Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think yesterday showed we do need another body upfront, even with Hwang back.

I like Bellegarde but at the moment he's barely affecting the game, and with the amount of work Neto and Cunha get through each week we need to be able to make at least one proactive substitutions that can do more than just offer rest time for those two.

Really hope we get someone decent over the line.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
One injury to Sarabia and the bench was absolutely wafer thin, if non-existent. Need another experienced player who can help out when needed. the 5 sub rule doesnt really benefit us as we dont have 5 players you really believe can come on to win a game.
Most teams don’t tbh

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
w. In England, destination that seduces the French’attacker, Wolverhampton try to convince Hugo Ekitike and Paris. The next few hours will be decisive. D’all the more since the arrival of’a second English club, which completes the final trio.

From what i gather we are the most attractive option, but we will not pay the most etc
I suppose the question to ask is, how much does he want to play here? I'm guessing that's one the club are trying to answer as well. It seems like he's dragging his feet waiting for something bigger to pop up.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ekitike and Lemina, double loan. PSG get first dibs on Neto in the summer. Let’s get it done Wolves and onto United.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think yesterday showed we do need another body upfront, even with Hwang back.

I like Bellegarde but at the moment he's barely affecting the game, and with the amount of work Neto and Cunha get through each week we need to be able to make at least one proactive substitutions that can do more than just offer rest time for those two.

Really hope we get someone decent over the line.
Bellagarde looks really useful but is going through that 'settling in' phase of new players in the prem so one other body would be beneficial.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Most teams don’t tbh
Im not saying we should sign 5 as this is unrealistic and financially impossible. However the top teams do. I guess the point is we stay where we are without a squad to compete, which is fine. But one or 2 to impact is what we need to progress.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bellagarde looks really useful but is going through that 'settling in' phase of new players in the prem so one other body would be beneficial.
The poor guy is being asked to play centre forward because of our woeful lack of a proper CF. He is a very good attacking midfielder or wide player and needs to be played there. Good signing imv.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ekitike and Lemina, double loan. PSG get first dibs on Neto in the summer. Let’s get it done Wolves and onto United.
Would be a dream scenario that. Uncle George has bragged he could of got us £100million for Neto. lets see that talk be backed up. PSG one of only a few that could probably offer it.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be a dream scenario that. Uncle George has bragged he could have got us £100million for Neto. lets see that talk be backed up. PSG one of only a few that could probably offer it.
Has he? I’ve not seen that from Mendes at all, rare he talks about his players

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has he? I’ve not seen that from Mendes at all, rare he talks about his players
He did a big interview the other day in Portugal I think.... mentioned loads of his players....some at wolves....he said he would have got Neto a 100m transfer by me had it not been for his injuries..

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He did a big interview the other day in Portugal I think.... mentioned loads of his players....some at wolves....he said he would have got Neto a 100m transfer by me had it not been for his injuries..
Not seen that mate, so stand corrected.

Though I don’t believe for a second pre injury or not, that he’d get us £100 million.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I suppose the question to ask is, how much does he want to play here? I'm guessing that's one the club are trying to answer as well. It seems like he's dragging his feet waiting for something bigger to pop up.
I read it as he could have gone to Eintracht two weeks ago and he has been holding off on that in the hope that Wolves make a move in the last few days.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The poor guy is being asked to play centre forward because of our woeful lack of a proper CF. He is a very good attacking midfielder or wide player and needs to be played there. Good signing imv.
Excactly we waste Cunha and Bellerade and Neto trying to get them to play number 9 at intervals.
Sure overlap and be mobile ,but dont try to shoe horn them into central goalscorers.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not seen that mate, so stand corrected.

Though I don’t believe for a second pre injury or not, that he’d get us £100 million.
He is probably alludeding to when Neto first had that burst of proper form for us a couple of years ago and looked a world beater ......had he maintained it for a bit without getting injured the potentially was definitely there for a 100m fee.....but all salesmen over egg a bit....but he probably wasn't far off 70/80m..

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is probably alludeding to when Neto first had that burst of proper form for us a couple of years ago and looked a world beater ......had he maintained it for a bit without getting injured the potentially was definitely there for a 100m fee.....but all salesmen over egg a bit....but he probably wasn't far off 70/80m..
I think that £70 million mark is what we’ll want in the summer but will be nearer £60-£65 million unless there’s a bidding war for him

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that £70 million mark is what we’ll want in the summer but will be nearer £60-£65 million unless there’s a bidding war for him

If he stays fit and carries on the way this season has gone so far, he will be one of the most in demand players in Europe this summer.

We should give him a new contract with a £100m buyout clause, like Villa had with Grealish. No faffing then, just refer any interested clubs directly to the clause.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I read it as he could have gone to Eintracht two weeks ago and he has been holding off on that in the hope that Wolves make a move in the last few days.
Maybe, but Frankfurt are still in Europe, and have a better chance of being in Europe next season than us, so I’d doubt that.

I get the feeling he’s holding out for one of the big boys to take a chance on him. The last time he had the opportunity to make the right decision he chose to join PSG and sit on their bench, so I do wonder a little bit if he’s learnt from that or not!

That's just how I see it, I hope I'm wrong of course! I think if we can get him on loan with an option, what a great opportunity for the club and the player to see if it can be a good long term fit. We can afford to be patient with him with our situation in the league.

Ditto with Broja. I do think the main obstacle is going to be PSG/Chelsea wanting a substantial loan fee to accommodate us taking them on loan with an option, which could be a problem with our FFP situation in this current financial year. Maybe that reduces the closer we get to the transfer deadline.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he stays fit and carries on the way this season has gone so far, he will be one of the most in demand players in Europe this summer.

We should give him a new contract with a £100m buyout clause, like Villa had with Grealish. No faffing then, just refer any interested clubs directly to the clause.
I’m not Neto bashing at all, I really like him (apart from the odd sulky moment he has) I just personally don’t see a world where he’s a £100 million player. The clubs that will have that sort of money to spend on a player will already face better players than him. Again personal opinion but the first club that offered £70 million for him I think we’d rip their hands off

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not Neto bashing at all, I really like him (apart from the odd sulky moment he has) I just personally don’t see a world where he’s a £100 million player. The clubs that will have that sort of money to spend on a player will already face better players than him. Again personal opinion but the first club that offered £70 million for him I think we’d rip their hands off
Mendes was talking pre covid, pre FFP prices ...he was talking in that tense.....

Back
Top Bottom