo, all good”

Surely you’d be fuming if you were the player?! Makes no sense!

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm coming to the conclusion that any news coming out of South America isn't worth the time of day.
He cant make a flight would have to be chartered jet going ****ing fast unless we pay for a medical out there and do it all on a whim

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
Not too bothered if we don’t get anyone in, in this window, reason being is look where we were this time last season compared to now!
Having no recognised out and out striker for the past few weeks hasn’t seemed to faze the team, in fact it’s probably confused the tactics of the opposition if that makes sense?

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve just met with Hobbsy and found out his master plan.

- Christmas - eat too many pies, aiming to look like a certain Thomas the Tank engine character who use to run Wolves as CEO. Persuade Gary to loan/flog players before any incomings.

- Start January - prepare to carry out some house renovations and have a couple of “scouting” holidays to South America using money saved from Sasa and Silvia’s wages.

- Mid January - highlight to Gary that we’re trying hard and instead fit a new stove at home.

- End January - meet with Gary and say sorry, FFP/Fosun still tight and so no guarantee of any incomings.

- 31 January - end dry January.

- 1 Feb - run around like a headless chicken and get two amazing deals over the line with all Wolves fans singing his name.

Who will they be?!?

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fraser it is then
He looks like he has a lot of potential, but at 18 he lacks physical strength as yet, big lad though he is. I trust the club don't make the same mistake we did with Fabio and rely on a youngster too much when he's not ready for that full time role.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He looks like he has a lot of potential, but at 18 he lacks physical strength as yet, big lad though he is. I trust the club don't make the same mistake we did with Fabio and rely on a youngster too much when he's not ready for that full time role.

On the basis that Bellegarde started centrally ahead of him against Albion, I think it would take 3, maybe even 4 players being unavailable for him to be thrown in to start.

Unlike when Raul got Luized and we had few others that could deputise full time other than a not yet ready Fabio.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Don’t really think GON trusts him - didnt get any time against the baggies in the last 15 min when Chirewa came on.

Dan W

Groupie
Reaction score
Isn't there some sort of extension, that clubs can get an extra 24 hours to get a move sorted as long as the deal sheet is with the prem before the deadline? Usually to complete bits of paperwork or medicals?

If so, Yuri Alberto deal may not be off.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not too bothered if we don’t get anyone in, in this window, reason being is look where we were this time last season compared to now!
Having no recognised out and out striker for the past few weeks hasn’t seemed to faze the team, in fact it’s probably confused the tactics of the opposition if that makes sense?

I think we've been struggling top third, it has been moments of brilliance which have helped us.

Best we have looked is Hwang playing as an out and out striker, the last few weeks before he left V Brentford & Everton. Making intelligent runs in behind defences which we were finding.
Now add Neto back into the mix, we can really hurt teams with Hwang/ an added striker.

Last edited:

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t really think GON trusts him - didnt get any time against the baggies in the last 15 min when Chirewa came on.

We should learn our lessons from MGW and Fabio. No good rushing young players in at Premierleague level. Very few succeed straight away, stalling their career progression. Gary O'neil knows it..

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don’t get the whole agent thing, how does that conversation go with Yuri?

Agent: “Hi Yuri, I know we had everything sorted for a move to the PL but I thought I’d be cheeky and try and get a bit more money for myself at the last minute but Wolves said no so the move is off”

Yuri: “Yeah no worries amigo, all good”

Surely you’d be fuming if you were the player?! Makes no sense!
Might be more like everything gets agreed between the clubs and the agent then goes "Oh, by the way, you know we're owed x percent of the deal cost, right? Hello?"

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
have any of you looked at yuri alberto's fbref page? he's not exactly setting the football world alight
Apparently fell out with new manager still only young. Not sure hard to judge the South American players

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beginning to hate teams beginning with F...... Fulham and Frankfurt.....

To be fair our interest has been a lot longer than Fulham though..we might be nearer the expected conclusion....one source yesterday described a gulf between Fulham and Chelsea in expectations..
And f,ing Albion

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
Let relax see what come for us later
I assume you haven't been hanging around the Mol Mix for long :)?
Flabbergasterism, hysteria, uber-angst and exasperation is the norm when the clock is ticking down towards the dreaded closing stage of the transfer window.

This year is the exception from the norm, compared to how it used to be when we were D-e-s-p-e-r-a-t-e-l-y in need of a few players...

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We do know as he's said he wanted a 9. Repeatedly. In the press conferences.

It's not been hidden.
Yeah but that's not what I said. He wants a number 9 and we let two he didn't want go. Wolves have been trying to sign one all month. I'm just saying it's not some disaster and I think it very unlikely be thinks so either.

Disappointing doesn't mean he's been let down etc or that we should take unnecessary risks.

Plovdiv Wolf

Reaction score
I assume you haven't been hanging around the Mol Mix for long :)?
Flabbergasterism, hysteria, uber-angst and exasperation is the norm when the clock is ticking down towards the dreaded closing stage of the transfer window.

This year is the exception from the norm, compared to how it used to be when we were D-e-s-p-e-r-a-t-e-l-y in need of a few players...
I will not worry just yet. Many people overreact that is life

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if it's true but it feels like the quietest transfer window for many years.

No money / clubs asking for too much?

The summer window could be very interesting - especially end of June. There will be lots of gamesmanship.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£5m loan fee deductible from an option of £20m might just be acceptable. Straight fee is laughable and they can **** off and struggle to comply with FFP. Absolutely no way we should even consider he must play - for £5m we call the shots.
I thought we had to make a small profit in this FFP/PSR window, so paying out £5M and wages seems unlikely to me.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if it's true but it feels like the quietest transfer window for many years.

No money / clubs asking for too much?

The summer window could be very interesting - especially end of June. There will be lots of gamesmanship.
I think we'll actually be in a stronger spot than most will, many clubs will be sellers rather than buyers. This summer is a good time to be in a strong financial position. Hopefully we can get a few more off the books in the summer as well if they do well out on loan - Guedes, Silva, Sasa etc.

Back
Top Bottom