Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Problem is, unconditional obligations must be reported financially in the period the deal is struck and we want to be on our best behaviour this season, hence why we're trying to shunt fees to the next reporting period with an option.

There's plenty of ways around that - a Serie A club last year did a loan with an obligation that gets triggered once the team wins 1 game, regardless of whether he was playing or not.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Problem is, unconditional obligations must be reported financially in the period the deal is struck and we want to be on our best behaviour this season, hence why we're trying to shunt fees to the next reporting period with an option.
I reckon a pinky promise to pay would do it.

dnf14

Reaction score
That sounds like something that can be fudged by making it conditional on like 3 appearances or something. But point taken, I didn't know that about obligations.
There's plenty of ways around that - a Serie A club last year did a loan with an obligation that gets triggered once the team wins 1 game, regardless of whether he was playing or not.
Sadly, the "unconditional" is also open to interpretation and the 3 appearance obligation would probably be taken as borderline unconditional.
Only saving grace is that these are UEFA regs but if we have any hope of making Europe at all there's a chance we'd be screwed by UEFA FFP next season, hence why the 3 appearance obligation worked for Cunha because we hadn't a prayer of Europe last season.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sadly, the "unconditional" is also open to interpretation and the 3 appearance obligation would probably be taken as borderline unconditional.
Only saving grace is that these are UEFA regs but if we have any hope of making Europe at all there's a chance we'd be screwed by UEFA FFP next season, hence why the 3 appearance obligation worked for Cunha because we hadn't a prayer of Europe last season.
If the team somehow make Europe, then Hobbs would have until July 1 to solve that problem?

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Blimey; thought I was watching an episode of "Yes Minister".

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Corinthians fans seem to think Yuri Alberto is awful, some even saying one of the worst players to play for them.

Sign him up! Love an underdog!
It's a mixed bag. Others are saying it's just a bad patch after a managerial change. Corinthians are going through a massive clearout, and that usually means things weren't good for a lot of players at the club in the period before.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trawling through Twitter I’ve just seen a Corinthians fan describe Darwin Nunez as a “Uruguayan Yuri Alberto”. I’m not sure he meant it as a compliment!

Hopefully we can get a loan sorted, see what he’s got for ourselves.

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Corinthians fans seem to think Yuri Alberto is awful, some even saying one of the worst players to play for them.

Hard to judge, Raul came to us in a similar situation.

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All of this scrambling around to find a number 9 on loan who we know **** all about does in hindsight make the decision to part with Raul maybe a bit premature , especially as he has rediscovered some form in a fairly ordinary Fulham team .. and we’d still have a decent song to sing

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
All of this scrambling around to find a number 9 on loan who we know **** all about does in hindsight make the decision to part with Raul maybe a bit premature , especially as he has rediscovered some form in a fairly ordinary Fulham team .. and we’d still have a decent song to sing
Naw, I think it was best for both parties to move on--fresh start for Raul and it was good to get his wages off the books. Love Raul, though.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rauls time here was 100% done and it was a good decision to move him on. Big wages too I believe.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope Pete O'Rourke has the correct information and we see Yuri rock up at Molineaux on tomorrow night.

Saw this picture of Yuri - reminds me of Jota's celebrations!

View attachment 40203

Come Hobbsy - get it across the line!
He reported an hour after Percy. An hour after that we heard it had been rejected.

We must be pretty confident to get it done IMO this late in the window with a Brazilian club.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This Yuri Alberto chap looks like a few of our players blended into one. I'm not sure who but can see resemblance to Jota and Sa, but cant put my finger on the others!

either way, he looks like a though player

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He reported an hour after Percy. An hour after that we heard it had been rejected.

We must be pretty confident to get it done IMO this late in the window with a Brazilian club.
The news it was rejected could of been a smokescreen move by Wolves to stop other clubs ?

Not the first time media have been used. Lopetegui had his mate on speed dial

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

A senior appearance for Brazil - it must be easier to play for them than England.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's impossible he is worse than Fabio (I have no idea what level Fabio would succeed at, but if it's not playing well for Rangers then I seriously doubt if he could even score much in the Championship....he needs to get his head on straight), and if he can move at all he's better than Sasa.
100% agree

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If my snooping is right he would have to catch a plane in 3 hours time which will allow him to be in UK c 3 to 5pm then get to us in plenty of time

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Celtic would be a great move for Bueno.

Real test for him physically in Scotland, and playing in a team that attacks so would need to improve his end product.

But, we can't really afford to do it with three full-backs at the club.

Back
Top Bottom