Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Tim Vickery who seems to know his onions just been fairly complimentary on TS about him. Conversely, doesn't appear to be that impressed with Enso for Paraguay U23 in Olympic qualification.

Reaction score
Matt Hobbs and his team are always working at least a window ahead (if not two) and will have had a whole host of names ready to pursue way before the window opened. Obviously, circumstances can change in a 6-12 month period (available funds, injuries, transfers out etc) so they will have the targets categorised in terms of what might be feasible or required when a particular window comes round.

I'm sure this lad has been tracked and monitored for the past year and presented to GON as an option once he made it clear what attributes he was after.

We just need to jump through the various hoops now regarding work permits etc assuming all agreed between the clubs and with the player

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tim Vickery who seems to know his onions just been fairly complimentary on TS about him. Conversely, doesn't appear to be that impressed with Enso for Paraguay U23 in Olympic qualification.
Well that’s good about Yuri, worth a punt on loan then. Disappointing about Enso but I’ve got to admit, he hasn’t stood out when playing for our U21s so not really surprised.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Matt Hobbs and his team are always working at least a window ahead (if not two) and will have had a whole host of names ready to pursue way before the window opened. Obviously, circumstances can change in a 6-12 month period (available funds, injuries, transfers out etc) so they will have the targets categorised in terms of what might be feasible or required when a particular window comes round.

I'm sure this lad has been tracked and monitored for the past year and presented to GON as an option once he made it clear what attributes he was after.

We just need to jump through the various hoops now regarding work permits etc assuming all agreed between the clubs and with the player
If I remember rightfully as he's featured in 12 months for a top ranked national team and appears in a top flight league of that nation, getting a work permit would be easier?

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2 footed and can head a ball,going on his clips,not the best thing to do i know but its all we have
Gonna be hard for him to impress this season,we all know how long it takes to settle
Not a clue about him really but he doesnt look rapid nor particularly slow,looks like he can look after himself
Worth a shot? Who knows but could be fun finding out

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I take anything Brazilian football fans say with a pinch of salt. Someone's great one week and they're hunting him down for a beheading the next.
Sounds rather like some Mixers I can think of (myself included :))

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Worth a shot but arguably no better than the two players who left us! Definitely need someone in though.
It's impossible he is worse than Fabio (I have no idea what level Fabio would succeed at, but if it's not playing well for Rangers then I seriously doubt if he could even score much in the Championship....he needs to get his head on straight), and if he can move at all he's better than Sasa.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loan until the summer to see if he's a good back up to Cunha and Hwang, and if not we can get Che Adams on a free

I can barely get on board with signing Che Adams now as an option, and we're so depleted up front. Signing him in the summer ahead of a fresh season would be depressing.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never heard of Alberto, and it can’t be easy to get a deal done with a Brazilian 36 hours before the deadline; how do we go about getting the medical done to our satisfaction for a start? Still, Tim Vickery rated him and he is supposed to have done well at Zenit before the Ru-Ukraine war. Only 22 and Supposed to be quick, mobile, plays on the shoulder of the last defender so, on loan with an option at £18M, why not?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea on Yuri Alberto but we need a number 9 and if he's deemed good enough by our main men then I will be more than happy. I was relaxed going in to the window and am relaxed now but it would be a little disappointing if we weren't to get somebody in as it will end up costing us points.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah ok, wasn't aware he'd been injured. He was an absolute powerhouse up front for Torino
He was fantastic for Torino, could have had his pick anywhere but then spent a few years in and out with injuries, went to Roma and is just broken now.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, having seen the Alberto video I am not interested in any other strikers. Yuri is the one we want.

None of us had heard of him half an hour ago lol.

Having watched his video, I'd describe him as a 'skillful unit'

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I take anything Brazilian football fans say with a pinch of salt. Someone's great one week and they're hunting him down for a beheading the next.
Our top goalscorer this season would have been driven to every other club under the sun if certain people(maybe even me?!) had their way. Its the same mentality here.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kind of my point really, I don't know how you can say otherwise until he's played a few games either. Nothing in his record stands out. Guess we'll see how it plays out.
Exactly this
No one knows anything about him really,so im not going to say he will be the next Steve Bull nor say he is any worse than Fabio
At the moment its just a possibilty rumour nothing more

Back
Top Bottom